Angel Gomes Watch

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
First start for Lille this afternoon.

Can't be that bad starting for the league champion. Still only turning 21 after tomorrow. Many players were younger coming from worse teams who reached the top, best of luck, maybe one day he can come back too haha :wenger:

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
How was he ?
Pretty poor, gave away 25% of his passes to the other team, crossed 3 teams with 2 unsuccessful, only touched the ball 30 times.

He was pretty anonymous but it did look as though he was told to play a more defensive role on the wing oddly, not too familiar with how Lille play typically

Ace of Spades

The technical aspects were obvious, but nice to see him get stuck in and put some meaty challenges in. That was an area that he really struggled with, and he seems to be improving in that aspect from this clip.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Looked good but I'm assuming it shows only good bits.

Also he is tenacious and won possession lot of times in that video. Hopefully he will have a great season.

Bale Bale Bale

Supports
Spurs
Long term he should be a number 6, England have forever lacked this kind of player.

Idxomer

Looks like he's still getting used to the league from the bits I've seen.

Two reckless fouls that could have easily resulted in a red and a decent chance where his shot went well over the bar.

izec

Long term he should be a number 6, England have forever lacked this kind of player.
You mean deep lying playmaker, as number 6 can also mean a destroyer. Needs to find a manager and club that will give him the time and confidence to develop at this position, but he would have the potential.

For now, the focus should be on establishing himself in Ligue 1 and getting regular game time. It wont be easy, as they have some good players, but lets see how it goes. It is definitely a good step up from Boavista

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Starting for Lille against Wolfsburg as a second striker it seems, maybe left winger in a 442. Think he keeps Yazici on the bench.

Dve

Looks like he had a great game.
Especially when you only get to see the good parts (pass accuracy of 65%, but I didn´t see any misplaces passes here...).

Well done anyway, to get a start for Lille in the CL.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Has turned into Lille's version of Donny Van De Beek recently it would seem.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Zero goals, zero assists on the league, not even made a full 90 minutes on the pitch in the league for Lille yet this season.

lsd

The Oracle
He is still young but does remind me of the sheer amount of abuse Ole was getting on here for not playing him when he clearly wasn't ready

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
He is still young but does remind me of the sheer amount of abuse Ole was getting on here for not playing him when he clearly wasn't ready
See also Amad Diallo.

It’s just that much harder for small, lightweight players to make it at the top. Yes, there are plenty of examples of super talented small players that do make it but it’s undeniably a barrier.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Indeed, I expected him to at least have an Adnan Januzaj level career somewhere.
I reckon he still will. Much too early to write a player off in their first season in a league. He will be a late bloomer and I fancy him to find his feet and do well in France over the next season or two and get a move back to England at some point. He was never going to be the answer here anyway for another few years so it would have been loans or a sale. No harm in it. Most players aren’t ready at 20 to play for Utd. We give the better 20 year olds way too much pressure and responsibility here as things stand and (post Fergie anyway) none have been the answer.