Antony | Here we go! €100mill, contract until June 2027, option 'til 2028.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hughie77

He's been telling the club since February he wants to go?
Can see UTD sticking to there guns on the offer no more. Its up to Ajax realy. I would like to see a deal done for Gakpo even if its leave him on loan at PSV until next season.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
They are not ready yet but neither is Amad.
Look at it From Ajax's point of view. We have a new manager same as United. United took our manager
United take our best defender
Bayern take our second best defender and our best midfielder
Now United want our best attacker.
We need to give our new manager a fighting chance
How can you say Amad is not ready? He has international caps and senior team football appearances in European club. Amad’s situation is almost similar to Brobbey.

TsuWave

Look Ajax bought Antony for 13m only 2 years ago. He hasn't really dominate their shite league since then. His stats is a joke for a 90m player. Most young talents only going to there as stepping stones for bigger move elsewhere in future.

This has always been the case for them. Always. They are just sellers club, and we paid them premium price for their players.

They should be grateful for us. No young talents would join them should they block their big moves. This is the reality.
The entitlement. Some of you guys make United/United fanbase pretty easy to dislike. fecking hell

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
The entitlement. Some of you guys make United/United fanbase pretty easy to dislike. fecking hell
Dislike for what? Its not like we are taking their best young players for free and trying to unsettle their players, or anything. We did pay them premium price for their players who wish to leave them, and they did never manage to keep their best young talents from almost any other bigger clubs out there.

So don't blame us for everything, that's how to run their club for over past 30 years, blame them instead.

shahzy

Yeah I know what he means, United is obviously a step up but wording it like that is pretty insulting.

I don't want to fight. I like your club and enjoy this forum.

So I am going to bail out and wish everyone a nice day.

Congratulations on your win today.
I wouldn't listen to idiot past players including Scholes, Neville etc. They are so unbelievably biased it makes me cringe and I'm a Utd fan

TsuWave

Dislike for what? Its not like we are taking their best young players for free, or anything. We did pay them premium price for their players, and they did never manage to keep their best young talents from any other bigger clubs.

Don't blame us for everything, that's how to run their club for over past 30 years, blame them instead.
Because they don't want to sell him and you're here talking about they should be grateful for us. "They are just a sellers club" - Ajax is a historic football club.

GMoore23

We should walk now and call their bluff. No way will they go into the season with a seriously unhappy player and risk 90m.

Reactions: Sultan

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Because they don't want to sell him and you're here talking about they should be grateful for us. "They are just a sellers club" - Ajax is a historic football club.
Historically speaking, over past 30 years or so, they are in fact a sellers club. They sold their best young talents FDJ at age 22, and De Ligt at age 20, for premium fee too. Young talents joined their academy at low cost, performs well, and wants to move to bigger clubs. They let them go, for good profit. This is how they run their club for past 30 years or so.

Thoms

Supports
Ajax
We should walk now and call their bluff. No way will they go into the season with a seriously unhappy player and risk 90m.
You bet we will. But I can see this coming to a deal anyhow.

dubplate warrior

Has all the makings of a deadline signing. Watching todays performance and in particular the many deficiencies of Elanga, its obvious he will improve us by quite a distance.

Definitely need a Martial MK2. We play more cohesively with him in the team.

TsuWave

Historically speaking, over past 30 years or so, they are in fact a sellers club. They sold their best young talents FDJ at age 22, and De Ligt at age 20, for premium fee too. Young talents joined their academy at low cost, performs well, and wants to move to bigger clubs. They let them go, for good profit. This is how they run their club for past 30 years or so.
Historically speaking, over the past 10 years or so, United has been a shit club. That doesn't mean people refer to United as "just a shit club". Do you really lack the tact to see how referring to Ajax has "just a sellers club" is not on?

We have not been anointed by a higher power to obtain their players. They don't want to sell him and have said so. It's on us to try to convince them otherwise we potentially better offers, but it's laughable that you think they should be grateful for us.

Last edited:

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Historically speaking, over the past 10 years or so, United has been a shit club. That doesn't mean people refer to United has "just a shit club". Do you really lack the tact to see how referring to Ajax has "just a sellers club" is not on?

We have not been anointed by a higher power to obtain their players. They don't want to sell him and have said so. It's on us to try to convince them otherwise we potentially better offers, but it's laughable that you think they should be grateful for us.
But we pay premium price to the sellers club, we pay premium wage to the players, and we offer them a chance to play in the best league in the world, and we have one of the biggest followings in the world football too.

Look, those are the things Ajax couldn't offer to their players. They buy players with low fee, they pay their players with lower wage, they could only offer their player a chance to play in 6-7th rank league. Should big opportunity elsewhere being presented to their players, and big money being offered to them, they always let those players go, they have to. Its the only decent thing to do, try not to hold back the players career, let them move to bigger stage where they couldn't offer them a chance, and take the money, huge amount of money from us, and develop their team again with cheaper and younger talents, who would want to join them as stepping stone to bigger clubs in futures, and with good profit to Ajax too. Win win situation to all.

DonnyCostsAlotOfMoney

Supports
Ajax
I dont think its necessary to debate whether Man Utd is a bigger club then ajax. Obviously a player rather plays there: PL, salary, exposure etc.

However, I dont think Man Utd can beat Ajax at the moment. Not saying Ajax will beat them easily or anything like that but I fancy our changes. In a best of 7 I'd put my money on Ajax

In that EL final you beat us Mourinho style. Better tactic, more clinical etc. but since then Ajax has improved massively. I doubt any of the players on the pitch back then would play now

BlueHaze

Absolute shambles they have not signed him already. One thing we all know: this is a player which ETH has from the start said to the board he wanted. 5 days away from the window he's still not here.

They give 80m for Maguire but hesitant paying up for this guy....

SATA

Absolute shambles they have not signed him already. One thing we all know: this is a player which ETH has from the start said to the board he wanted. 5 days away from the window he's still not here.

It’ll be done eventually mate which everyone knows. He wouldn’t have played today even if we had signed him yesterday

Mainoldo

I dont think its necessary to debate whether Man Utd is a bigger club then ajax. Obviously a player rather plays there: PL, salary, exposure etc.

However, I dont think Man Utd can beat Ajax at the moment. Not saying Ajax will beat them easily or anything like that but I fancy our changes. In a best of 7 I'd put my money on Ajax

In that EL final you beat us Mourinho style. Better tactic, more clinical etc. but since then Ajax has improved massively. I doubt any of the players on the pitch back then would play now
We are bigger than Ajax. I don’t think it’s debatable..

Ajax are a great club though. Respect to them.

fallengt

Ajax is a historic football club.
:lol: while what you said is true but just cut the crap. Ajax want more money, they want to rinse United while the club is down. Just like every opportunist does.
If Ajax didn't want to sell they would just put 1bil price tag on him like Madrid did with Vini Jr.

El Presidente

:lol: Just the cut the crap. Ajax want more money, they want to rinse United while the club is down. Just like every opportunist does.
If Ajax didn't want to sell they would just put 1bil price tag on him like Madrid did with Vini Jr.
That's called a release clause and they're mandatory in Spain, but not in Holland.

Newtonius

This sort of arrogance runs through the club and its so misguided. He's at a club that are playing in a competition that we weren't good enough to qualify for. Have a bit of humility ffs
Come on the competition in the Eredevisie is a joke compared to the EPL even this United team would walk it in their place.

Edit: Its not their fault but its still a fact, its hard as feck to get CL here now everybody has money and everybody has good players.

Last edited:

TsuWave

:lol: while what you said is true but just cut the crap.
if what I said is true then what crap is there for me to cut?

Ajax are a historic club. Whether they want more money or not was not the point of my posts. Yes, we want the player, that doesn’t mean “Ajax should be grateful for us” or that they’re “just a sellers club”. It’s disrespectful to say so or to act like we have a God given right to get every player we want. Those were my points of contention with the person I was in an exchange with.

Their position is that they don’t want to sell the player, our position is to convince them otherwise with better offers. That’s all there is to it. There’s no need for United fans to act like disrespectful dickheads.

TheReligion

Abusive

Ajax are a great club but United are far bigger. Let’s not be silly. There’s no debate.

Strelok

You guys need him. Can see an improved offer coming in.
No we don't really need him we need a fecking proper #9 who is not injury prone. With all due respect Antony hasn't done anything yet to prove he's better than Sancho. What Sancho did today?

Remad7

33 minutes since the last post? Come on you muppets! Where are youuu?!

fallengt

That's called a release clause and they're mandatory in Spain, but not in Holland.
And? What stopped them from putting 300m price tag? It'd send a clearer message to buying clubs out there. Why stopped at 100m?

"Don't want to sell" my ass.

croadyman

No we don't really need him we need a fecking proper #9 who is not injury prone. With all due respect Antony hasn't done anything yet to prove he's better than Sancho. What Sancho did today?
Osmihen/Dembele/Aubameyang?

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
1990s called and asked for you back. You don’t “need” a striker to compete. We need quality forwards and Antony is very good quality.

gaffs

You don't think de Ligt or Frenkie de Jong would get into the Ajax team today? :confused:

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
They can because they know Antony has the World Cup coming up. They know he won’t continue to miss matches once the window closes because he really wants to make the NT squad.

They have previous for rejecting a record bid and then selling for less — see David Neres

ETH86

Supports
Ajax
They can because they know Antony has the World Cup coming up. They know he won’t continue to miss matches once the window closes because he really wants to make the NT squad.

They have previous for rejecting a record bid and then selling for less — see David Neres
Exactly this. It's not bluff. Our aim is to keep him for 1 more season and sell next year. Will he be worth less? Absolutely. Do we give a feck? Absolutely not. Don't fool yourself thinking Ajax is now screwed. Antony will be sad for a week, and be great again to go to the world cup and earn his transfer next year. I'm amazed how people think we still live in an era where Amad would be good enough for Ajax to replace Antony.

ETH86

Supports
Ajax

Comparing Neres To Antony is odd. Neres was defitnely not our best player like Antony is now. Two completely different situations, only similarities is that they are both Brazilian. A Chinese club was weird enough to offer 40 million for some reason which didn't make sense at that time

Scholsey2004

Its widely accepted that spending £80m on Maguire was a mistake. He's not even in the first 11 now. We've already offered more money for Antony than we spent on Sancho who was proven at a higher level than Antony. Its gone beyond any kind of reasonable price already.

captaincantona

I get what you’re saying about Sancho…Antony is not at his level…but brings a different threat. Sancho is not impressing because there is no one for him to link with bar maybe Bruno. He is like a different player with Martial. If he had a top striker actually making runs for him and a full back he learned to play with we would see a different player.

it’s balance in the team I suppose and Antony would give us something we don’t have. I would prefer a proper striker but not many of those out there either.

OrcaFat

I think your money would be highly at risk. In a best of 7 I think Utd wins.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
We need this so badly. I am praying that the Liverpool win and the grind to hold on today won’t convince the board to just trust Rashford and Martial once again. We need two proper attackers in the next few days.

We need to back ETH and give him a proper chance. Having to play Rashford/Elanga today is a serious handicap.

Status
Not open for further replies.