Angel Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dobba

You reckon he might be included in the first team next year ?
I'd be surprised and disappointed if Mourinho doesn't use the pre-season tour as a test of where he is in terms of development. Not just on the field, but his attitude off it. He's been a pretty terribly kept secret for people who watch youth football, but he's going to garner a lot more attention now. You'd like to think the up n' coming players have seen how off the field stuff affected Ravel's career before it even got going and that all the ability in the world means next to nothing if your focus on your career is lacking.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Don't know much about him. Can someone give me a short summary, what kind of a player he is?:)
Well 2 days ago he was a petulant wanker with no loyalty and now he's back to being our next superstar.

Great player that has that genuine star quality about him.

wc18

Wow great news i was prepared for the worst.
Does anyone know the terms of the deal? Years and money per week?

Duafc

Village Lemon
Gutted I didn’t ask to get invited to the cool PM with the ITK.

Dante

Average bang
There's no better club for him to be at. Local Mancunians are always idolised by United fans, and the marketing power of being one (plus his England connections) is going to be bigger than at any other club in the world.

Basically, he could move abroad and be a hero, or he could stay at Old Trafford and be a God.

If he's good enough, he'll make it. It's true that second and third tier players don't get chances here, but Angel will get chances. McTominay and Rashford have proved that.

jb8521

Only 19 players traveled and 3 of those are goalkeepers so he should make the bench at least

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I reckon that he's been promised minutes in order for him to sign his senior contract, now that's out of the way maybe we'll give him 20 minutes if the game's won tonight.

DanClancy

I'd be surprised to see him on the bench but if those numbers JB stated are correct then he's a cert to be on the bench.

mav_9me

O'Hara, Pereira, Romero, Darmian, Smalling, Rojo, Lindelof, Shaw, Young, Carrick, Herrera, McTominay, Matic, Lingard, Mata, Gomes, Rashford, Sanchez, Lukaku
Thanks for that btw. No Pogba or Martial. Interesting.

pascell

Thanks for that btw. No Pogba or Martial. Interesting.
Giving them a rest, they've played every game this month iirc and Pogba has started 6 on the bounce. Well earned rest and we should be beating teams like Yeovil (no disrespect to them), so good chance to recharge their batteries.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
O'Hara, Pereira, Romero, Darmian, Smalling, Rojo, Lindelof, Shaw, Young, Carrick, Herrera, McTominay, Matic, Lingard, Mata, Gomes, Rashford, Sanchez, Lukaku
Where’s this from?

WRT Gomes, I don’t think it’s the right match for him. Shit pitch against lower league opposition will be tough for his game.

Sid234

I thought Riley was training with the 1st team as well? Or was that in Carrington

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Where’s this from?

WRT Gomes, I don’t think it’s the right match for him. Shit pitch against lower league opposition will be tough for his game.
Good experience if he's tough enough.

DeafMUFC

Met him at BBC Sports Personality of the Year & has a long conversation with him, absolute top lad and loves it at United!

I’d love to see him get some minutes, hopefully 3-0 up chuck him on for the last 15.

redom

Sanchez, Gomes and Mata, Mourinho's Midgets are coming to town boys!! :drool:

Classical Mechanic

Think he might start

--------------------Romero-------------------
Darmian------Mike---------Vic---------Shaw
-----------Scotty------------Ander------------
---------------------Gomes--------------------
Mata----------------------------------Sanchez
----------------------Rom----------------------

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.