Antonio Conte Sack Watch (Napoli)

romufc

I’ve never seen a manager beg for the sack as much as this bloke. He could still be happily sat in Milan right now, living like a king after winning the league.
Its pathetic isn't it. To see someone beg to get sacked over and over again just because his methods are not working.

The way he talks, it seems like he is doing Spurs a favour. How a club who is looking to be a top club allow such disrespect from a manager is beyond me.

Maybe the fans would be ok if they were doing well but its dire!

redcucumber

He’s shite. Can’t even get in a shit Spurs side. He’s one of the PL’s most overrated players.
Disagree. Wouldn't trust Conte to know what the feck he's doing at the moment, as you literally just said he's begging for the sack. Spurs fans want Richarlison to start according to balaks and see him as their future CF if/when Kane goes in the summer.

Wilt

Now that would be fun. A lot more exciting than Poch being back.

Levy seems like the ideal sort of candidate for Tuchel to work under. Tuchel wants to coach what's in front of him and not worry about anything else. Sounds ideal.
Yes think Tuchel would like another ‘top 6‘ type club and a feeling Levy wouldn’t want to be sacking (paying off) Poch twice.

crossy1686

career ending
Its pathetic isn't it. To see someone beg to get sacked over and over again just because his methods are not working.

The way he talks, it seems like he is doing Spurs a favour. How a club who is looking to be a top club allow such disrespect from a manager is beyond me.

Maybe the fans would be ok if they were doing well but its dire!
He believes his own hype, acts like he's doing everyone a favour in every job he gets.

el3mel

:lol: He cracks me up, gives no fecks at the minute.
This is a hilarious comment.

Anyway, once Liverpool get top 4 ahead of him, he will get sacked. The entire experiment has been a failure and so far them being 4th is the only thing still keeping him in charge. With Liverpool breathing under their neck it's just a matter of time before they feck it up too, and Conte will get his wish granted.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
He probably has a massive Mourinho poster in his house. Everything he does just reminds you of Mou. Play style and tactic, how they act during the game, down to fecking off when things get tough on their teams.

ti vu

I don't expect him to last till the end of the season - I wouldn't be surprised if he is gone within the next week.
Who you guys are linking with to replace Conte if he gets the sack before season end? Permanent or just interim?

InfiniteBoredom

Yup. We really dodged a bullet. Mad how it felt the exact opposite during his first season in charge.

And typing that has just made me anxious ETH might have the same trajectory. Feck :(
Us having the worst season in PL era made Conte look better. They weren't exactly in red hot form or played swashbuckling football, and it took a classic Arsenal bottlejob for them to finish top 4.

EtH may run into roadblocks along the way but at least he won't have us hate watching football. The way Spurs fans are talking about Conte, he's 2nd season LvG-lite.

crossy1686

career ending
He probably has a massive Mourinho poster in his house. Everything he does just reminds you of Mou. Play style and tactic, how they act during the game, down to fecking off when things get tough on their teams.
Mourinho has the trophies to back it up though, this guy got nowhere near that level.

Pintu

Us having the worst season in PL era made Conte look better. They weren't exactly in red hot form or played swashbuckling football, and it took a classic Arsenal bottlejob for them to finish top 4.
They didn’t play great football. But they were very good at grinding results and actually created chances. Since Conte was appointed until the end of the season they managed a 2points/game (3d of the table, and 7 points ahead of Chelsea over that period)… which is slightly better than what we are doing this year with ETH (49 in 25)

It is going to shit right now (I think the most stupid thing he did was the FA Cup exit with that rotated side) and they are only 4th thanks to Pool and Chelsea being shit, but his first season was a good one. No need to downplay it.

justsomebloke

He’s shite. Can’t even get in a shit Spurs side. He’s one of the PL’s most overrated players.
A Spurs side that is currently fourth, and where he's competing with Harry Kane and Dejan Kulusevski? Plus, he does actually get in Brazil's starting 11? Think maybe you're overdoing it a little here?

crossy1686

career ending
A Spurs side that is currently fourth, and where he's competing with Harry Kane and Dejan Kulusevski? Plus, he does actually get in Brazil's starting 11? Think maybe you're overdoing it a little here?
Nah, don't rate him and haven't since his Watford days. He should be playing at a much higher level than he is, Son has been terrible this season and Kulusevski has been injured. He's another social media player, in the ilk of Pogba and the likes.

Chief123

The Conte implosion and meltdown we all expected (except spurs fans) is well and truly pending. Currently at the stage of blame each other.

sugar_kane

Fecks sake Conte you were the only hope realistically of keeping the scousers out of the top four, couldn't you have waited til the end of the season to melt down?

Chief123

Fecks sake Conte you were the only hope realistically of keeping the scousers out of the top four, couldn't you have waited til the end of the season to melt down?
It’s so annoying. They are imploding while still in 4th. It’s going to take an even bigger disaster for Liverpool not to get 4th now. Newcastle have faded away as most expected.

Pele's blue pil

Supports
Arsenal
Even as a Arsenal fan I couldn't even take joy in that performance from them against Milan. Glad they went out but to serve that up when you need to win the game is a disgrace. Only shoot on target in stoppage time, fans deserve better than that.

It's mad to think about all the noise last season when they got top for ahead of us. They really screwed up the transfer window to be honest. Only one decent signing out the lost so far. Think if Liverpool get it together then spurs will miss out on top 4.

Conte and kane to go in the summer. Big changes ahead and I hope they mess it up again.

Smacky The Frog

Yup. We really dodged a bullet. Mad how it felt the exact opposite during his first season in charge.

And typing that has just made me anxious ETH might have the same trajectory. Feck :(
Conte was never the right man for United. With him, it's just about results. Once those stop coming, there's nothing left to hold on to and all you're left with is misery and dissension. Even in his first season at Spurs, I don't remember seeing anything in their performances that suggested they were going to be a real threat moving forward. It never looked sustainable.

Ten Haag is a completely different kind of manager and personality, and you can see steady progress in not just results but also performances. Of course things could go wrong, but as someone who semi-roots against United, I just don't see it happening anytime soon. It'll be interesting to see how he handles the higher expectations next season, but this is the most (rationally) hopeful any United fan should be since Sir Alex left.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
His F2 engine blew up while trying to keep the pace with Red Bulls and Ferraris at the start of the season, yet he never collapses. With Varane, Casemiro and Rashford instead of Maguire, McTominay and late Ronaldo, he becomes Ten Hag with a wig.