Antony | Here we go! €100mill, contract until June 2027, option 'til 2028.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Pretty much an overreaction. It's standard procedure that players don't have to show up for training when a transfer could be done.
All this tells me is that Ajax expects United to come back with a better offer.
was it you who said Antony may not even want to come to us? I forget which ajax fan did say that a couple days ago

Nick7

Thoughts on having spent over £200M on defenders the last few years?

I'd prioritize the rest of the team and come back to RB and then eventually GK, last.
Symptom of poor planning, squad composition, and recruitment. A club without a clear plan and direction wasting money on centre backs trying to fill defensive holes caused by sub standard players in other positions.

at the end of the day I don’t care that he costs €100m himself. I care, if that money can be used to bring other parts of the squad up to standard. A cheaper alternative + other holes filled would be nice. Maybe not realistic, but it’s something I’d like to see

Tiki-Taka

Although I do think he is overpriced and am worried about signing players from the Eredivisie, we are in desperate need in competition for those attacking places, hopefully this could give Rashford and Sancho the kick up the arse they need.

Remember the geese

Is he any good? Who would you compare his game to from any current or past wingers?
In my opinion he is a good player, but overpriced. I think £50m is about right. He would give us more options and flexibility. Antony isn't too dissimilar to Nani. He likes his tricks and plays with flair. Has that horrible cheating Neymar side to him though.

TheReligion

Abusive
I would like Antony to stay at Ajax, but i would also not mind if they sell big. Because Ajax unlike Utd is able to sign players. I'm not worried at all, i just find it hilarious that people here are so delusional that they think every players wants to go to United so will make a fuss to facilitate the move :lol:
Aint no way you're getting Antony guys haha. There's just no way, unless you pay our feckoff 100 million. I think he does not want to go now also to Manchester.
Did tell you guys…

therealtboy

Supports
Feyenoord

When he smashes home the last minute winner against Man City later on this season.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
He has lions and a clock tattooed on his arm. Could he be any more basic tattoo guy. Not cool enough for United, next.

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
Aint no way you're getting Antony guys haha. There's just no way, unless you pay our feckoff 100 million. I think he does not want to go now also to Manchester.
:lol: Welcome to Manchester mate. We buy who we want.

avgp_1

They got around €60m for Martinez. You can't expect them not to fleece us for Antony

Teja

Vastly inflated fee. Do we really want to be Brazil FC when this has to be one of the weakest Brazilian national team ever.
Hey atleast we're not Ajax United or whatever they're calling us these days.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
South American’s paradise we are going to be

Teja

They got around €60m for Martinez. You can't expect them not to fleece us for Antony
Yep they said 100m initially, I really hope we're not that stupid. We could've just paid FdJ's deferred wages with that.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
They want 100m EUR, we were clearly willing to go to 80m EUR.

I think we can put on another 10 and it's good for all parties. We're in an era where Pepe, (Ben White), Pulsic, Werner, Ziyech have all moved on big money at varying degrees. Antony may not be of equal potential to some of those names but he does come in with the manager knowing him very very well, which for me at least, removes some of the risk.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Vastly inflated fee. Do we really want to be Brazil FC when this has to be one of the weakest Brazilian national team ever.
Signed 2 Brazilians and now we are Brazil FC?

They are favourites for World Cup too:nervous:

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
We're assembling a samba team! Cas, Antony and Fred! Samba party!!!

ETH86

Supports
Ajax
:lol: Welcome to Manchester mate. We buy who we want.
You're going to overpay with a 100 million like I predicted. Everything below ain't happening hahaha. What a deal, 100 million

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
I'm not sure it's the wisest decision to burn any bridges we have with Ajax. In any case, wouldn't it be more sensible to go over Gakpo (move on Rashfrod) and come back for Antony next summer? Maybe we can arrange a gentleman's agreement with them now for next summer.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
There is absolutely no way a player like Antony goes for 50 million pounds, some of you really have to wake up.

bosskeano

he's watching the heart and soul of the brazilian team make the move to United and Ajax turn down a massive offer for him and he's probably missing out on a big pay raise...can't really blame him for being pissed off and wanting to force a move

cyberman

I'm not sure it's the wisest decision to burn any bridges we have with Ajax. In any case, wouldn't it be more sensible to go over Gakpo (move on Rashfrod) and come back for Antony next summer? Maybe we can arrange a gentleman's agreement with them now for next summer.
Not sure it’s our fault. If Ajax advertise themselves as a drop off point to bigger clubs then I can see why a player would be angry that he isn’t allowed to move on when someone is actually overpaying for you.
Defeats the entire model

saik

What do you mean?:lol: They have rinsed us for every transfer we made from them. It's not like they are doing us any favours while giving us cut price deals.

Status
Not open for further replies.