Antony | Here we go! €100mill, contract until June 2027, option 'til 2028.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
His name was Tony, he was a winger,
With yellow speckles on his head, collecting cheeky balls from Fred.
He would dribble and do the cha-cha,
And while he tried to be a star,
Ronnie always waved his arms.
Across the crowded pitch, he moved from wing to goal,
He was young and pissed off Souness,
Who could ask for more?

With our Tony (co) he's on a mission (feck City)
Our hottest winger who's not in prison (oh)
With our Tony (co) he's fecking smashin'.
Football and passion were always the fashion,
With our Tony, we fell in love.

Daslogisch

Supports
Ajax
This guy still hasn't fully accepted it. :lol:
Get over yourself. He is just not the person to make it official. Hence why he can't say that he's gone.

Ten Hag's been saying for weeks that Ronaldo is part of Uniteds plans. Everyone knows Ronaldo wants out and will be out.

BrilliantOrange

Supports
Ajax Amsterdam
His name was Tony, he was a winger,
With yellow speckles on his head, collecting cheeky balls from Fred.
He would dribble and do the cha-cha,
And while he tried to be a star,
Ronnie always waved his arms.
Across the crowded pitch, he moved from wing to goal,
He was young and pissed off Souness,
Who could ask for more?

With our Tony (co) he's on a mission (feck City)
Our hottest winger who's not in prison (oh)
With our Tony (co) he's fecking smashin'.
Football and passion were always the fashion,
With our Tony, we fell in love.
Good stuff this

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Shows how much they must have rated him at Ajax, but that's football.

I just hope he can show the same talent and ability for us too. Glad ETH is the one to guide him.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Shows how much they must have rated him at Ajax, but that's football.

I just hope he can show the same talent and ability for us too. Glad ETH is the one to guide him.
Looking at Ajax; they know how to develop a player. It probably comes with the territory of being an elite football club, but they have a defined strategy and know how to get the best out of their players. Our problem, and something other clubs here have, was always prying their top players away and then sticking them in teams that have a completely different style of play and man management. I feel that Antony will be like Martinez and start making a big impact to how effective we are as a team quite quickly.

Ole'sattheWheel

Does anyone know when he’ll be eligible to play? Obviously Thursday would be ideal but looks unlikely if he’s not even done a medical yet

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
To be fair, you always need 2 players to mark flair players like him. Overload on one side and one pass to opposite side from Eriksen or Bruno and it will be a direct route. That's what I am hoping to see.

NewYorkRed

Does anyone know when he’ll be eligible to play? Obviously Thursday would be ideal but looks unlikely if he’s not even done a medical yet
Even if he would be eligible for thursday (doesn’t look likelt) he would not start. He needs to train with the team, get to know everyone, settle in. At the very earliest, we may see him come off the bench against Arsenal esp if we need a goal.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Looking at Ajax; they know how to develop a player. It probably comes with the territory of being an elite football club, but they have a defined strategy and know how to get the best out of their players. Our problem, and something other clubs here have, was always prying their top players away and then sticking them in teams that have a completely different style of play and man management. I feel that Antony will be like Martinez and start making a big impact to how effective we are as a team quite quickly.
Yeah for once we seem to be picking the correct players for how we want to play, instead of just who is the biggest name on the market and trying to glue it together after.

I don't blame ETH for wanting to shop at his old club for players he trusts to start with, especially when he knows their talent and personality.

Ole'sattheWheel

Even if he would be eligible for thursday (doesn’t look likelt) he would not start. He needs to train with the team, get to know everyone, settle in. At the very earliest, we may see him come off the bench against Arsenal esp if we need a goal.
Yeah probably for the best anyway. Leicester away is gonna be tough on a Thursday night. Crowd will be jeering everything he does and try to get him booked for “diving” every time he’s fouled

Crickus

So excited for this signing. A prime attacking Brazilan flair player... Inject that into my veins its about time we had a player who gets bums of seats

CM

This guy...

Really can't let it go
One of the best things about this transfer has been seeing this sour twat getting progressively angrier :lol: Why would anyone want to join a Europa League side?

Nero

To be fair he's right to be pissed about footballers going on strike.

saik

This guy...

Really can't let it go
This guy FFS. He needs to really let it go now. It's becoming embarrassing. We are giving them a record fee, it's not like they are losing him on a free. They can easily go and get a good replacement for less than half of that money.

Also, questioning if Antony is worth 100m, do they also question other clubs and their transfers this season? Or do they only care about the transfer fee when it's United.:rolleyes:

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
To be fair, you always need 2 players to mark flair players like him. Overload on one side and one pass to opposite side from Eriksen or Bruno and it will be a direct route. That's what I am hoping to see.
I truly hope that will free up Sancho more

unplayable

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
German journalists have become annoying the second they found out that tweeting about PL clubs gets them more attention. Patrick Berger doesn't know anything when it doesn't concern a German club.

Status
Not open for further replies.