Antony | Here we go! €100mill, contract until June 2027, option 'til 2028.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trex

If Amad goes on loan then we'll be left with only Sancho who is comfortable on the right hand side and as ETH indicated in his presser, there are more options on the left hand side and he wants balance.

It may not be Antony given the price but get the impression that getting someone else that can play on the right will be important as you don't want to be reliant on Sancho being fit and in form all the time for that position. Another option for the right also means Sancho can play on the left if needed too.
He also spoke about potential, one of the lures of getting a manager like ETH is that he works with potential and help them realize their talent, De Jong, De Ligt, Timber, Antony, Mazroui are among a few he made better footballers so I wouldn't rule out Pellistri and Amad just yet.

Woziak

dybala isn’t free, he comes with a big sign on fee and massive wages, isn’t all that good and can’t play wide.
Dybala is asking for €6m net euros per season and he’s a massive upgrade on Juan mata who has left the squad. He’s 28, Good in tight areas, can play as a wide playmaker, false 9 and number 10. We are paying a signing on fee for a 30 year old C Ericsen. Look at dybala stats to Eriksen in Serie A tgen say he isn’t All that.

Here’s a question with our threadbare options up front and with.a new season introducing 9 named subs of which you can use 5 in 4 separate occasions does he represent a better opportunity than what we currently possess to open up teams who play a low block.

In other words is he better than an inexperienced Ellanga, F Pellistri or Amad Dialo to change a game. More importantly does the 180k we were paying per week for a 34 year old Juan Mata transferring to a 28 year old Dybala represent a risk worth taking.

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

I think that Martinez, Eriksen and hopefully de Jong will be it for this window. Not enough in my opinion as I would have wanted at least another midfielder and a winger/forward, but this does not seem realistic.
Only in case Ronaldo leaves that might change.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
After seeing how Ajax was tough with Lisandro, i don't see that this will happen. If Lusandro is 50 mil then they will not let Antony bellow 80. Which is far away from what we want/can pay.
And tbh, i want him but 80 mil seems too much for him.

Lemon Moon

Dybala is asking for €6m net euros per season and he’s a massive upgrade on Juan mata who has left the squad. He’s 28, Good in tight areas, can play as a wide playmaker, false 9 and number 10. We are paying a signing on fee for a 30 year old C Ericsen. Look at dybala stats to Eriksen in Serie A tgen say he isn’t All that.

Here’s a question with our threadbare options up front and with.a new season introducing 9 named subs of which you can use 5 in 4 separate occasions does he represent a better opportunity than what we currently possess to open up teams who play a low block.

In other words is he better than an inexperienced Ellanga, F Pellistri or Amad Dialo to change a game. More importantly does the 180k we were paying per week for a 34 year old Juan Mata transferring to a 28 year old Dybala represent a risk worth taking.
His injury record isn't great, especially in recent seasons. That will only get worse with the physicality of the Premier league. I honestly don't think Dybala himself would fancy this league, not one bit.

crossy1686

career ending
I think of all our linked players, this is the one that’s least likely to happen. He’s not worth the money Ajax are asking for for a start, and we’d be better off going for a RB instead of another winger or false 9, whatever he is.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
I think of all our linked players, this is the one that’s least likely to happen. He’s not worth the money Ajax are asking for for a start, and we’d be better off going for a RB instead of another winger or false 9, whatever he is.
We have 2 RBs and 0 actual RWs. All of our wingers prefer the left and play better on the left. I think we'll play inverted wingers to bring goals, rather than trying to supply one CF from out wide.

Woziak

His injury record isn't great, especially in recent seasons. That will only get worse with the physicality of the Premier league. I honestly don't think Dybala himself would fancy this league, not one bit.
Impact Sun on 190k per week sounds ok to me when spurs sign him and he’s scoring goals we’ll see we should have done that !

Pronewbie

Peep

Woziak

Volksie316

If Martinez, De Jong and Eriksen are us finished for the window, then no wonder Cristiano want's out.

Absolutely zero ambition from the club whatsoever.

You would think, we just won the title last season, and hardly need to improve.

JanK

Supports
Napoli
I'd like to see us go for Ziyech instead, as now Sterling has moved to Chelsea. Cheaper, still an Ajax prospect and knows ETH. And knows PL too.

Erik the Red

I think Pellistri is worth a go in the squad now but consider this. Ronaldo leaves we have Sancho injured in first game and we are playing Liverpool game 3 in PL.

We start with D De Gea, D Dalot, R Varane, H Maguire, L Shaw, * L Martinez, *FDJ, Elanga, Martial, Rashford
Subs (9), T Heaton, T Malacia, E Baily , V Lindelof, Fred, Mctominay,* C Eriksen Pellistri, A Garnaucho

Liverpool start with Alison, TAA, VVD, Konate, A Robertson, Fabinho, Tiago, Henderson, Salah, Nunez, Diaz
Subs(9) Adrian, Matip, J Gomez, J Milner, N Keita, D Jota, Firminho, F carvalho, H Elliot

We go 1-0 down whose going to come off the bench and change the game our squad is unbalanced and does not have enough attacking options compared to the previous two seasons, No Pogba, No Cavani, No Greenwood, No Mata, No Lingard whatever we thought of these players they represented infinitely better options than what we currently have and more importantly this season with the five sub rule, teams like City will have any 4 from 5 like Gundogan, Grealish, Alvarez, L delap to come off the bench and break the PL goal scoring record after starting with B Silva, KDB, Mahrez, Haland snd Fodden most games. What’s sad is Pep, Conte, Tuchal and Klopp are still looking to sign attacking players.
Did you not watch the game against Liverpool?? We stuffed them 4-0!!! Why the pessimism? We have Ten Hag, who will mastermind another masterclass, even if he has to use the youngsters.

Woziak

Did you not watch the game against Liverpool?? We stuffed them 4-0!!! Why the pessimism? We have Ten Hag, who will mastermind another masterclass, even if he has to use the youngsters.
Loved that, Love the Manager but we need reinforcements up top not a spoilt Ronaldo damaging the good work ETH is doing, we need at least one striker coming in for obvious reasons and maybe another to offer us a slightly more physical option from the bench or do you think we can throw on 5’6 Amad as a no 9 with 10 mins to go to win or rescue a match ?

Rockets Redglare

If Martinez, De Jong and Eriksen are us finished for the window, then no wonder Cristiano want's out.

So who would you like the club to buy?

tidraKS

We will get a striker or a winger, I hope it will be Antony because I like the player, but Erik already said that we're interested in midfielders and attackers, so we will get one.

kirk buttercup

I think they'll all be good signings tbh

roseguy64

He’s 22, pacey, Tricky, familiar with ETH methods but well overpriced, so is L Martinez, we should be paying £85M (35+50)max for both. I don’t condone wasteful spending but it’s not my money or yours and who ever the next owner of United is, Hopefully very soon will have to pay off £500M debt.

I’m staggered that our Director of Football can not explain to Edwin and Ajax DOF that we would like both players, 35+10 For LM and 50+15 for Antony. We think this reflect a fair price in a market which as seen Raheem Sterling(26) , a more experienced and more proven player who has scored 15/20 in the PL for the last 5 seasons go for under £50M, why do you think Antony is worth more than a genuine Top 20 elite player in world Football when Antony has yet to prove himself in the PL. Let’s face it we just can’t negotiate in the transfer market, it’s like we have to win the race by throwing money at it in fees or wages, and that worked out so well in Alexis Sanchez, Pogba and Maguire case, One day we will learn. I just see L Martinez as a complete waste of Money but using that money for Antony plus £15M as a good investment for a 22 year old.
Yeah why don't Ajax just sell us their players. Tsk tsk on them.

Mainoldo

We would probably have to fetch around £30m in outgoings to make this happen

croadyman

I think that Martinez, Eriksen and hopefully de Jong will be it for this window. Not enough in my opinion as I would have wanted at least another midfielder and a winger/forward, but this does not seem realistic.
Only in case Ronaldo leaves that might change.
Still think we could get something on the right

mikeyt

I think he'll prove too expensive given our outlay so far (assuming FDJ and Martinez sign) is around £120million (140 million euros). But I do see us signing an attacker of some form. We've got £10million from Andreas and we may get something out of Tuanzebe / Jones, possibly a couple loan fees too. Unless the Glazers are going to dig deep and actually get us this lad.

croadyman

I think he'll prove too expensive given our outlay so far (assuming FDJ and Martinez sign) is around £120million (140 million euros). But I do see us signing an attacker of some form. We've got £10million from Andreas and we may get something out of Tuanzebe / Jones, possibly a couple loan fees too. Unless the Glazers are going to dig deep and actually get us this lad.
Yeah see us getting something in attack whether that's backup ST or left footed RW

ilrm

Supports
Real Madrid
an play as a wide playmaker
Absolutely not ... he hates it there and doesn't have the stamina for more than 60 minutes a game ... he is very light in the tackle and I doubt if he will be able to stand up to PL defenders shoving him around (Serie A has changed - they don't have defenders like they used to).
Why are United buying a falling asset? I'd rather pick another player from Ajax than pick Dybala.

zenith

Exactly my thoughts

This one is very unlikely and that might not be a bad thing. 80 million is a lot of money for a relatively unknown commodity

MUnchies

Our fans have just given up on our players totally and want about 8 new signings. I know they played shit last season but why the rush to change everything so quick. Ten Hag wants to improve on what he has because he’s sees potential.

Ten Hag needs time and this is his first window so you guys need to chill a bit. He’s still accessing the squad and there still January transfer window to make new signings.

Whether Antony joins or not this window I won’t be fussed. I trust the manager

saik

I said this in the newbies, I'll say the same here. ETH's biggest task is to instill some fight and motivation into the players we already have. How he does that after 3 managers failed to do is something we have to see. In terms of ability, they are certainly good enough to achieve Top 4. Even under Rangnick we certainly had some decent to good performances until we got knocked out of Champions League. In that 2nd leg against Atletico we were very good in the first half but unfortunately couldn't convert any chances. As soon as they grabbed a goal we wimped out.

I would like Antony as well but he might not be coming in this season, certainly shouldn't be at the prices being quoted. People expecting 7 or 8 new signings are definitely going to be disappointed. There's not a chance it's going to happen in a single window no matter how desperate you think we are.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Our fans have just given up on our players totally and want about 8 new signings. I know they played shit last season but why the rush to change everything so quick. Ten Hag wants to improve on what he has because he’s sees potential.

Ten Hag needs time and this is his first window so you guys need to chill a bit. He’s still accessing the squad and there still January transfer window to make new signings.

I agree with this sentiment, although in the case of Antony - I am still keen as we simply lack numbers in the forward areas.

Pronewbie

Peep
This one isn't happening this window lads. Our problem is that our RW backup (Diallo) isn't all that. If we can't get a RW now hopefully the Jan window offers something interesting. Who knows what will happen post World Cup.

croadyman

We have 2 RBs and 0 actual RWs. All of our wingers prefer the left and play better on the left. I think we'll play inverted wingers to bring goals, rather than trying to supply one CF from out wide.
True but we do lack any real quality at RB, so it's a tricky one which I would choose out of the two

MUnchies

I agree with this sentiment, although in the case of Antony - I am still keen as we simply lack numbers in the forward areas.
Trust me I want him too but if the price is being ridiculous I don’t mind moving on and access the position in January. But at the meantime if not Sancho, Elanga, pellistri or Amad could step up. I’m just putting small faith in our players to step up.

croadyman

I think people are justified in being concerned about a virtually non existent right side and no backup striker so can rest Ronaldo (if he stays)

I am concerned about no proper CDM, however feels like Erik doesn't like playing with one so gotta trust his judgment

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Agree. I can't see us going back to Ajax for another £60m+ negotiation if the De Jong deal goes through. Would make more sense to go for a right back and a cheap option for RW if possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.