Anne Sacoolas to face UK Magistrates 18th January - Death of Harry Dunn

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Good stuff, thought she got away with it after going on the lam.

We should refuse to extradite a single person to them until she is sitting in a British jail.

Feck letting her off with a suspended sentence when she legged it.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
As materialistic and shallow as it sounds, if I were his family I'd go after her money if possible.

An 8 month suspended sentence isn't even a blip on her life. Hurting her financially and negatively affecting her way of life may exact some form of revenge. I'd want that if she killed a loved one and fecked off to another country.

hobbers

Wouldn't have been any harsher had she stayed in the country and been sentenced normally. A farce.

Semper Fudge

Adds nothing to the discussion
I'd love for whoever decided on that sentence to sit down with me and explain their thinking.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Cool so you can kill a kid, flee the crime scene, leave the country, and get away without any issues now. That's the precedent being set here, right?

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I'd love for whoever decided on that sentence to sit down with me and explain their thinking.
Spy with too many secrets. It seems with the right backchannels and connections you can get away with war crimes and murder in general, drug dealing, defrauding, people trafficking etc etc

The system is absolutely rigged and they don’t even have to try and hide it anymore

hobbers

Cool so you can kill a kid, flee the crime scene, leave the country, and get away without any issues now. That's the precedent being set here, right?
Dont think she fled the crime scene. Just the country before the police followed up.

Foxbatt

This is normal in every country the Americans are involved in. They killed a bystander in Pakistan and he was released. A soldier brutality murdered a transgender in the Philippines and was released. There was a case in Italy too recently.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
Harry's mother, Charlotte Charles, is answering questions from the media outside court now.

She says: "Job done, promise complete, properly complete now.

"Anne Sacoolas has a criminal record for the rest of her life.

"That was something she never thought she'd see, something the US government never thought they'd see."

She says the family has worked tirelessly and relentlessly to ensure, in the end, Sacoolas had to do "what you and I would have done".

"Harry we done it. We're good, we're good."

^ that’s from the mum who seems quite happy despite the lenient sentence. A lot more anger being directed at the US Government. I’d be seething at the woman still - doesn’t even have the decency to show up in court.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
Shocking outcome but at least the family seem to have closure, even if that isn’t the emotion I’d personally be feeling in their situation.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Harry's mother, Charlotte Charles, is answering questions from the media outside court now.

She says: "Job done, promise complete, properly complete now.

"Anne Sacoolas has a criminal record for the rest of her life.

"That was something she never thought she'd see, something the US government never thought they'd see."

She says the family has worked tirelessly and relentlessly to ensure, in the end, Sacoolas had to do "what you and I would have done".

"Harry we done it. We're good, we're good."

^ that’s from the mum who seems quite happy despite the lenient sentence. A lot more anger being directed at the US Government. I’d be seething at the woman still - doesn’t even have the decency to show up in court.
Glad she’s found some peace. She probably came to terms with him her never spending time in jail a long time ago.

She also probably knows that they’ve just helped her launch a civil case against her where they can go after her money.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Great that the family fought this and at least brought a token gesture conviction out of it - that took huge effort and is to be applauded.

But it's one of the biggest farces you could imagine.
The woman refused to come back here. Because she's not here they can't even give her community service, because they have no way of policing it.
They can't issue a proper jail sentence as again, they can't enforce it.

Instead, all this woman has to do is manage not to do any heinous crimes for a mere year, then she's off totally scot free.

A real no win for the family though. Even if she'd got a proper sentence, it would be depriving some innocent kids of their mum, which the family have said they never wanted from day 1.

The most worrying thing about all of this is that there's apparently about 23,000 people in the UK with this diplomatic immunity nonsense.