Anyone else sick of watching this boring rubbish?

RedStarUnited

Erm no.

I rather enjoy possession football. I just hate how risk averse we are with it. We are so close to being a great team...

Sammyjunn

In Smalling's pocket (as every other person)
Januzaj alone was more fun to watch than most of our players. We're a better team now, but possession football just makes us so boring to watch at times. We dont have the quality to like really make it work, as Barcelona, Bayern, Real and to a lesser extent City and Arsenal do.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
We play some lovely football at times.

I don't mind the patient approach when we're level or winning, it's when we're losing I get anxious and inpatient but overall I like our football.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Nope

It was a pretty awful game. But most games away in Russia are a bit shit like this. Although at times we were frustratingly slow tonight

bananaman

Erm no.

I rather enjoy possession football. I just hate how risk averse we are with it. We are so close to being a great team...
Well that's what I mean. No risks. Pass pass pass lose it. Defend. Win ball pass pass pass repeat.
It's just boring to watch.

Bwuk

Erm no.

We are miles off being a great team.

Any of the top European sides would slap us like Arsenal did.

You think is slowing recycling possession would bother Madrid?

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
The style of football is okay, but it's those last 10 or 15 minutes. Passing the ball back to the half way line when we're in the process of bombing down the wing with 1 minute to go. Why? Why is there no urgency to win a game of football? It often seems like not losing the ball is more important than getting a win. They were out on their feet and there for the taking in that last 15 minutes, and we didn't even try to get at them. We bring on Fellaini and we put the ball in the box about 2 or 3 times, tops.

Raw

I don't mind it if we're winning a game. I find it oddly comforting when we're winning and we're patiently passing it around in midfield giving the opposition no chance to get it back.

The first half v CSKA though, feck me it's irritating.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
I'm more sick of the whiny threads and negative attitude from so many posters here. What do you really expect from a European away game? We were shite to watch under Ferguson away from home too. Particularly weird when you consider how we played just 3 days ago.

SirAF

Ageist
No. This was a typical away match in Europe and we got what we needed. Quit whining.

the hea

Nothing wrong with tactics like this in tough away games in Europe. Only four days ago we beat Everton 3-0 and would not call that performance boring.

PSingh

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Erm no.

Spot on! With a bit more adventure in our play we would be almost unplayable.

RedStarUnited

Well that's what I mean. No risks. Pass pass pass lose it. Defend. Win ball pass pass pass repeat.
It's just boring to watch.
But I also hate watching us being attacked. Id much rather watch us passing the ball slow than watch a team run us ragged.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Honestly mate, you're an idiot.

this is what football is and always has been. We played like this under Fergie.

You just don't like football because today was fine.

Ffs, some of you are so so spoiled. Not even spoiled on memories but on FIFA and FM and what you expect it to be.

cyberman

Thought it was a great away performance myself.
Dominated the ball and nullified them when they tried to go forward, this style always looks boring when the opposition have something to hang into.
Some of our interchanges and triangles were beautiful

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
I dislike watching possession football but ultimately only care about results.

No. This was a typical away match in Europe and we got what we needed. Quit whining.
Also, this.

Zoo

As said, away games under Fergie weren't the most exciting. It's all about getting through the group.

Siorac

Thought it was a great away performance myself.
Dominated the ball and nullified them when they tried to go forward, this style always looks boring when the opposition have something to hang into.
Some of our interchanges and triangles were beautiful
Let's not go too far here...

mu77

it's LVG football not man united football. dull no heart get the point away football.

RedStarUnited

We are miles off being a great team.

Any of the top European sides would slap us like Arsenal did.

You think is slowing recycling possession would bother Madrid?
Arsenal arent the benchmark. After the horror 30 mins or so we were okay.

Madrid would tear apart most teams, they are the best counter attacking team in the world.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
This was basically exactly how our away's looked under Fergie. Boring, grinding out a result, and then taking care of business at home.

Rossa

Januzaj alone was more fun to watch than most of our players. We're a better team now, but possession football just makes us so boring to watch at times. We dont have the quality to like really make it work, as Barcelona, Bayern, Real and to a lesser extent City and Arsenal do.
Considering the amount of money spent, who should be held responsible for the lack of quality to play the kind of football the "philosophy" requires then?

I almost fell asleep watching today; I think that may be the only way to get past our opponents. When people say we had a good second half, it says too much.

FromTheBench

We had like 78% posession or something and home team was playing on the counter while both created about equal chances and drew.

Was hardly a typical away match in europe which is more or less the other way round.

Sammyjunn

In Smalling's pocket (as every other person)
Considering the amount of money spent, who should be held responsible for the lack of quality to play the kind of football the "philosophy" requires then?

I almost fell asleep watching today; I think that may be the only way to get past our opponents. When people say we had a good second half, it says too much.
Obvious van Gaal tho, but thats another discussion.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
This. We weren't too bad in the 2nd half, there was some good stuff there. We just need to get some consistency with our good spells imo.

SirAF

Ageist
We had like 78% posession or something and home team was playing on the counter while both created about equal chances and drew.

Was hardly a typical away match in europe which is more or less the other way round.
That's because it is our style now. Barcelona also have that kind of posession away, I would imagine. It was a typical away match in Europe in the sense of the team being a tad risk averse and being ok with 1 point.
If they win the two home games then we got 10 points and are golden.

Rossa

Honestly mate, you're an idiot.

this is what football is and always has been. We played like this under Fergie.

You just don't like football because today was fine.

Ffs, some of you are so so spoiled. Not even spoiled on memories but on FIFA and FM and what you expect it to be.
No! It's perfectly fine to play it safe away from home. Fergie did that and any sensible manager should do that; however, CSKA were quite poor and there were opportunities to exploit, but we kept playing it back and forth, back and forth like a lullaby. At least Fergie would try to risk a counter attack from time to time. Now we just keep the ball, not luring them into attack or creating spaces - just back and forth, back and forth.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
We had a lot of boring CL away matches under Fergie as well
Problem is that this isn't limited to the CL. But on the other hand, there has been some great matches under LvG. Can't say that about any performances under Moyes.