Gaming Apex Legends (PC, PS5, PS4, Xbox One, Xbox Series)

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
I see they are removing tap strafing in the next patch which really lowers the skill ceiling on pc.

I expect a huge backlash to this they may even reverse it.

The better option was to make this an intended mechanic that non pc players could master to.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
Just saw this on Reddit.... damn! Wish i could get kills like that!
What a beautiful kill!

Bosws87

Anyone wanna play some ranked this evening around 7/8ish grinding through it silver 3 atm but i'm getting too frustrated with people dropping into absolute mayhem no guns available then dying instantly, playing with randoms with no communication on this game is painful.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Anyone wanna play some ranked this evening around 7/8ish grinding through it silver 3 atm but i'm getting too frustrated with people dropping into absolute mayhem no guns available then dying instantly, playing with randoms with no communication on this game is painful.
Should be around to play then - but don’t judge me for being rubbish.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
That said I’ve not been playing much so I don’t think I’m even into the silver ranks yet because I was having the same frustrations as you.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
That said I’ve not been playing much so I don’t think I’m even into the silver ranks yet because I was having the same frustrations as you.
I killed two people in one game once.

Bosws87

Its fine, i'm not great and at that rank you can just progress by just not being one of the idiots that dies instantly :lol:

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Ok just had my best game. Both my team-mates died and I took out a whole squad and then respawned my team. I had to go quite far away though as it was swarming. Not sure if that’s a bad thing cause I don’t know if they’d respawn with their equipment or if they have to go back to their boxes.

Grylte

Ok just had my best game. Both my team-mates died and I took out a whole squad and then respawned my team. I had to go quite far away though as it was swarming. Not sure if that’s a bad thing cause I don’t know if they’d respawn with their equipment or if they have to go back to their boxes.
They respawn with white armour on, no weapon, just like the start.
You have to go back to your box.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
They respawn with white armour on, no weapon, just like the start.
You have to go back to your box.
Ah ok thanks. Wasn't really possible, definitely would've died with the amount of squads around so I thought it best to revive them further away so at least they'd be back.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Just won my second game. Pretty flawless. Nobody died and we took out every team pretty efficiently. I killed the Champion which was nice.

No idea if any of those are achievements or if that’s par for the course!

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Just won my second game. Pretty flawless. Nobody died and we took out every team pretty efficiently. I killed the Champion which was nice.

No idea if any of those are achievements or if that’s par for the course!
winning is always an achievement, no matter how you do it!

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Played a few games and noticed a lot of sound bugs. Was getting angry at the game and Respawn before I realised it wasn't the game and just my 5 year old headphones finally on the wane.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff

Probably my best bit of play so far. Nice use of the heat shields if I do say so myself.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout

Probably my best bit of play so far. Nice use of the heat shields if I do say so myself.
Nice - I love when you see those ‘eliminated’ messages rolling on screen.

I’d recommend healing much quicker than you did though - and when you’ve killed an enemy it’s always worth opening their box and switching armour as it will be fully replenished and you won’t need to waste valuable seconds healing.

Have you tried any other legends?

Bosws87

Only a quick glimpse of you playing but try and get in a slide followed by a jump whenever moving every couple of seconds its a vital aspect to the movement part of the game.

Whenever not in a gunfight switch to no weapons as it drastically increases your speed.

You might already do these, just from the short clip.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Nice - I love when you see those ‘eliminated’ messages rolling on screen.

I’d recommend healing much quicker than you did though - and when you’ve killed an enemy it’s always worth opening their box and switching armour as it will be fully replenished and you won’t need to waste valuable seconds healing.

Have you tried any other legends?
Yeah I did this after I picked up my teammate's banner. Also was my first time using a heat shield so didn't occur to me to use it to heal until I saw Lifeline doing it :lol:

Only a quick glimpse of you playing but try and get in a slide followed by a jump whenever moving every couple of seconds its a vital aspect to the movement part of the game.

Whenever not in a gunfight switch to no weapons as it drastically increases your speed.

You might already do these, just from the short clip.
I keep seeing people do this but it just felt slow. Will try it though cheers.

Bosws87

Yeah I did this after I picked up my teammate's banner. Also was my first time using a heat shield so didn't occur to me to use it to heal until I saw Lifeline doing it :lol:

I keep seeing people do this but it just felt slow. Will try it though cheers.
Worth having a look at movement guides on youtube theres some great ones for pc i imagine there is controller ones.

slide jump and learning the timing to slide straight after climbing to get full speed again are the two main things everyone should master after that it gets a bit more situational for other techniques :)

looks like you are getting the hang of it though :)

Schmiznurf

Caf Representative in Mafia Championship

Everyone else is giving advice so I will too. Great shooting and nade though.
Lifeline's drone only survives a few ticks in the ring, so a heat shield when she got it out would have kept it up, looks like you waited for it once you did put one up, but with the cooldown it'd have been too long. With ring 2 and how close you were you could have healed with 2 syringes max, healed shields fully and then tanked the ring the rest of the way, that way lifeline wouldn't've been on her own.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Everyone else is giving advice so I will too. Great shooting and nade though.
Lifeline's drone only survives a few ticks in the ring, so a heat shield when she got it out would have kept it up, looks like you waited for it once you did put one up, but with the cooldown it'd have been too long. With ring 2 and how close you were you could have healed with 2 syringes max, healed shields fully and then tanked the ring the rest of the way, that way lifeline wouldn't've been on her own.
I don't quite understand this after reading a couple times :lol: Do you mean I should've thrown the second heat shield sooner? I only thought to throw a second once I saw Lifeline running and wanted to give them protection but it only really worked for me.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Just got my third win.

Is there a way to say to the squad that we’re too far apart and need to be closer together? I hear it sometimes but not sure if it’s just an automatic thing.

I play on mute so I can’t just say it. Not dealing with people on mic :lol: the ping system is great.

Grylte

Just got my third win.

Is there a way to say to the squad that we’re too far apart and need to be closer together? I hear it sometimes but not sure if it’s just an automatic thing.

I play on mute so I can’t just say it. Not dealing with people on mic :lol: the ping system is great.
Automatic thing that the characters say if you're spread out

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Just got my third win.

No, it’ll usually be said by one of the legends automatically as you say. You’ll often find people pinging as if there’s an enemy if they want the squad to get closer together but unfortunately you just have plebs who insist on running off and doing their own thing.

Grylte

No, it’ll usually be said by one of the legends automatically as you say. You’ll often find people pinging as if there’s an enemy if they want the squad to get closer together but unfortunately you just have plebs who insist on running off and doing their own thing.
Plebs... that is short for Wraith and Octane, right?

Bosws87

Will be on tonight was too warm yesterday, around 7/8pm if anyones down for unranked or ranked (silver 3 currently)

I'll stream the whole session if we get a trio on the go

Schmiznurf

Caf Representative in Mafia Championship
I don't quite understand this after reading a couple times :lol: Do you mean I should've thrown the second heat shield sooner? I only thought to throw a second once I saw Lifeline running and wanted to give them protection but it only really worked for me.
No, first heat shield should have been thrown down straight away. Lifeline's heal drone takes ring damage too, so only survives a few seconds, heat shield would have kept the drone out and healed both of you quicker.