Antony | Here we go! €100mill, contract until June 2027, option 'til 2028.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
I like how Ajax want 50+ million for this little twat, but think 25 million is too much for Bergwijn. Antony scored like 8 goals in the Dutch league. Afonso Alves managed that in 1 game.
Signing Bergwijn would be a sign that Antony is off do you think? SB plays primarily on the RW doesn't he? He hes when I've seen him for Spurs and Netherlands.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Is no one else concerned that Ajax won’t let so many players go?

Already sold 2 to Bayern.

We’re after Martinez and Antony now.

And Dortmund is after Haller.

Will they really be open to selling half their 1st team? Are they really that cash strapped?

Wonder what the resident Ajax supporters make of the situation.
They're not cash strapped, it's just their footballing model to let players go if the time and the offers are right. Mazraoui left on a free, not much they could do there. Gravenberch had a year left on his contract and will probably be replaced by Kenneth Taylor, another youth player who looks very talented and will probably next on the production line. If Haller leaves, Brobbey is probably staying so they'll be okay there. I think they're very hot on signing Bergwijn, so he will mitigate an Antony loss.

Terranova

Supports
United/Ajax
That is true but all I'm saying is that I doubt he will go for that much if he's to be sold. Ajax also have a history of selling even if they don't need to (cash wise). What I meant is that he just don't have that elite stats to back up a value of over £50m (unlike Sancho for example) but Ajax can of course decline all offers regardless.
Ajax is a very reasonable club for players who done a lot for the club. They usually promise players they won't stand in their way next season if they can keep them for another year. That's why the VDB, Ziyech or even way back the Eriksen transfers went smoothly. For the same reason Tagliafico can go for like €4m this summer. They might promise Antony a similar deal this summer which means next summer the 40/50m price might be reasonable(unless he really starts shining this year).

Trex

Explain your entitlement? Martinez reported around 40m and that offer was rejected. Haller isn't that good anyway, so Ajax is happy to sell for a fee somewhere around €40m. You can't seriously think that Ajax will sell Antony for a reasonable price just because United comes around. Most rumours you read is by English media, who seemingly have the same entitlement.
Ajax do deals at reasonable prices though, even players like De Jong and DA ligt who were considered as future best in their position went for relatively reasonable fees.
Antony doesn't have that pedigree so 50m Euros would be a very good deal for Ajax. They could purchase a replacement with half that fee.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Signing Bergwijn would be a sign that Antony is off do you think? SB plays primarily on the RW doesn't he? He hes when I've seen him for Spurs and Netherlands.
Yeah I'd imagine so. Would be a great piece of business too. Bergwijn is much better.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Yeah I'd imagine so. Would be a great piece of business too. Bergwijn is much better.
I rate Bergwijn and wouldn't have said no to us going for him, but Antony looks like he has a huge upside. One thing I like about him is his confidence, something we need in our team more than ever. When things are going tough we lack a spark to drag us through a game, I'm hoping he could be that for us. Plus the entertainment value is severely lacking these days at OT, something that again I feel he will help with.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I rate Bergwijn and wouldn't have said no to us going for him, but Antony looks like he has a huge upside. One thing I like about him is his confidence, something we need in our team more than ever. When things are going tough we lack a spark to drag us through a game, I'm hoping he could be that for us. Plus the entertainment value is severely lacking these days at OT, something that again I feel he will help with.
Antony is probably better than I give him credit for, since I think he's a massive cheating cnut. He does have flair though.

Mainoldo

Explain your entitlement? Martinez reported around 40m and that offer was rejected. Haller isn't that good anyway, so Ajax is happy to sell for a fee somewhere around €40m. You can't seriously think that Ajax will sell Antony for a reasonable price just because United comes around. Most rumours you read is by English media, who seemingly have the same entitlement.
There’s no entitlement, your the only one being personal. This stacks up with any club not just United. He’s not worth more than what is being offered just based on his credentials.

£40m for Martinez being rejected? Where is the evidence of this? Or you mixing up that £ and € sign again. Maybe figure out that first before you continue your stupid claims about how much you believe these players are worth, which is ridiculous :lol:

I mean they will replace him with Bergwijn who has better credentials than him right now for around €30m.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
They're not cash strapped, it's just their footballing model to let players go if the time and the offers are right. Mazraoui left on a free, not much they could do there. Gravenberch had a year left on his contract and will probably be replaced by Kenneth Taylor, another youth player who looks very talented and will probably next on the production line. If Haller leaves, Brobbey is probably staying so they'll be okay there. I think they're very hot on signing Bergwijn, so he will mitigate an Antony loss.
Ajax have to sell (on average) 50 million euro worth of players annually to break even. (Overmars' own words).

Theyre just not cash strapped in the sense they have to sell right now, to survive because they have a buffer.

Most of the time it's irrelevant anyway, because there's competition to sign their players.

EtH

Ajax are already on the verge of bringing in half a team early in this window so they are obviously preparing for another exodus.

Terranova

Supports
United/Ajax
There’s no entitlement, your the only one being personal. This stacks up with any club not just United. He’s not worth more than what is being offered just based on his credentials.

£40m for Martinez being rejected? Where is the evidence of this? Or you mixing up that £ and € sign again. Maybe figure out that first before you continue your stupid claims about how much you believe these players are worth, which is ridiculous :lol:

I mean they will replace him with Bergwijn who has better credentials than him right now for around €30m.
You're the one mixing up the £ and € sign. You said Martinez and Timber around 30-40 in €. Around the same amount Ajax rejected an offer, confirmed by the only 2 Tier 1s Ajax has. Who are rather reliable.
Bergwijn was already a target last winter, so that's not an Antony replacement. You might actually want to check your facts before posting here

tidraKS

Even if you didn’t believe that Ralph said that, logic will tell you that it’s right anyway. Greenwood is done at United
He's not done if he'll not be found guilty. There have been charges for footballers before him, and when they've been cleared, they continued playing and working. Giggs had a charge for 2 years now, and til today he didn't resign. Mason's so young to be done, so if he's found innocent, I would love to have him back.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Would be happy with this purchase - competition is always good especially on that side.

CM has to be the priority though.

BarstoolProphet

He's not done if he'll not be found guilty. There have been charges for footballers before him, and when they've been cleared, they continued playing and working. Giggs had a charge for 2 years now, and til today he didn't resign. Mason's so young to be done, so if he's found innocent, I would love to have him back.
Part of the seemingly strong evidence (audio) is already in public which means by the court of the public opinion he has already been convicted, which probably will weigh heavily for the club's decision (pressure from fans and sponsors also) unlike the other cases involving footballers. Also Giggs was still suspended and never returned to the fold so weird example.

OmarUnited4ever

even players like De Jong and DA ligt who were considered as future best in their position went for relatively reasonable fees
Barca and Juve paid top dollar to get them, they were very expensive, not reasonable fees at all.

Daslogisch

Supports
Ajax
Thing is, he doesn't have the stats to justify a significantly higher sum. He's an entertaining player to watch, but that doesn't mean he's worth upwards of £50m.
£50m may be a fair value now, but Ajax don't have to sell and know his value can increase significantly in the next 12 months. Therefore Ajax has no reason to sell for a 'fair' value now. Ajax can ask a ridiculous price and if that's not paid it's all good. Ajax prefers him to stay anyway.

macheda14

Very often being found not guilty =/= innocent in cases like this.

Anyway again, I do ask the mods can we forum wide ban any chat of the case apart from the update thread. It often comes up and derails threads.

Redcy

Even if you didn’t believe that Ralph said that, logic will tell you that it’s right anyway. Greenwood is done at United
Believe me or not. I don't know, my brother is one of those annoying gits who goes and gets loads of autographs from the ground after games. I can only tell you what he said to me. Why would Rangnick say it? I dunno, I don't know the guy really, I am assuming my brother is telling the truth even if the wording isnt exactly what Ralf said.

Mainoldo

You're the one mixing up the £ and € sign. You said Martinez and Timber around 30-40 in €. Around the same amount Ajax rejected an offer, confirmed by the only 2 Tier 1s Ajax has. Who are rather reliable.
Bergwijn was already a target last winter, so that's not an Antony replacement. You might actually want to check your facts before posting here
Bring up the tier confirmation of them rejecting €40m for Martinez and I will apologies to you.

When they tried to get Bergwijn doesn’t make a difference to the fact he will replace Antony if sold.

But I’ll wait for the confirmation so I can apologise.

Mainoldo

£50m may be a fair value now, but Ajax don't have to sell and know his value can increase significantly in the next 12 months. Therefore Ajax has no reason to sell for a 'fair' value now. Ajax can ask a ridiculous price and if that's not paid it's all good. Ajax prefers him to stay anyway.
Yeah like with David Neres. How much did they sell him for? I’m sure they will take into account it’s a brand new season with a new manager and his contract next year will be a year shorter.

I doubt his value will increase but he could have an amazing World Cup and then you’d see his stock rise.

mewnew11

Ajax have already sold two players to Bayern.

Best Business would be to buy Antony and martinez and loan them Amad and Mengi.

BarstoolProphet

Again - why would Ajax, a top club themselves, agree to develop our players for free? There's literally no upside for Ajax here unless there's a low obligation to buy clause.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I don’t want to derail this thread so I’ll just say this, Giggs is being charged with assault.
Greenwood is facing charges of Rape, assault and threats to kill. He’s in a world of trouble. You cannot compare them at all.

onemanarmy

Mazraoui ran down his contract, Gravenberch had only 1 year left on his contract. Completely different situation than Antony, Timber, Martinez etc.

BarstoolProphet

Is even £50m a fair value for Antony? Granted he was good in CL but his numbers from Eredevisie is not very impressive. There's obviously more to a player than just stats, but for me he's an entertaining but inconsistent player (based on said stats, haven't seen him in the Dutch league bar highlights). It might be a lazy comparison but David Neres ended up losing his place and was sold to Ukraine for €15m, just a couple of seasons after he was linked with top clubs (including United) for the same amount as mentioned for Antony.

Mainoldo

Is even £50m a fair value for Antony? Granted he was good in CL but his numbers from Eredevisie is not very impressive. There's obviously more to a player than just stats, but for me he's an entertaining but inconsistent player (based on said stats, haven't seen him in the Dutch league bar highlights). It might be a lazy comparison but David Neres ended up losing his place and was sold to Ukraine for €15m, just a couple of seasons after he was linked with top clubs (including United) for the same amount as mentioned for Antony.
That’s why he won’t go for the stupid fee’s many believe he will especially if our new approach to transfers are true. Would be a dumb as buying Pepe for £70m.

The numbers don’t add up. He’s not a teen sensation and he’s not got highly productive numbers like say a Bruno Fernandes.

If they don’t want to sell at any cost then fair enough he just stays where he’s at for another season. But then they have to hope his stats remains the same or elevates. It’s still a risk for them.

UnitedFire

I've never watched a whole match of him before, but this 2 minute Twitter highlights has me convinced he'll be the best thing since sliced bread.

Composure, high skill mix used effectively as well as for flair, outstanding shot. A proper Brazilian and we've not really had one of those.

Everything that was bad in a Fred 2 minute highlights video came to fruition and I'm not seeing that with Antony.

My elite scouting suggests this is a W!

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan

I've never watched a whole match of him before, but this 2 minute Twitter highlights has me convinced he'll be the best thing since sliced bread.

Composure, high skill mix used effectively as well as for flair, outstanding shot. A proper Brazilian and we've not really had one of those.

Everything that was bad in a Fred 2 minute highlights video came to fruition and I'm not seeing that with Antony.

My elite scouting suggests this is a W!
Stop watching highlight vids! Watch all touches in a game compilations.
I think he's alright, but I'm worried he's just going to be a Depay, who I never rated.

Status
Not open for further replies.