Anyone else feeling disconnected from this current Man United?

Mike Smalling

I'm about to order a shirt for my son and we're at a loss with whose name to put on it. Previous shirts have featured Mkhitaryan, Martial and Pogba. I don't want to feck this one up but it's a tough call. Luke Shaw? Fred?!
Get a goalie shirt with De Gea - although maybe wait until he has extended his contract ;)

For outfield players it is actually quite difficult. Last year I would have said Lingard, but he is not exactly shining at the moment.

M18Red1

You have to support the club through thick and thin, although this situation is really tough :-/

togg

I'm about to order a shirt for my son and we're at a loss with whose name to put on it. Previous shirts have featured Mkhitaryan, Martial and Pogba. I don't want to feck this one up but it's a tough call. Luke Shaw? Fred?!
Yeah...gone are the times when you could put a Giggs or Scholes on it and pretty much guarantee it would be relevant for a cost-saving amount of time!

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
Skimmed the thread only but to those saying "I've never been more disconnected with the club before this", it's just the negative media these days. We still attract top players, still one of the biggest clubs in the world, still winning trophies, we aren't doing that bad are we?? We can't control what the media writes about our club, but what we can control is our emotions so stop lapping up whatever the media tells us!
:rolleyes: Fecking hell...

tony54

You have to support the club through thick and thin, although this situation is really tough :-/
I agree one has to support a club but there comes a point when one realises that the club is not the club that one set out to support. Man Utd has lost its way and with the glaziers and Edwards, mourino and spoilt brat Pogba we are not going anywhere.
A fan not complaining about his displeasure about the club that he supports is like a woman being submitted to evil behaviour from her partner and not speaking out.
It is our duty to complain, no club is bigger than the supporter and if this shit continues the club will find out the hard way. Hopefully at this stage we get rid of the Glaziers and Woodward who are only in it for big profits.

Last edited:

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
I agree one has to support a club but there comes a point when one realises that the club is not the club that one set out to support. Man Utd has lost its way and with the glaziers and Edwards, mourino and spoilt brat Pogba we are not going anywhere.
A fan not complaining about his displeasure about the club that he supports is like a woman being submitted to evil behaviour from her partner and not speaking out.
It is our duty to complain, no club is bigger than the supporter and if this shit continues the club will find out the hard way. Hopefully at this stage we get rid of the Glaziers and Edwards who are only in it for big profits.
How the feck do you compare dissatisfaction with a football club and domestic abuse?

Some people need to get a fecking grip.

Who's Edwards FFS?

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
There have been a lot worse.

Relegation was the worst for me but we bounced back. It may not be a quick fix but the remedy is there for all to see and the blind JM supporters are in denial.

AndyJ1985

Being brutally honest and critical is also a form of support. You don't just sit back waving banners and singing songs as the thing you love is being destroyed. You try and remove the cause of the problem.

Mark Armstrong

I've felt rather disconnected since Fergie retired, but have probably watched 99% of the games since.
Football is changing, I think fans of the vast majority of top clubs possibly feel the same towards their team and players. I guess the difference is that some of us feel that disconnect and have to deal with our club's fall from grace, whereas our rivals tend to be on an upward trajectory.
I tend not to worry too much about this. Nor should anybody really. It's all part of the game.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I've felt rather disconnected since Fergie retired, but have probably watched 99% of the games since.
Football is changing, I think fans of the vast majority of top clubs possibly feel the same towards their team and players. I guess the difference is that some of us feel that disconnect and have to deal with our club's fall from grace, whereas our rivals tend to be on an upward trajectory.
I tend not to worry too much about this. Nor should anybody really. It's all part of the game.
I think that hits the nail on the head. When your players are stinking the place out then it's natural to feel disconnected from them when you're seeing social media nonsense about their latest haircut or fancy car. On the flip side, I bet Liverpool fans are creaming themselves over the most inane snapchat bollox shared by their players because they're delivering on the pitch.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Usually a loss would annoy me until our next game but that's not the case anymore. I'm already over it and looking forward to the 3pm kickoffs.

RedTillI'mDead

A Key Tool
Usually a loss would annoy me until our next game but that's not the case anymore. I'm already over it and looking forward to the 3pm kickoffs.
I'm very fed up. Season over before it's even got going. No sign of improvement, a squad that looks piss poor. A manager that is useless.

reddaz71

All for supporting the club through thick and thin but honestly this club is in need of a total overhaul from top to bottom,bad succession planning post Ferguson,Moyes getting rid of Fergusons backroom staff, owners more interested in the share price,an investment banker put in charge of football decisions and on and on,the club has been unravelling since 2013!

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
The club is like your child that causes you nothing but trouble. but at the end of the day, still your child. Sometimes, I wish I wasn't really into football and didn't support the club. But I do.

Bestofthebest

Yes I do now feel totally disconnected with the club in its present shape. There is absolutely no cohesion between board, manager and players, or so it appears. Wether that is the case or not the end result is the team are playing rubbish football and getting terrible results. I have supported Utd for over 60 years but today I committed a total betrayal. I have put a £50 bet on them at 40/1 to be relegated so I will get £2000 if it happens. I sit here and think of some of the things I did to get into a match when I was 16/17/18 years old. Not all of them legal but that's another story. Remember I am not a glory hunter and have seen the reds relegated once before and seen them play football as bad as they are playing at present but at least the team gave their all. I am hoping against hope I do not pick up £2000 in May. If I do it will be shared out between my grand kids.

RedCoffee

Rants that backfired
My interest in football not just United is being ruined due to the debacle of the last five years. I can’t face watching other games, don’t enter FF anymore, have lost interest in betting, etc etc. It’s hard to see how I get myself back into it.

Judas

Open to offers
I feel there's a bit more unity now because we're nearly all on the same page. Last few months, hell, the last season or so there have been lots of differing opinions and feelings, but now we're all together.

Bogga

I used to be pissed and not read any news for days when we lost. My wife hated me because of my mood... When we won I felt ecstatic and spent hours reading about the game on various sites...

Nowaday I just shrug my shoulders and move on like nothing happened. When we win I get a bit surprised and happy for a minute or two...

Hammondo

Ever since we got rid of so many of our youth players and started buying in so many "star" players.

Jacko21

I can’t face watching other games
It's hard because I/we used to watch other games with a vested interest - hoping rivals would drop points. Why would I want to watch Chelsea/Liverpool later? The result is irrelevant to me and Manchester United. That's a pretty galling feeling.

I struggle to watch a football match purely for the entertainment and not the ramifications. That's what 20+ years of finishing 1st, 2nd or 3rd does to you. You become conditioned. It's not the glory per se, but the thrill of the chase.

Sing you a song

We’r having a tough time, playing poor football can’t remember the last time that I really enjoyed watching united but even given all that the thing that really makes me disconnect with the club was reading that our star ( yet horribly underperforming ) player turns up this week in a chauffeur driven Rolls Royce , and our pretty boy centre midfielder who hardly gets a game turns up for training in a white Bentley , football is just out of control.
I’m all for players being paid well watching the likes of Ronaldo play is priceless but Pogba is so obsessed with himself it makes me sick and Pereira aligning himself with Pogba is laughable.when very average players are being paid millions it just makes a mockery of the game

Adisa

My interest in football not just United is being ruined due to the debacle of the last five years. I can’t face watching other games, don’t enter FF anymore, have lost interest in betting, etc etc. It’s hard to see how I get myself back into it.
Same, just like watching another man bang your wife. Why should I take pleasure watching another team when mine causes such misery?

rpitchfo

I managed to watch all of lvgs games. I can do anything if I put my mind to it.

Joeace2020

Yes I do now feel totally disconnected with the club in its present shape. There is absolutely no cohesion between board, manager and players, or so it appears. Wether that is the case or not the end result is the team are playing rubbish football and getting terrible results. I have supported Utd for over 60 years but today I committed a total betrayal. I have put a £50 bet on them at 40/1 to be relegated so I will get £2000 if it happens. I sit here and think of some of the things I did to get into a match when I was 16/17/18 years old. Not all of them legal but that's another story. Remember I am not a glory hunter and have seen the reds relegated once before and seen them play football as bad as they are playing at present but at least the team gave their all. I am hoping against hope I do not pick up £2000 in May. If I do it will be shared out between my grand kids.

United will never, ever be relegated. If Chelsea could take the decisions to get rid of Mourinho in his last season before it got irredemable, United will not let it get anywhere there before we ring in the required changes. That season was a lesson to any football team with Mourinho under its employ. However, fortunately, we now know how low he can drag teams he manages and we won't be found there.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
I’m now at rock bottom with this club, by far the lowest I’ve ever felt, worse than moyes and LVG, win lose or draw I just don’t care anymore. There’s far too many wasters stealing a living from top to bottom in this club that I simply don’t give a toss about and in some cases I actually really dislike them.

Luckily I’m busy with real life commitments the next few matches so won’t be watching. Thank god.

alsabi

I think the most concerning thing is that the current Manchester United manager comes across in his interviews as disconnected from the current Manchester United.

The atmosphere tonight was stinking and there were empty seats to be had. This on a Champions League night too. It feels like the support has had the enthusiasm knocked out of them. Very sad to witness.

El Zoido

We’ve been crap for years. The Liverpool-esq slump is happening and there’s seemingly nothing we can do to stop it. It’s hard to describe how awful we are to watch, it’s as boring as I’ve ever seen any team. I don’t know where we go from here.

Adisa

I think the most concerning thing is that the current Manchester United manager comes across in his interviews as disconnected from the current Manchester United.
It's not the first time it's happened. He simply cannot take responsibility for anything nagative because he has an irrational fear about his reputation being harmed. Look at his performance post Sevilla?
His first instinct is to separate himself from anything negative. It's stops being "we" and becomes "they" or "the club" or "the players".
He always does it, has always done it and will always do it till the day he stops managing.
How managers have talked about what they have won in the past as much as Mourinho? He thinks cause of what he has achieved, the fault can never lie with him.

Will Singh

I never thought we would be what we are today. We need to go back to basics and start again. I sometimes think those glory days are way behind us and we will never be the same again.....I feckING MISS SIR ALEX!

sdb4884

Absolutely I do, I'll never stop supporting the team but to see what has happened to this club since Ferguson left is very sad. Woodward has to take most of the blame, the three managers he has picked (including Moyes) has ruined this club. We were always a football club first and business second and now we are truly just a business that puts football second.

Season is still young enough to salvage but Mourinho needs to be sacked ASAP and someone like Zidane has a couple of months to sort out the deadwood and get moving on transfers in January.