Music Anyone listen to French hiphop?

ArmandTamzarian

Supports
Liverpool
I'll have to remember to check this thread out during the weekend, every time I'm in Amsterdam I'll hear a decent amount foreign language Hip-Hop in the coffee shops. Usually Dutch but sometimes the odd French ones and it sounds amazing despite not having a clue what they're on about.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
@Downcast

do you know any good french hiphop electro/house/trance/EDM crossovers?
I will think about it.

To make sure I understand your request, do you have any examples of American/British hiphop electro/house/trance/EDM crossovers?

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
Fonky family, I Am, Shurik'n :drool:

Listened to nothing else in the mid to late 90's for a few years. FF easily the best rap group ever along with wu tang. I'll post some tunes later when I'm at work.

KingEric7

Stupid Conspiracy Enthusiast Wanker
Not French, but I was introduced to Japanese hip-hop type stuff quite a few years back:

I could be wrong but I'm not sure that Nujabes ever used midi controllers/synths. Pretty amazing, if so; it must be very difficult without them to make something like that luv. sic instrumental up there.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Wow I just had to share this. The most powerful French rap song I have heard so far. English subtitles are included. The guy basically mentions lots of controversial events that happened in the 20th century. Beat is grimy as hell and some of the footage is disturbing.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
Not French, but I was introduced to Japanese hip-hop type stuff quite a few years back:

I could be wrong but I'm not sure that Nujabes ever used midi controllers/synths. Pretty amazing, if so; it must be very difficult without them to make something like that luv. sic instrumental up there.
Himuki - My Book

Amazing album.

Twisted_Woody

Scout
I need to learn french...maybe i'll try to listen to this to supplement duolingo.

Anustart89

Okay, let’s revive this thread. What’s good these days?

I’ve been listening to a ton of Black M, GIMS, Sexion d’Assaut over the past few years. Hit me with some good stuff to add to my playlist.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
This thread reminds me of Dela - Atmospheric Airlines. Amazing project.
Translation Lost is one of my favourite albums ever.

I often play it on Apple Music and then let it just play similar music and I do enjoy French hip hop but couldn’t name many sadly.

Anustart89

And another of his with a bit of a Man Utd link:

After seeing the Kery James song that JPRouve posted (great song) I looked into a few more of his and found another that I really enjoyed.

Yessssss this is exactly what I’m looking for. Never heard, instantly going in my playlists. Cheers mate.

Loon

:lol:
I like a bit of MC Solar, but I’m an old fella (going on this place).

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
A relatively recent one:

And two classics that should always be mentioned: