Antony | Here we go! €100mill, contract until June 2027, option 'til 2028.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daslogisch

Supports
Ajax
Not happening. Feel for the guy
Poor him. He'll be fine at Ajax securing his WC spot at Ajax, destroying his opponents in CL whilst Raphinha will be benched at Barcelona, barely getting game time with Dembele being around. Antony will be absolutely fine staying at Ajax and then make a big move next year.

ReallyUSA

Poor him. He'll be fine at Ajax securing his WC spot at Ajax, destroying his opponents in CL whilst Raphinha will be benched at Barcelona, barely getting game time with Dembele being around. Antony will be absolutely fine staying at Ajax and then make a big move next year.
Yeah but I imagined he had a vision of coming to OT, and doing that same things you said for a bigger club and paid a lot more for it. He can move next year, but the universe can be cruel man so who knows. Look at Fekir

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Should we use de Jong money to get him instead of a CM, neglect that position for until Jan ?
We cannot have Scott McTominay lining up for us in midfield. It’s to the point where I’d even hope our sponsors threatened to pull money if this joke continues. So no, we must sign De Jong over Antony.

moodyred

I feel the club's priority is to get the defence and central midfield right. Hence prioritising the transfers, we are securing these positions first. Antony at this point would be a luxury if we have a budget constraint. Otherwise, I would love to see him at the club.

croadyman

We cannot have Scott McTominay lining up for us in midfield. It’s to the point where I’d even hope our sponsors threatened to pull money if this joke continues. So no, we must sign De Jong over Antony.
Yeah totally agree

croadyman

I feel the club's priority is to get the defence and central midfield right. Hence prioritising the transfers, we are securing these positions first. Antony at this point would be a luxury if we have a budget constraint. Otherwise, I would love to see him at the club.
Reckon you are bang on, just a shame our top target in midfield seemingly isn't keen to leave

NoPace

Looking at how we've set up so far, I can see why Ten Hag is eager to get him in. The fullbacks coming inside opens up the ball from the CB out to the winger who drops deep and hugs the touchline, and they have a lot of space to take on their marker and create, and only Sancho is really up to that, though from the Uruguay games it does look like Pellistri is decent at it too.

--------------------#9--------------------------
------------Bruno-------#8------------------
LW-----LB------#6----------RB-------RW
-------------LCB------RCB-------------------

Seems to be how it looks in possession.

------------------------Cristiano---------------------------
----------------Bruno--------Eriksen--------------------
Sancho--Shaw--DeJong----Dalot-------Antony
---------------Lisandro---Maguire--------------------

Looks unbalanced but at the minute my guess is that's the first choice team early in the season.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Looking at how we've set up so far, I can see why Ten Hag is eager to get him in. The fullbacks coming inside opens up the ball from the CB out to the winger who drops deep and hugs the touchline, and they have a lot of space to take on their marker and create, and only Sancho is really up to that, though from the Uruguay games it does look like Pellistri is decent at it too.

--------------------#9--------------------------
------------Bruno-------#8------------------
LW-----LB------#6----------RB-------RW
-------------LCB------RCB-------------------

Seems to be how it looks in possession.

------------------------Cristiano---------------------------
----------------Bruno--------Eriksen--------------------
Sancho--Shaw--DeJong----Dalot-------Antony
---------------Lisandro---Maguire--------------------

Looks unbalanced but at the minute my guess is that's the first choice team early in the season.
Maguire in front of Varane? :lol: .

kdmaka

De Jong saga is too taxing for me emotionally, He has a cliff here to be successful now if we do manage to sign him , he needs to be like the next Cruyff .

croadyman

Interesting development.. We need a squad player on the right... Elanga needs to go out on loan. I don't think he, Pellestri and Chong are going to make it here.
Surely Antony would be starter not squad player or have I totally misinterpreted your point

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Very interesting development.

Interesting development.. We need a squad player on the right... Elanga needs to go out on loan. I don't think he, Pellestri and Chong are going to make it here.
I think Elanga has established himself last season that he’s a first-teamer for us. Only way he leaves is if he gets sold, which I can’t see at this stage. I think he can be a decent squad player for us.

I agree that probably two of Diallo, Pellestri and Chong need to head off to a loan

Terranova

Supports
United/Ajax

Looks like he is also RW.
He is an eventual replacement for Antony, not an immediate replacement. At least that is what the Ajax Tier 1s said. But Ajax is also signing Brobbey again, so they are getting a bit top heavy.

Pronewbie

Peep
Surely Antony would be starter not squad player or have I totally misinterpreted your point
Antony won't be a nailed on starter imo. He's much to prove before supplanting one of Sancho and Rashford on a regular basis. Competition is always good though, and he'll be a reference point when it comes to familiarity with Ten Hag's training expectations and system, which is also good for the rest of the team. There'll be enough games to go around.

FYI I'm one of the few who doesn't rate Greenwood when played on the right so I consider Antony an upgrade from that perspective.

croadyman

He is an eventual replacement for Antony, not an immediate replacement. At least that is what the Ajax Tier 1s said. But Ajax is also signing Brobbey again, so they are getting a bit top heavy.
So in other words come back next window, however more likely to be summer 2023

Pronewbie

Peep
Thanks. I suspect that Ajax would want to bed him in for a season but he already looks like a sensational player.

What are the odds of Antony leaving this window?

croadyman

Thanks. I suspect that Ajax would want to bed him in for a season but he already looks like a sensational player.

Highly unlikely with Mazraoui, Gravenberch, Haller & Martinez already sold

Terranova

Supports
United/Ajax

depends on who's bidding. If any club wants to asking price, i'd say the chance is near 100%. But i don't think Ajax will lower the asking price.

Highly unlikely with Mazraoui, Gravenberch, Haller & Martinez already sold
Those have nothing to do with Antony. Mazraoui and Gravenberch are already replaced with academy players, Haller wasn't good enough and Brobbey will replace him. The only one that needs to be replaced is Martinez

Daslogisch

Supports
Ajax
Starting to get the feeling you'll end up with Antony in the end of the window. If we sign Brobbey and Conceicao we really have a lot of attackers.

After you've sold Ronaldo I can see United having the financial space to sign Antony. Bergwijn was never a replacement for Antony, but Conceicao is and Ihattaren has been doing well in pre-season as well. At this point I do feel Ajax is preparing that a deal might happen at the end of the window.

croadyman

Starting to get the feeling you'll end up with Antony in the end of the window. If we sign Brobbey and Conceicao we really have a lot of attackers.

After you've sold Ronaldo I can see United having the financial space to sign Antony. Bergwijn was never a replacement for Antony, but Conceicao is and Ihattaren has been doing well in pre-season as well. At this point I do feel Ajax is preparing that a deal might happen at the end of the window.
Can't see anyone putting up money for Ronaldo so wouldn't worry about it

Pronewbie

Peep
depends on who's bidding. If any club wants to asking price, i'd say the chance is near 100%. But i don't think Ajax will lower the asking price.

Those have nothing to do with Antony. Mazraoui and Gravenberch are already replaced with academy players, Haller wasn't good enough and Brobbey will replace him. The only one that needs to be replaced is Martinez
Thanks. I hope we do not go close to the EUR80M that I've seen bandied about.

croadyman

I'm sensing a situation where we miss out on De Jong, sign Sangare, recoup a bit more cash with some outs, then use whatever is left on Antony.
Could happen, I am glad we are potentially pushing alternative targets. Might just mean the saga picks up again.

Terranova

Supports
United/Ajax
Have Ajax signed that lad already from Spurs? Steven Berwijn or something like that
They did, but he was never supposed to be the Antony replacement, he's the Neres replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.