Ansu Fati

tomaldinho1

He’s been offered around absolutely everywhere it seems. Such a strange one, seemed to have the world at his feet and then Barca literally destroyed his knee. Would love to see him in the Prem and for but feel he might be headed down the Phil Jones road.

wr8_utd

:'(
Wherever he moves, it's currently a loan deal right? So he can't be sold by Brighton for massive amounts in a few seasons.

That being said, I don't think he will be an immediate success whether he moves to Spurs or Brighton. There's a reason Barca are willing to offload him, they don't let go of their youth players unless they are confident they won't be good enough for the first team. Can't remember the last time they willingly let go of a young player who has senior football and became a success somewhere else.

Giovanni Dos Santos, Krkic, Delafeou, also players who had a massive reputation at one point but were sold by Barca and couldn't succeed.
I think Moriba is one of the few young players that Barca reluctantly let go when he moved to Leipzig and his move has been quite the disaster.

MexicanCowboy

Supports
Barcelona
Wherever he moves, it's currently a loan deal right? So he can't be sold by Brighton for massive amounts in a few seasons.

That being said, I don't think he will be an immediate success whether he moves to Spurs or Brighton. There's a reason Barca are willing to offload him, they don't let go of their youth players unless they are confident they won't be good enough for the first team. Can't remember the last time they willingly let go of a young player who has senior football and became a success somewhere else.

Giovanni Dos Santos, Krkic, Delafeou, also players who had a massive reputation at one point but were sold by Barca and couldn't succeed.
Thiago Alcantara was the last great Masía product we let go. All the others were mediocre at Best. Like Samper and Adama Traoré.

It's not like Barca think Fati isn't good enough. The fact Is his father wants him to be a regular starter and has been complaining all the last season about it. Xavi has had enough. So loaning him Is a good option to give him the chance to play more but without losing the player.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Thiago Alcantara was the last great Masía product we let go. All the others were mediocre at Best. Like Samper and Adama Traoré.

It's not like Barca think Fati isn't good enough. The fact Is his father wants him to be a regular starter and has been complaining all the last season about it. Xavi has had enough. So loaning him Is a good option to give him the chance to play more but without losing the player.
But Thiago going was forced since his transfer clause was exercised when he didn't play enough the last season, I don't think Barca would have sold him at that price to Bayern (though you can argue that them not playing enough to enable that clause meant they were fine letting him go for that much).

While loaning is a good option, it's also a massive risk taking him to the EPL, where the league's style of play is very different to the La Liga, he might have difficulty adjusting quickly and also doesn't have the luxury of a pre-season with them.

Castia

Great move for both parties

Brighton get a good player that will help them this season and Fati gets a chance to look good and put himself in the shop window like most players at Brighton

Eddy_JukeZ

He’s not dead. Moving to Brighton means some sucker will pay 150m for him within a couple of years.
He will likely never hit the heights that was expected of him.

But yeah Brighton might fleece someone.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
He’s not dead. Moving to Brighton means some sucker will pay 150m for him within a couple of years.

It’s only a loan deal chaps.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Fun transfer. Barca seem weirdly keen to move on from a kid who had some bad injury luck but looks brilliant when he plays.
Seems similar to when the whole world thought that Renato Sanchez was the greatest next thing and then he signed for Swansea.
No disrespect to Brighton, they are doing incredible business.
Shame how much injuries derailed him.

He was a special talent.

It’s important to remember he wasn’t just seen as the next big thing, he WAS the next big thing. Then Barca fecking ruined his career. I posted on the previous page what they did to him, how they handled his original injury and how desperately they pushed him back into service with twice a day rehab against medical advice. Being a young lad he went along with it. And they wrecked his knee.

At this point he is rebuilding his career. Remains to be seen if he can make a full recovery with time, but he’s probably got a career defining and limiting problem at this point. fecking shameful club. And they don’t care, they’ve got their new super talent coming through, they’ll chuck this kid on the scrap heap unless he can rebuild his body somehow.

I hope he does, and I hope he walks away on a free to a massive contract and comes back to haunt them. I’ll be rooting for this kid at Brighton. He was fecking electric before his injury.

Ole'sgunnarwin

Few people saying he'll be a squad player. He's absolutely quality, the only way this won't be a success is due to injuries and that is a concern. He's still a special talent and coupled that with how well players perform for Brighton, it seems a great move.

Ragnar123

Supports
Barcelona
A very good move for both Fati and Barca. Barca doesn't need him this season in this form and he needs a new, fresh start to find his form again. If he proves himself at Brighton, he'll be welcomed back with open arms again next summer.

eire-red

Surprising move. Wonder will he go the Bojan route or reignite his career?

The Taurean

looks like a chipmunk
Nothing is so common as the wish to be remarkable.
A very good move for both Fati and Barca. Barca doesn't need him this season in this form and he needs a new, fresh start to find his form again. If he proves himself at Brighton, he'll be welcomed back with open arms again next summer.
Seems there is bit of truth to the less than ideal recovery procedure from his injury. Barca fans would be divided over this I assume.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
Another impressive signing for Brighton.
This must be our biggest name signing ever, Fati probably just pips Jimmy Case when we signed him from Liverpool!

Brilliant news to wake up to.

Oranges038

I thought he was headed to SA.

Be interesting to see how this turns out.

Seems there is bit of truth to the less than ideal recovery procedure from his injury. Barca fans would be divided over this I assume.
Barca rushed him and apparently had him doing extra recovery sessions when he was supposed to only do one per day. Add to that, he was a kid and still growing it was inevitable that he'd end up with other muscular injuries on top of his knee.

Last edited:

CallyRed

Best bit of news since they found out they were leaving the withdean.

Ishdalar

Supports
Barcelona
This must be our biggest name signing ever, Fati probably just pips Jimmy Case when we signed him from Liverpool!

Brilliant news to wake up to.
Where is he going to play? His best role would be were Mitoma plays, and I don't think he's better than Mitoma right now.

Then there's the striker, where if I'm not mistaken he has to fight the spot vs Evan Ferguson (better prospect for Brighton than Ansu), and the occasional game by Welbeck who is worse, but maybe better than Ansu leading the line up top (he plays better as a second striker or left winger).

It would be a great signing for a reasonable fee, if he were fit and with how well you've developed talent lately. But as a loan, I don't think he nails a starting spot right away and improves the team vastly, great depth option, but with his demands of being a starter on Barcelona, a couple games on the bench at Brighton could have him creating a problem.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Where is he going to play? His best role would be were Mitoma plays, and I don't think he's better than Mitoma right now.

Then there's the striker, where if I'm not mistaken he has to fight the spot vs Evan Ferguson (better prospect for Brighton than Ansu), and the occasional game by Welbeck who is worse, but maybe better than Ansu leading the line up top (he plays better as a second striker or left winger).

It would be a great signing for a reasonable fee, if he were fit and with how well you've developed talent lately. But as a loan, I don't think he nails a starting spot right away and improves the team vastly, great depth option, but with his demands of being a starter on Barcelona, a couple games on the bench at Brighton could have him creating a problem.
Think you answered it. If he's a second striker he can compete with Joao Pedro to play behind Ferguson or Welbeck.
Ensico took his place after De Zebri publically stated Pedro did not work hard enough.

Between the second striker role and the left wing role there will be a lot of play opportunity for Fati, especially when you consider Europe.

GlasgowCeltic

Hope he manages to really kick back on there, either way he shouldn't return to Barca imo

cyberman

Just shows you when people talk about small clubs such as Brighton scouting. They only take these risks because it’s hard for them to attract the established stars. Now it’s some sort of Gilmour / Milner / Fati forward combo when they’ve become an attraction