Antony | Here we go! €100mill, contract until June 2027, option 'til 2028.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daslogisch

Supports
Ajax
£40m :lol:

Rubbish story this. In my opinion you won't get Antony because you can't afford him. Not when your budget is £120m and you're spending (at least) half on Frenkie de Jong.

Redcy

Rubbish story this. In my opinion you won't get Antony because you can't afford him. Not when your budget is £120m and you're spending (at least) half on Frenkie de Jong.
we don’t know the budget, it’s football manager

Redcy

Greenwood is never playing for us again. Assuming he gets off on some technicality with the evidence we know of alone he isn’t making a come back. My brother asked rangnick Outside the ground and, for what it is worth , he said “no never, he is dead to the club”. Of course corporate greed is always there so who knows

Carl

has permanently erect nipples

Who do you support?

Idxomer

His market value on transfermarket is £31m, Ajax should be more than happy with £40m.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Timber staying an extra year makes sense. However, Antony is now a regular for Brazil, starred in the CL and is the key Ajax player in attack as shown by their dip when he got injured - at 22 there’s no way he should be playing in the Dutch league next year - it’s time for him to move on and I suspect him and his entourage will be pushing for just that.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020

You are guessing our budget for a start and you are also guessing how much Antony is valued at

BarstoolProphet

Thing is, he doesn't have the stats to justify a significantly higher sum. He's an entertaining player to watch, but that doesn't mean he's worth upwards of £50m.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Greenwood is never playing for us again. Assuming he gets off on some technicality with the evidence we know of alone he isn’t making a come back. My brother asked rangnick Outside the ground and, for what it is worth , he said “no never, he is dead to the club”. Of course corporate greed is always there so who knows
All due respect, I find it very hard to believe that Rangnick would say this to a random supporter

Kramer

Is no one else concerned that Ajax won’t let so many players go?

Already sold 2 to Bayern.

We’re after Martinez and Antony now.

And Dortmund is after Haller.

Will they really be open to selling half their 1st team? Are they really that cash strapped?

Wonder what the resident Ajax supporters make of the situation.

Long Time Red

I know Ten Hag has worked with him but he is better than Raphinha who seems to be available for a similar price?

Aeryis

I feel like it's probably better to be buying players that Ten Haag wants anyway as we should be emulating his style of play for the future. If he fails then at least we'll have players that are suited to a more proactive style. Better buying for him than someone like Mourinho or Ole.
Plus we are plugging holes with these buys. We shouldn't expect to challenge next season however we'll finally have an RW. If Antony doesn't prove to be good enough we could always reinforce with a more quality player when the squad's more complete down the line.

Terranova

Supports
United/Ajax
Thing is, he doesn't have the stats to justify a significantly higher sum. He's an entertaining player to watch, but that doesn't mean he's worth upwards of £50m.
Thing is Ajax doesn't have to or want to sell, so the price doesn't have to be justified, they can ask 80m if they want and if some club is crazy enough to pay it, they'll be happy anyway

stevoc

All due respect, I find it very hard to believe that Rangnick would say this to a random supporter
I don't believe Rangnick said that either, not because I don't think Ralf wouldn't divulge his opinion on an internal club issue just that I suspect he would have went on a 5-10 minute waffle about it instead of one sentence.

pascell

And......
And you're hanging your hopes on two kids who couldn't break into the teams they were loaned to. You know Pellistri played 90 minutes in total since December right? And you're referencing him compared to Antony who the manager knows will perform for him in his system.

Mainoldo

Thing is Ajax doesn't have to or want to sell, so the price doesn't have to be justified, they can ask 80m if they want and if some club is crazy enough to pay it, they'll be happy anyway
They don’t have to sell most of their players but the all go for reasonable prices. I mean they’ve sold 1 already bare in mind his contract was up but that was like £20m. Haller is reportedly going for around €30m but you want to believe they will sell Antony for north of £50m for no reason what so ever. Is he the best right winger in Europe now? :lol:

Explain your logic? Timber and Martinez are also reported around €30-40m

Mainoldo

Stop making up childish lies.

:lol: :lol:

Bondi77

If you’re gonna generalize from right forward to any wide player, why stop at that? Why not go for outfield player? It would be amazing if we sign an outfield player with the amount of outfield players we have at the club. People have been talking about Phil Jones for CM for ages anyway ;)
I am not generalising am I????
Wide forward -Winger!
Is that clear enough for you?

Terranova

Supports
United/Ajax
They don’t have to sell most of their players but the all go for reasonable prices. I mean they’ve sold 1 already bare in mind his contract was up but that was like £20m. Haller is reportedly going for around €30m but you want to believe they will sell Antony for north of £50m for no reason what so ever. Is he the best right winger in Europe now? :lol:

Explain your logic? Timber and Martinez are also reported around €30-40m
Explain your entitlement? Martinez reported around 40m and that offer was rejected. Haller isn't that good anyway, so Ajax is happy to sell for a fee somewhere around €40m. You can't seriously think that Ajax will sell Antony for a reasonable price just because United comes around. Most rumours you read is by English media, who seemingly have the same entitlement.

BarstoolProphet

That is true but all I'm saying is that I doubt he will go for that much if he's to be sold. Ajax also have a history of selling even if they don't need to (cash wise). What I meant is that he just don't have that elite stats to back up a value of over £50m (unlike Sancho for example) but Ajax can of course decline all offers regardless.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
This is the definition of Custis and the Sun. You don't need to be a 'tier man' just Google the Sun and truth and you'll see.

I'm not denying interest just that he doesn't know his arse from his elbow
Perhaps, I find it hard to believe. Poor sources, sources with agendas even, but too ridiculous a theory in my opinion to conclude that actual journos that get to question our manager twice a week for years are simply writers of sports fiction. So Custis’ typical day consists of him just playing golf with his mates and going to the cinema, then making up a story before his 11pm deadline? Find it hard to believe that it does not largely consist of football interactions with players, club officials and agents etc.

Lowkey

dam. i feel sorry for Ajax. They wont have a team to play with next season if the tabloids are true

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Its Jacob Leeks from the Mirror and Neil Custis from the Sun. If they were correct Id expect to see at least one of Times, Telegraph, Athletic over it by now.

In the same article they punt on the number of signings overall too:

Antony will be the first of what Ten Hag hopes will be five new additions to his squad as he battles to turn around their poor form.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I like how Ajax want 50+ million for this little twat, but think 25 million is too much for Bergwijn. Antony scored like 8 goals in the Dutch league. Afonso Alves managed that in 1 game.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
dam. i feel sorry for Ajax. They wont have a team to play with next season if the tabloids are true
They'll probably come out well if they play their cards right. There's seemingly a few good players at other teams in Eredivisie that they could target to replace these players and they could well be the next big thing. Plus they'll make some good money on top.

Status
Not open for further replies.