Antony | Here we go! €100mill, contract until June 2027, option 'til 2028.

Status
Not open for further replies.

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
I really want this signing to happen, fingers crossed we negotiate their asking price to a decent amount that's fair for both parties.

Zed 101

One thing is for sure Ten Hag knows him, if Utd have pulled the trigger just a few days into training it is a reasonable assumption that the manager has identified he would be an improvement on what is here already having seen the players

SAF is the GOAT

Even 51m pounds is not realistic to a player that had 1 decent season in medium quality league and probably will come to the squad and start on bench

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Is he even an international? Ajax are generally a very fair club to deal with but their valuation is far too high. Which likely means they simply don't want to sell this summer, probably get him for half the price next year when another player comes through there.
Is it really that hard to research? yes he is, and he regularly plays ahead of £60m man Raphinha.

cyberman

£70m for any player only proven in the Dutch league is absolutely insane. Even £50m is stretching it.
To be fair 70m is the feck you price. Reports say Antony wants Ajax to negotiate so if he moves here it won’t be for much more than our bid

Cecc

There is no way we're paying £70M for a winger from the Eredivisie. That's just insane.
51mln is insane also!!! We are kings of overpaying. Seems like United never learn. Same with L. Martinez

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
£70m for any player only proven in the Dutch league is absolutely insane. Even £50m is stretching it.
Yeah, I agree, and I'd have loved for us to have signed him. Much prefer the look of him as a player to Raphinha, and those two were the main two options mooted for the spot - but the fee you lot paid for Richarlison, and the money Liverpool forked out for Nunez already looks very steep, and this is arguably a bigger gamble than either.

There must be better value elsewhere. He's not the only promising left footed attacker in world football.

Dazzmondo

I really don't like the move tbh. No point in pretending otherwise. The fee (which will be even higher than the £51m currently offered based on the report) makes it pretty much impossible for him to be considered a success. He's nowhere near the level Sancho was at when we signed him, and Sancho just had a pretty dreadful season. Antony's a talented dribbler and a hard worker, but still very rough around the edges in other areas. Needs to improve his end product, especially his finishing, majorly.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Is it really that hard to research? yes he is, and he regularly plays ahead of £60m man Raphinha.
Wikipedia only details half a paragraph about him coming off the bench against Venezuela, sorry for asking. Ajax's valuation is still far too high, in my opinion. If they're that confident in his value they should accept a Ballon d'Or clause to make up the price.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
I don't think he's worth the money Ajax are asking for him. Could we not revisit this next season when his contract is one year shorter?

Thisistheone

His potential would need to be exceptional for this to be good business. Ten Hag must fancy him to be the new Salah or something.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Why not try 50m on Antony, plus give them 1 year loan deal for Diallo for free.

DarkRed

Any offer for Antony should include Tahith Chong or Amad Diallo, there will not be a place for so many young developing right wingers.

AjaxNL

Brobbey is on loan from Leipzig
Brobbey is a special case though. Ajax youth who left on a free last season. Ajax loaned him back, with good opportunities to buy him back. That is what we are working towards atm. The previous poster is right, Ajax do not do loans anymore (thank god)

Terranova

Supports
United/Ajax
Brobbey is a special case though. Ajax youth who left on a free last season. Ajax loaned him back, with good opportunities to buy him back. That is what we are working towards atm. The previous poster is right, Ajax do not do loans anymore (thank god)
Not even that. Brobbey required absolutely no time to fit in while Haller was at the Africa cup. That's why they loaned him.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Would love for us to get him, and he's clearly wanted by ETH.

I don't understand why we're waiting til now however when Ajax have already sold a load of player/he commands a much higher fee?

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
50m is good money, while Diallo is quite a talented youngster who would be decent enough for Dutch league
Why would Ajax develop an youngster for us ? If it was a permanent sale, it would make sense. This narrative that Ajax is some kind of minnow who will develop an youngster for us, has to stop.They have a huge scouting network, one of the best academies in the world (bigger than us). They know how to replace Antony.

Adam-Utd

Would love for us to get him, and he's clearly wanted by ETH.

I don't understand why we're waiting til now however when Ajax have already sold a load of player/he commands a much higher fee?
Because he's not even able to train yet.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Why would Ajax develop an youngster for us ? If it was a permanent sale, it would make sense. This narrative that Ajax is some kind of minnow who will develop an youngster for us, has to stop.They have a huge scouting network, one of the best academies in the world (bigger than us). They know how to replace Antony.
Just in case they can't find any suitable right winger this summer. Anyway, I think 50m is good money for Antony. Diallo loan is just a gesture.

BrilliantOrange

Supports
Ajax Amsterdam
I would say Gravenberch. Bayern got the best one.
As an Ajax fan.. He'd not be in my top 5, maybe top 8 of last years best players...

Not saying he is not a great talent though... But he was far too inconsistent last season and lacked decision making to be ranked amongst the best Ajax players last season.. Martinez Mazraoui Blind Timber Antony and Tadic were better over the whole season 100%.. Haller, Alvarez Berghuis Pasveer arguably as well...

Adam-Utd

:lol:

I get that, I mean more from a negotiating stand point.
I suppose we are waiting to see how he recovers before we spend 50m+ on a guy that might not even be the same player.

Probably best to wait and see how he's running before you stump that sort of cash up.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
As an Ajax fan.. He'd not be in my top 5, maybe top 8 of last years best players...
Had to agree with this. I wasn't too impress with him in comparison to other Ajax players when I watched him last season. Even in comparison to other midfielders from different team at similar age, Bellingham was more impressive last season. And Bellingham is younger.

Terranova

Supports
United/Ajax
50m is good money, while Diallo is quite a talented youngster who would be decent enough for Dutch league
You must be joking right? United is barely a step up in terms of quality(which most of you must agree with since at least 5 players of the starting XI are deemed to be an upgrade, before Mazraoui and Gravenberch went to Ajax). Why would Ajax want a player that isn't anywhere good enough for United

Suv666

Amad struggling to get minutes in Scotland,
he is nowhere near good enough for Ajax.

Such a strange transfer us buying Diallo.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
We wouldn't put in a disrespectfully low bid for Antony while negotiating for Martinez.

I would say that Antony bid is close to what they want.

Adam-Utd

Amad struggling to get minutes in Scotland,
he is nowhere near good enough for Ajax.

Such a strange transfer us buying Diallo.
Remind me which team got to the Europa league final? you underestimate Rangers.

Judas

Open to offers
If the bid is real, no other sources reporting it thus far, I do think we'll end up getting him. We're clearly after him. Just worry how much we might pay.

Status
Not open for further replies.