Anybody else annoyed with 3 minutes of added time?

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
At least he didn't whistle at 90th min.
Sometimes the refs blow up early when a team is beaten heavily / humiliated

Red Devil 26

Premature Examination
Was annoyingly predictable. Never seem to add on much when a team's on the receiving end of a pasting. Added time in general is a joke in most games.

Must have been 3 mins just in the VAR review?

in a way it’s the most minor thing to Moab about.

but, we had

1 disallowed goal that goes to VAR
1 Red card and pen - long VAR review
5 goals
1 United sub
I presume 2-3 Southampton subs

It’s incomprehensible that it’s 3 mins.

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
Disgusted. Called it at the time that there was a 4.5 minute delay between the award of the penalty and it being taken. In total there should probably have been atleast 8. Is it ok to just feel sorry for the opposition and not do your job properly when there's records on the line and when we've seen the premier league title and relegation be decided by goal difference?

spiriticon

It had to be at least 6 minutes added time but I wanted it to end.

Their heads were down after the first 3 minutes and it was just lambs to the slaughter after that

AFC NimbleThumb

Disgusted. Called it at the time that there was a 4.5 minute delay between the award of the penalty and it being taken. In total there should probably have been atleast 8. Is it ok to just feel sorry for the opposition and not do your job properly when we've seen the premier league title and relegation be decided by goal difference?
Same. I was raging about how long it was taking to the point even the Mrs was saying on principle it was a joke :lol:

Same as with the penalty decision first half, the margins are narrow & that game was a catastrophe for officiating regardless of the score line.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I’m 100% certain it’s this:

Mike Dean’s decision to give 3 mins was down to him not wanting United to score a 10th and his refereeing performance to be forever discussed as a key component of a historic game.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
At least he didn't whistle at 90th min.
Sometimes the refs blow up early when a team is beaten heavily / humiliated
It's an unwritten rule isn't it if one team is getting thumped?

3 minutes were only added on for Man. United 1-6 Spurs despite a few goals and about 4 subs in the second half so it's something that just happens if one team is miles infront.

I would actually like as a new feature for them to publish the fourth official notes on twitter after game as to how much injury time is added as it really is so random.

We played Southampton at weekend. No goals in second half and we made our first sub in injury time. Southampton made two up to 89th minute. 6 minutes added on.

Foxbatt

Me. He should have added the time for the penalty review too. Plus for each goal and subs and the sending off.

Vernon Philander

Yes!

The first half was bad too, the sending off and McT injury break was way more than 2 mins itself.

Superunknown

I can't remember the last time I saw a game where there were more goals in a half than minutes of added-on time.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
So much debate around the rules, VAR etc these days but the fact that they can just make up how long the game actually lasts is completely ignored.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I think timekeeping in football is a bigger issue than people like to think. It’s one of the easiest things to control and yet it’s also incredibly easy to manipulate with human error and corruption. There’s no reason at all we haven’t had 10 minutes added onto that game. It’s at least 20 seconds per goal, 30 seconds per sub and then the additional 5 mins of VAR.

RUCK4444

Yeah, we were never going to get the correct amount with that scoreline.

With all them goals though it should have been at the very least 5-6 minutes.

Refs bending the rules when it suits. Perhaps VAR can make a meal of this rule as well and review the whole game and calculate the exact amount of extra time whilst we all wait around - nothing would surprise me now with VAR.

Oranges038

Played in Sunday league games where the ref blew early because the score got bad that there was literally no point playing on.

Honestly, I think he should have called it bang on the 90. No point in going beyond that, the game was over as a contest at half time.

If they really wanted to do it right, all they have to do is have a count down timer and stop it when play stops. At the end of each half then play on until the ball goes dead, like they do in rugby.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Played in Sunday league games where the ref blew early because the score got bad that there was literally no point playing on.

Honestly, I think he should have called it bang on the 90. No point in going beyond that, the game was over as a contest at half time.
Ah ok yeah let’s not just apply the rules because a team is getting beat.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'

And if we lose the league by a goal? If you start having this attitude, you have to scrap goal difference for me. It amazes me that so many fans are happy to just accept blatantly unfair rules.

SuperiorXI

If they really wanted to do it right, all they have to so is have a count down timer and stop it when play stops. At the end of each half then play on until the ball goes dead, like they do in rugby.
This would be okay if GD couldn't decide titles and has done it the very recent past

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Would have been if Dean hadn't just royally screwed them over with the second red card and generally being a useless prick all game.

spiriticon

And if we lose the league by a goal? If you start having this attitude, you have to scrap goal difference for me. It amazes me that so many fans are happy to just accept blatantly unfair rules.
Then it's because we didn't score 2 against Sheffield United, personally.

RUCK4444

Ah ok yeah let’s not just apply the rules because a team is getting beat.
Yeah - It's not like we've lost a league to goal difference before :lol:

You can't bend the rules through convenience/mercy of the losing team. What if we are denied an extra goal or two? Could make a massive difference, as we've already learnt the hard way.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.

Maybe in cup games but in the PL goal difference can be cruicial. Every team should play the same number of minutes.

I read an article where games had the ball in play as low as 42 minutes and the highest was 68. That shouldn't be allowed.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
It's an unwritten rule isn't it if one team is getting thumped?

3 minutes were only added on for Man. United 1-6 Spurs despite a few goals and about 4 subs in the second half so it's something that just happens if one team is miles infront.

I would actually like as a new feature for them to publish the fourth official notes on twitter after game as to how much injury time is added as it really is so random.

We played Southampton at weekend. No goals in second half and we made our first sub in injury time. Southampton made two up to 89th minute. 6 minutes added on.
Hilarious that a non united fan would remember something like that. I’ve absolutely no idea. Do you know how much added time there was in the Wolves v Palace game this season?

Superunknown

This would be okay if GD couldn't decide titles and has done it the very recent past
Completely agree with this. We can also use this argument to those few people out there who call it "unsportsmanlike" to carry on scoring when the game is "clearly" over and done with. Absolutely fecking not. I'm very pleased that we kept on trying to add to our tally. I'm delighted that we have that ruthless ability within us.

don’t mind it in a Sunday league, or especially in kids football. I remember getting beat 17-0 once!

but you can’t bend the rules at the ref’s discretion - he has no discretion. The league could be decided on goal difference.

blowing up early in this match is very unlikely to have an effect on the league.

however, I’m astonished there’s not any granularity on where the figures for injury time come from. It’s actually really easy for someone to calculate. So easy, that there shouldn’t even be a debate.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Yeah, quite annoyed. If they'd played the proper amount then we had time for two more goals and there's a tiny chance that could matter in the long run.