Film Annoying Movie/TV Tropes

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I’m sure I remember a similar thread in the past but couldn’t find it from a quick search.

What are your most annoying tropes from films or TV shows? A few that come to mind for me:

- People carrying luggage that is so very obviously empty.

- Same for coffee cups that clearly have nothing in them.

- Whenever people use a computer they just sit and start bashing on the keyboard and never touch the mouse.

- The sound effects that are added to mobile phones, that make touchscreens sound like physical buttons are being pushed.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
All hacking being done from some kind of command prompt clone

Sex scenes for the sake of them

People not saying hi and bye on the phone

"I was just asking to be polite, I don't actually care" this must be a thing people say in LA

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
When a character (often the protagonist) finds themselves in a situation where they can't possibly get out of. There's no way they're getting out of this. They're doomed. They can't possibly get out of - oh, someone who was thought to be dead comes back and saves them. How convenient.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Splitting up in horror movies. Inevitably everyone gets killed individually.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
During a scuffle someone being on top of somebody else and the bottom guy obviously grabbing a rock or knife and the top guy apparently not seeing it.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Every time a sword is grabbed the sound of it being scraped strongly against a whetstone plays.

Every time a vehicle tire starts or stops moving it is either peeling out or screeching to a stop according to the sound.

Shooting arrows into high arcs, relying on their terminal velocity to pierce armor because movie physics.

lsd

The Oracle
This is why I love cinemasins.

It's made me more aware of annoying cliches in films like people saying "you gotta see this"

Then characters will say something to each other and the next scene will have them continue the conversation even though they are now in a different place like did they just wait till they went somewhere else to finish the sentence

lsd

The Oracle
No matter where the characters are the news will suddenly come in a TV to tell the characters exactly what they need to know

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Overly smart detectives saying stupid shit like 'He killed your family but he won't do it again'.

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
When someone's being chased and they stop and turn around to see if they're in the clear.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Action movies pretending the protagonist is in any kind of danger. It's a genre for idiots if you think about it.

cafecillos

All the lights in a house on all the time.

No rinsing with water after brushing teeth.

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
All hacking being done from some kind of command prompt clone

Sex scenes for the sake of them

People not saying hi and bye on the phone

"I was just asking to be polite, I don't actually care" this must be a thing people say in LA
Power was the epitome of this.
I can't believe I watched through 4 shit seasons of this cause my mate said it was decent...

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
- Driving with all windows down, and yet there is no wind, I like driving with windows down but if you have more than one window down on your car above 40 KM/h you feel like you are in the middle of tornado.

- People talking on their phones with phone screen on and usually on dial pad screen and not phone call screen, this happens so often and even in very good movies I am actually starting to think they are doing in on purpose for some reason

- In the "docks" scenes and similar setup, cars are turned off and yet the lights stay on the entire time so we can see the scene. That's almost not possible in many European cars, if you want it to make realistic leave the car on and that's it.

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
Am I the only one who spills the swill all over the place when brushing? It's literally impossible not to but whenever I do it in the presence of someone else I get chastised for my messiness.

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
The bad guy's triumphant monologue that gives our hero just enough time to save the day.

Bobade

All the lights in a house on all the time.

No rinsing with water after brushing teeth.
I don't rinse either. Am I in a movie?

The worst one is how guns click and make cocking noises just by being held or moved around.

Siorac

People not looking at the road when they are driving. Have a conversation, by all means, but focus - there's no need to stare at the other.

In some films they do actually crash the car because of this and I always love when that happens because it feels like the director/screenwriter shares my frustrations.

Roosney

Every character is wearing crispy new clothes.
Explosions, jumping off roofs and wrestling with monsters don"t affect make-up and hairdos.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
“Can I take you out Friday night?”

“Sure”

“Great, I’ll see you then”

What time? Where? Are you picking me up? What are we doing? Should I eat first? What should I wear?

a_devil_inside

Big footed hermaphrodite
If people are driving along slowly their hands on the wheel are moving the steeing wheel back and forth a lot.

Whenever a cat appears it always makes a loud meow or hisses when it jumps. They also like hiding in closed cupboards.

The main bad guy always kill their victims with such ease, usuallu with one move but forget how to fight against the main woman in the film, a lot of the time dropping the weapon.

American families make huge breakfasts every morning only for someone to grab someone elses slice of toast to eat on the go, not buttered either.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Deciding to hesitate killing the main bad guy/outright sparing him after you've had no qualms at all mowing down 7,000 underlings who have done much less to you.

Not making sure the bad guy is dead.

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
When the hero of the story gets captured, all his friends executed, and when its his turn the chief bad guy halts the swing of knife, and for no reason at all changes him mind and says something along the lines of "i ak settinf you free instead, go and tell everyone this message of how to surrender instead" and inevitably the hero runs and tells everyone and creates a grand master plan to defeat the bad guy.

Send a little minion to run that small errand ffs.