Antony | Here we go! €100mill, contract until June 2027, option 'til 2028.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
No they don’t.
Yes they do.

They don't want to sell the player and if they have to they want sillier money.

They either get the sillier money or they keep the player.

How do they lose?

If he is the standout player at the world cup he will easily be worth the same next summer?

There must be a reason United are willing to spend it and Ajax are willing to wait for it.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
That interview with Fabrizio is fairly nuclear. He is setting everything he can on fire in order to facilitate a move.

I can only imagine Redcafe if Bruno did a interview with a journalist in that fashion.

TheReligion

Abusive
You could argue Ronaldo had quite a dip in 2009, but United still received a world record fee
United agreed to let Ronaldo go if he gave them one more season from memory. They then stuck to it. This looks like Ajax are going against whatever was discussed and have known for quite some time he intended to be there for 2 years and indicated he was actively looking to leave in the summer as early as Feb.

It’s obvious Ajax knew this and accepted it. Hence why Antony is now raging and going public.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Similar to the fax machine fiasco with De Gea, I could see him being rewarded for his 'troubles' with a new contract after the window is closed
I don’t think he’ll stay. We’re all having a tiff in here but we know we’ll bid 100m euros, Edwin will “step in” and Ajax will get Ziyech for 20m euros. I just don’t like this idea that players are twats because they dare to want to leave a club for a far better opportunity they may never get again when that opportunity gives their club a huge amount of money.

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Two points:

1. A release clause serves different purposes. Messi had a release clause, as did Neymar, etc. Doesn't mean anyone could realistic afford them (unless you're PSG). You don't know what Haaland's release clause would've been at United had we signed, him, but I reckon it would've been in the range of where it's at at City (somewhere in the 200 million range). For context, his release clause at Dortmund was 65 million pounds or so, far more attainable, and therefore basically an insurance policy that he could get out for the right price.

2. Where have I said long contracts only protect the clubs? A contract is an agreement between two or more parties. Common sense suggests that the parties in it are in it for themselves. So clearly both club and player, and any third parties, benefit.
Right but the difference here is that release clauses in la liga are a literal legal requirement, which is not the case for the English or German leagues.

A player asking for such clauses in those leagues is doing so because they and their agents are actively planning a getaway within a few years.

You tried to portray Haaland's request for a release clause at Dortmund as a direct consequence of their previous actions when selling players....when he's done the exact same thing to the biggest club in the English league and the current most successful one.

It's also important to note that the 200 million figure is both in euros and also seemingly due to drop further along into the contract too.

The bit about contracts was not directly specifically towards you but as a general point, towards people on here who seem to genuinely believe Anthony was almost doing Ajax a favour by signing a 5 year agreement, as opposed to also protecting himself in case he flopped/ developed a serious injury etc.

Mwooyo

Been singing this from the beginning...lets move on. There are cheaper options like olise and even something like taking ziyech on loan is better than blowing 100m on anthony. We need another midfielder and a rb like vanderson. The pressure on anthony to succeed will be way too much if we blow 100m on him...hes stats in the eredevise are already bang average...imagine piling on the pressure of such a massive price tag. Lets move on....same thing we should have done for FDJ btw

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
That interview with Fabrizio is fairly nuclear. He is setting everything he can on fire in order to facilitate a move.

I can only imagine Redcafe if Bruno did a interview with a journalist in that fashion.
We will take that 90m for Bruno.

Speako

We absolutely walk away today. Feck them. Leave them with a key player who is now furious and has essentially downed tools. Shame for him, but this needs to backfire on the right club, and we need to ensure it isn’t us.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
United agreed to let Ronaldo go if he gave them one more season from memory. They then stuck to it. This looks like Ajax are going against whatever was discussed and have known for quite some time he intended to be there for 2 years and indicated he was actively looking to leave in the summer as early as Feb.

It’s obvious Ajax knew this and accepted it. Hence why Antony is now raging and going public.
I mean, you’re basing all this off of what Antony is saying while he’s trying to do his absolute best to make the transfer happen and make Ajax look like assholes for not letting it happen.

if there was some agreement he and his agent should have been smart enough to put a clause in. Nothing wrong with what Ajax are doing here at all.

Ultimately we need to give up and walk away this summer, get a stop gap and go back next summer. We will either get him cheaper or if he costs the same he will have become a much better player by then.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
I don’t think he’ll stay. We’re all having a tiff in here but we know we’ll bid 100m euros, Edwin will “step in” and Ajax will get Ziyech for 20m euros. I just don’t like this idea that players are twats because they dare to want to leave a club for a far better opportunity they may never get again when that opportunity gives their club a huge amount of money.
Oh yeah no doubt about that, we'll give in and pay what they want with some form of compromise being presented

gaffs

No one else concerned about Anthony's professionalism and temperament?

He is on strike and talking to journalists. This may put pressure on Ajax, but should the deal not happen, it puts him in a bad spot.

I believe his brother is his agent. Likely his brother has only client so is seeing $ signs and pushing for this deal, potentially giving Anthony bad advice.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
They were essentially forced to as the player refused Chelsea even though the club had agreed to terms with them for a much bigger fee.
Just a rubbish thing that keeps getting repeated.

Just as those that think young talents will now stop coming to Ajax, give your head a wobble. Footballers are more fickle than fans, look at how Barcelona are treating their players, and look at the new ones still happily going there.

Nights

What the feck? They have one of the best youth academies in the entire world. They literally develop superstars on a regular basis.

You're going on about them like they're Dortmund or Porto.
Happy to hear all about the homegrown superstars they’ve developed in their academy. And no, don’t include the ones they bought from other Dutch sides since you clearly disagree with my point that they buy players to develop also.

Enigma_87

You know who
Or he could perform well with Brazil, be instrumental in another Eredivisie win, and help them to a, let's say, CL quarter-final. You just don't know at this point.
And still won’t fetch the same value next year. There aren’t many clubs that can afford to spend as much on a single player.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

He is on strike and talking to journalists. This may put pressure on Ajax, but should the deal not happen, it puts him in a bad spot.

I believe his brother is his agent. Likely his brother has only client so is seeing $ signs and pushing for this deal, potentially giving Anthony bad advice.
bad advice in trying to join the PL and Manchester fecking United?!

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
They do?

Even De Jong was signed at 17-18 from another Dutch club.

Who is the last so called super star before De Ligt (and even he is debatable), Sneijder?

Here are all the Academy graduates from the Euros.
Good players, but super stars!?

Historically, they do. Cruijff, De Boer, Kluivert, I'm sure I'm missing a few oldies as well. Even if they haven't produced a ton of top talent in recent years, their historical modus operandi is to get players from their own youth ranks playing in the first team. And it's not "buy low, sell high" like the poster I replied to was implying, is all I was trying to say.

He's a Liverpool fan ffs :lol:, not going to ever get a good faith discussion from a rival fan looking to post on a rival teams forum
My posts are in good faith, just trying to play some devil's advocate here and there. You can look up my posts re: the Kane transfer saga last year, where I also said he had to suck it up and get playing again because he had to honour a contract.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
From these quotes; i am not sure that we made a formal offer until this week. We were too late. During Martinez chase, we should have bid for Antony too. Murtough fecked it up

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
Surely Ajax has to sell now, Jezz Antony what the feck are you doing man?

Irrational.

Given the circumstances, we should be the ones in the position of power. Ajax have an unhappy player on their hands who will never command such a fee. It’s a win win for all parties, yet Ajax have bizarrely suddenly decided to play hardball.

Amir

Come across quite poorly for the club if as a development club, they had a player ask to leave since February and get record offers and still get rejected. That's how players stop picking you, as you are then being difficult to work with for these players who want to use them as a stepping stone.
Ajax are not some small, poor, development club. They are a big club with ambitions. Yes, ultimately they are a stepping stone - but it doesn't mean they can be stepped on. They have their own plans.

Kassadin

Offer them 90 mil plus Ronaldo. They get their replacement (granted not like for like) . Ronaldo gets to play in the CL. We get to sign Antony and rid ourselves of Ronaldo.

Amir

We should be worried that if we do sign him, he could do this to us in a couple of years time.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
Who was the Ajax fan who laughed at me yesterday for saying that he'd kick up a fuss?
Yeah he was giving it large with me too.
Is he kicking up a fuss then? All that is known that he isn't on the training today, which is pretty much standard procedure when a transfers could happen.
The kicking up a fuss is speculation
Is missing more training and games, going to Fabrizio Romano to talk about wanting to get the feck out of Amsterdam also not considered as kicking up a fuss and standard procedure? :)

This is as close to kicking up a fuss as you can come in football transfers apart from taking a baseball bat to ajax offices.

Aint no way you're getting Antony guys haha. There's just no way, unless you pay our feckoff 100 million. I think he does not want to go now also to Manchester.
He's horny for us.

Hahahaha ofcourse not mate. He's not leaving, trust me. He's happy in Amsterdam and wants to play at a stable club with the world cup coming up. No offense but Manchester united is a nightmare at the moment, why on earth would he go when Man Utd isn't even playing champions league and failing in the EPL? I'm a united lover also don't get me wrong but he won't leave. Only for 100 million maybe, 80/90 won't be enough. That's just facts and you know it.
He sounds so happy in amsterdam doesn't he hahahahaha. He actually gave your post a big feck you.
You: happy in amsterdam.
Antony in today's interview: Let me the fk leave.

You: Manchester United is a NIGHTMARE, why would he want to go to you.
Antony in today's interview: let me follow my DREAM ajax. :lol:

Last edited:

Baneofthegame

He will play even if they don’t accept our offer, not risking his place in a World Cup year.

Im not sure anyone offers 90 million euros next summer regardless of the World Cup, especially when he’s not a guaranteed starter.

Enigma_87

You know who
Are we going to do this on every page of the thread?
Kane? He’s not near the ability he has shown couple of year ago now and no one is close to paying 130m or whatever City we’re going to pay Spurs for him. Next year he will have year left on his contract and probably walk for free in 2024.

Rolaholic

Just a rubbish thing that keeps getting repeated.

Just as those that think young talents will now stop coming to Ajax, give your head a wobble. Footballers are more fickle than fans, look at how Barcelona are treating their players, and look at the new ones still happily going there.
What the feck did my post have to do with Ajax buddy?

I was speaking on what happened with Raphinha in particular given the post that I quoted, take your red and white blinders off ffs :houllier:

Nights

Is missing more training and games, going to Fabrizio Romano to talk about wanting to get the feck out of Amsterdam also not considered as kicking up a fuss and standard procedure? :)

This is as close to kicking up a fuss as you can come in football transfers apart from taking a baseball bat to ajax offices.
He needs his agent to do a Mino and kick some chairs.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Historically, they do. Cruijff, De Boer, Kluivert, I'm sure I'm missing a few oldies as well. Even if they haven't produced a ton of top talent in recent years, their historical modus operandi is to get players from their own youth ranks playing in the first team. And it's not "buy low, sell high" like the poster I replied to was implying, is all I was trying to say.

My posts are in good faith, just trying to play some devil's advocate here and there. You can look up my posts re: the Kane transfer saga last year, where I also said he had to suck it up and get playing again because he had to honour a contract.
You're wrong. Business models change. Well, the previous model wasn't much of a business model. They only became a listed company 1998 and they nearly went bankrupt that same decade.

You're going back 30 years on average in the examples you gave, and you're ignoring the really obvious recent ones:

De Jong, Ziyech, Antony, Martinez, Alvarez, Tagliafico, Neres, etc, etc.

Their model is clearly: Buy early for 10-20m and develop (did this start with Zlatan?) with the odd veteran and genuine academy player thrown in (Gravenberch, Timber, Tadic, Blind, Berghuis).

Of course they have one of the best youth setups, but it's not true that their kids regular go on to be "super stars", more like Van de Beek and Veltman caliber players.

Terranova

Supports
United/Ajax

At that point there wasn't a credible source reporting on it, so i still stand behind my comment, because i'm not one to believe just any source just to get some hope.
But it turned out to be true, so i'm quite disappointed in Antony.
Hopefully it'll get resolved soon, either with Utd paying up or giving up. It's getting a bit ridiculous now.

Status
Not open for further replies.