Antonio Mateu Lahoz

Idxomer

What is wrong with him?

He beats Mike Dean for the most attention-seeking ref ever.

AFC NimbleThumb

I had no clue of his name but I know his face. Does this every big european night too.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Recognised his face at the start of the game and couldn't remember if it was for good reasons or bad....

No Love

He loves a card. So much so, he booked me as I was typing this message.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Perfect prime Alan Partridge cosplaying by this middle-aged Spanish intruder!

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Funny thing is he usually let's a lot go. But every once in a while he has a game like this

Jev

He loves a card. So much so, he booked me as I was typing this message.
But on the other hand you felt like the Argentinians would never have gotten a red no matter how many fouls and dirty tricks they committed.

Nero

Another ref who thinks he's the star attraction.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
It’s really weird cause I remember him having a fantastic performance in a United game recently, so much so me and my dad both commented on it which is a rarity for referees, but was utter garbage tonight just bottled it on the big stage completely.

Oranges038

500 matches and about 2500 cards.

He's one of the most attention seeking refs going, absolute joker.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Can someone translate please.
Something about the ref asking VVD to let Messi take the first penalty, but I can't really hear what the ref is saying so could be a load of rubbish.

huyn

Supports
FC Nantes
Refereeing has been good during this WC, and despite most fans here hating on Michael Oliver, he was good today. Lahoz on the other hand was horrendous. He had absolutely no control over the game and just kept throwing cards left and right. 18 cards in a game where nothing big happened is just not normal. It should have been an easy game to ref, there was no controversial situation, a bit of pushing at one point but nothing bad.

Reddragon93

Something about the ref asking VVD to let Messi take the first penalty, but I can't really hear what the ref is saying so could be a load of rubbish.
it is true he actually does ask VVD if he wants to let them take the first penalty, I found it pretty weird tbh

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
it is true he actually does ask VVD if he wants to let them take the first penalty, I found it pretty weird tbh
That's very odd.

I thought he was heavily weighted in favour of Argentina all game.

phelans shorts

Refereeing has been good during this WC, and despite most fans here hating on Michael Oliver, he was good today. Lahoz on the other hand was horrendous. He had absolutely no control over the game and just kept throwing cards left and right. 18 cards in a game where nothing big happened is just not normal. It should have been an easy game to ref, there was no controversial situation, a bit of pushing at one point but nothing bad.
Did you miss the three (not really but in football pundit terms) brawls

Rodgerzzz

He set the tone nice & early with that booking to Walter Samuel on the Argentina coaching staff, you could tell it was going to be a yellow card fiesta

Superden

perhaps if players stopped with all the shithousery then he wouldnt have to book them?
(i like the shithousery)

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
This fecking cnut

The rule from the transfer tweet thread about posting untranslated tweets should be extended to everywhere. This is becoming a bad habit.

Brophs

The One and Only
When we were kids one of the lads said to the ref “I hear half of the school have had a go on Nell” (his daughter) and he sent him off and also 6 other people who laughed. Same sort of vibes.