Gaming Apex Legends (PC, PS5, PS4, Xbox One, Xbox Series)

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
A lot of big streamers are playing this right now. Nickmercs, Cloakzy, Courage etc. About time as well, it’s miles clear of any other BR in terms of fun/variance.

Schmiznurf

Caf Representative in Mafia Championship
I've been reading about EOMM (Engagement Optimised Matchmaking). Apparently it's an EA thing where they throw the average or below average player a win every so often to keep them coming back. Apparently the sweet spot is 5%.

I've checked my stats; 3060 lifetime games, 155 wins. A winrate of 5.065%

I checked my stats this season; 971 games, 56 wins. A winrate of 5.76%

All my glory has been pity wins by an algorithm.
Mine is 10-13%

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
I'm a season 0, or whatsitcalled, player, and i'm struggling to see why Wraith is so popular.
I totally understand it at pro level, to get your team in or out of places, but not in random ranked or unranked where you're not playing with a team you know.

I find it easier to get in or out of fights with Pathfinder or Mirage. Pathfinder is super fun to play, and Mirage has the most fun personality.
Octane is fun too, but since 90% of the people who play him are toxic as feck, i try not to play him to not be judged :lol:

Schmiznurf

I'm a season 0, or whatsitcalled, player, and i'm struggling to see why Wraith is so popular.
I totally understand it at pro level, to get your team in or out of places, but not in random ranked or unranked where you're not playing with a team you know.

I find it easier to get in or out of fights with Pathfinder or Mirage. Pathfinder is super fun to play, and Mirage has the most fun personality.
Octane is fun too, but since 90% of the people who play him are toxic as feck, i try not to play him to not be judged :lol:
Man, some people legit groan if you pick Octane :lol:

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Man, some people legit groan if you pick Octane :lol:
I do.

99.9% of Octane players embody all the stereotypes about gamers; Thick as pigshit, obnoxious, either screaming down the mic or is playing music, runs off on their own and get downed and then instantly leave when they are downed. I've never seen so many cnuts gravitate towards a videogame character.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Octane is by far the most fun character. Wraiths are far more toxic.

Grylte

I do.

99.9% of Octane players embody all the stereotypes about gamers; Thick as pigshit, obnoxious, either screaming down the mic or is playing music, runs off on their own and get downed and then instantly leave when they are downed. I've never seen so many cnuts gravitate towards a videogame character.
Octane is by far the most fun character. Wraiths are far more toxic.
Also atleast 90% of the current Octane players used to play Wraith. I'd say Octanes and Wraiths are just as toxic, i'd lean towards the Octanes, they tend to run off on their own a lot more.

Pathfinder is muuuuuch more fun than Octane, imo, i just love grappling away if i'm in a bad spot. Can't be followed as easily as Octane can. I can get away from Octane when i'm on Pathy :)

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
I do.

Amen. By far the most annoying players on the game. Which is annoying if he is utilised well he’s a good character to have for the team.

I agree with @Grylte, Pathfinder is bags of fun.

Grylte

All I ever use is the R301 and either the G7/Longbow for poking/long rage.
I always go R-99 with something range'ish secondary, prefer Wingman, but can use bow or Hemlock single target.
So satisfying hitting with the bow, but i'm super shit with it :P

Miss the Triple take, very nice 2nd weapon for me with R-99.

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
Holy shit. Alternator with DR was the shit :lol:
I may have to get back into this at some point. It's really fun when I get back into being decent at it.

As long as you dont mind playing PC lobbies :lol:

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Playing with two teammates who think it's the smart play to poke and push a Rampart and her teammates on high ground behind her shields, when we could reposition with a jump tower 10 seconds away behind cover...

The pig-headed stupidity you encounter in this game is staggering.

Schmiznurf

I do.

I'm one of the rare decent Octane players, definitely don't do any of that stuff :lol:

Schmiznurf

This is from a game yesterday, killed the same guy twice with both his deathboxes being in the same spot :lol:

Grylte

Had one of the typhical games with randoms now.
We landed semi safe, had another team there, but we killed them, got decent loot, and then moved towards the cirlce.

One dude, Fuse, was obviously 200 meters ahead of us, and ran into a team. we followed, started poking them from the other side. Fuse died.
I pinged to tell the pathfinder (cnut took my Pathy!) that we should run back and go around to pick up banner, but the genious war running straight forward into the other team.
No surprise, he died.
I went around, picked up Fuse (not the tag, he was just downed), and then continiued to pick up Pathy. Fuse runs back into the team that was still nearby while i got Pathy's tag.
I take the jumpwater geysir thing, but then Fuse was dead, and we were flanked by another team, game over.

I did some rage whining in chat, asking why people can't think, why they run straight into other teams.
Know it'll never help, just needed to get it out.

People have watched Shroud or the pros play, and think they can do the same, 99% can not, or that it is the only "proper" playstyle, because you want to fight!

No, i want to win. I rather win a tactical game with 2-3 kills than die early with 5 kills. Easily.

Bosws87

It's like playing two different games depending on if you play on console or pc.

The style of play is totally different, its way more fast paced an aggressive on PC its a lot more tactical and slow on console.

Crossplay on this game seems to be done right imo, it's very rare unless i actually invite one of my friends on console that i ever come across another console/controller player in my games.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
That Lifeline went full Iron Giant for me. I wasn't gonna let her sacrifice be in vain...

Out-juking an Octane as Wattson and punching him in the face, no better way to win a game.

Grylte

Finally had a really good game, 2nd straight win, 15 team kills, and good old me with a nice 2.1k dmg done and 6 kills.

Better take a break now, everything from now will be a disappointment :P

Bosws87

Nice - do you actually play with music in the background!? I need to listen out for movement so couldn’t have that as a distraction.
Yeh thats straight from my twitch stream, sound isn't as vital in this game as you can turn a fight its not like warzone when your dead instantly!

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
FFS just won a game and because it finished at 18:01 I didn’t get my points.
Update there for anyone else yet? Still not live on PS….

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
Did not know there was an active community here. I play quite often, hard stuck in plat. No funny Revtane business, I'm just a humble Bloodhound with an heirloom.

I 'support' TSM - watching Snipedown with a Prowler is as good as it gets. Also glad that Aceu is back playing regularly - his West Frag building videos keep my breakfast company.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Did not know there was an active community here. I play quite often, hard stuck in plat. No funny Revtane business, I'm just a humble Bloodhound with an heirloom.

I 'support' TSM - watching Snipedown with a Prowler is as good as it gets. Also glad that Aceu is back playing regularly - his West Frag building videos keep my breakfast company.
I’ve no idea what that second paragraph means.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
It's like playing two different games depending on if you play on console or pc.

The style of play is totally different, its way more fast paced an aggressive on PC its a lot more tactical and slow on console.

Crossplay on this game seems to be done right imo, it's very rare unless i actually invite one of my friends on console that i ever come across another console/controller player in my games.
There's a hack in the game. Plug in a controller while you're on keyboard and tape down the LT/Sprint, and you can get aim assist with the keyboard. Your movement is a bit jarred, but the R99 spray will be fun.

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian

I enjoy watching Timmy.
I watch a lot of Hal also