Appointing Solskjaer was a mistake

Status
Not open for further replies.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
We literally just hired the most wanted manager in world football outside of Pep with our last hire
No - Klopp went to Liverpool. We hired a mercenary with outdated footballing ideas.

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
Ooh yes, just what we need - another sacking of a manager at Manchester United!

This will be an especially useful tactic when it comes to trying to secure new players of proven character and ability. Why wouldn't they want to come to a United in turmoil that has just sacked its fourth manager since Sir Alex?
So whats the answer continue with a manager who everyone thought was under qualified 6 months ago, who initial success seems to have just been a incredible bounce and is now very obviously struggling to motivate the team.

Would it be better if we didn't need to fire another manager? of course (ESPECIALLY OLE!!!!) but its better to do that then continue with something that very clearly seems to have been a rash decision.

The very obvious problem is the person picking the managers and in general making the footballing decisions at the club is not very good at it. What clearly needs to happen is we bring some one (Or possibly a group of people) in with forward thinking ideas and proven experience of how to run and rebuild the football side of a club, let them appoint the manager and go from there.

ForestRGoinUp

It was a mistake. But we are stuck with it now and he deserves time. We can’t keep chopping and changing. He should at least have two summers to sort the squad. Then assess. We don’t have a divine right to be successful, it has to be earned (or bought with oil money).
If we all know it was a mistake you don't think players and agents know it was a mistake? You think he should get two summers to bring in B or C list players?

Saf94

I think people think top quality managers are everywhere and you just need to ‘pick’ the right guy. Does anyone think maybe we got Solskjaer because there are no good managers available? Likewise Mourinho and LVG were maybe the best (on paper) options at the time.

I mean who is a top manager right now who is available and would come? In world football there’s maybe like 3/4 genuinely top managers - Pep, Klopp, Poch and...

Like Bayern literally got Kovac and Madrid went for Lopetegui before luckily Zidane decided to return. If they couldn’t get top managers who would we get?

C'est Moi Cantona

Clearly a mistake, but I'm warming to it a bit more now, purely from the point of view that I don't think any manager could be expected to achieve much atm with this squad, but more so with the seemingly lack of any will to change the ambition/structure at the top, I mean where the heck is the DOF? Or was that just if we got Poch, there is no plan, we are rudderless, and it just looks hopeless.

So I hope when things come to head for Ole, which they will, then this time the fans will point the finger at who truly is to blame for all the mess, and Ole will walk away untainted.

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
It was a mistake. But we are stuck with it now and he deserves time. We can’t keep chopping and changing. He should at least have two summers to sort the squad. Then assess. We don’t have a divine right to be successful, it has to be earned (or bought with oil money).
Why would if you think it was a mistake would you go we should give him 2 summers? if you think you made the wrong appointment in no way should you trust some one to spend 100's of millions and over see what needs to be the biggest restructure of the club since the 80's. We can't just keep giving a manager 100's of millions then realising it was a mistake appoint a different manager and give them 100's of millions.

And we all know we don't have a divine right to be successful, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't try to be and want the club to be run in the way that gives us the best chance. Whatever level of football you support if you see the club making stupid decisions and the players not playing for the club or manager, you are gonna voice your opinion.

wolvored

It's crazy wanting Ole sacked, before he even gets a chance to put his stamp on the team. At least give him a couple of transfer windows before he is hung.
This.
Its absolutely ridiculous slagging him off when its the same players Mourinho couldnt get a tune out of. When Pogba plays the team plays. Pogba has switched off from full pelt to just doing bare minimum as he wants to leave to play for Zidane/Madrid, be in with a great chance of winning trophies, for which he isnt going to win here anytime soon.
Mourinho also fecked up the dynamics by insisting we got Sanchez in and Woody for paying him that much money. De Gea Rashford Herrera Mata would have all signed a new contract by now instead of demanding a lot more money than the club want to fund and the harmony would have been better. Whether the play would have been the same, who knows?
It could all turn to shit and we finish 7th next season, but without giving him at least 2 transfer windows, a pre season and a full season with new players in who knows? What other manager would we realistically be able to bring in and turn the club around in 12 months?

Rista

Even we are not that stupid. If he doesn't perform next season he's gone. "At least two summers" is not happening if we don't get CL.

wolvored

We literally just hired the most wanted manager in world football outside of Pep with our last hire and he couldnt turn us into a decent side playing fantastic football and by all accounts managers were interested in the job to an extent. Woodward gave into nepotism and we're going to struggle for at least two more years because of it.
Thats better. Edited for you.

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
Clearly a mistake, but I'm warming to it a bit more now, purely from the point of view that I don't think any manager could be expected to achieve much atm with this squad, but more so with the seemingly lack of any will to change the ambition/structure at the top, I mean where the heck is the DOF? Or was that just if we got Poch, there is no plan, we are rudderless, and it just looks hopeless.

So I hope when things come to head for Ole, which they will, then this time the fans will point the finger at who truly is to blame for all the mess, and Ole will walk away untainted.
Im very much in the camp of appointing Ole on a permanent bases was a mistake, but in no way do I blame him, this mess is due to a decade of bad management, bad investment, lack of planning and general neglect.

Ole is one of my all time favorite United players he will always be loved at Old Trafford, and for me that won't change no matter how this ends, which I suspect will be badly.

Bestietom

Maybe I am a bit more optimistic than most on here, but I think that if Ole is backed well in the transfer market this summer and he brings in his own type of player we could be challenging sooner than everyone else think.

We have Ole and Phelan, who will be putting their thoughts together to strengthen in the right areas, and if they can get the right players (5/6) we could kickstart next season challenging for honours. But we definitely need at least 5 players brought in.

Fosu-Mens

Maybe I am a bit more optimistic than most on here, but I think that if Ole is backed well in the transfer market this summer and he brings in his own type of player we could be challenging sooner than everyone else think.

We have Ole and Phelan, who will be putting their thoughts together to strengthen in the right areas, and if they can get the right players (5/6) we could kickstart next season challenging for honours. But we definitely need at least 5 players brought in.
Top 4 is the best we are going to get with those two, and most other managers at the helm.

I think most of us will agree that a team needs to be very good at possession (City) or high pressing (Liverpool) and good in the other area in modern football. We are neither, and i have serious doubt regarding OGS + coaching team making our team good enough in either of those two areas long term regardless of who we buy.

Bestietom

Top 4 is the best we are going to get with those two, and most other managers at the helm.

I think most of us will agree that a team needs to be very good at possession (City) or high pressing (Liverpool) and good in the other area in modern football. We are neither, and i have serious doubt regarding OGS + coaching team making our team good enough in either of those two areas long term regardless of who we buy.
That remains to be seen Mate. We all have our opinions but we don't have a crystal ball to see the future. Let's see where this transfer window takes us and we will all have an idea where we are heading.

Fosu-Mens

That remains to be seen Mate. We all have our opinions but we don't have a crystal ball to see the future. Let's see where this transfer window takes us and we will all have an idea where we are heading.
It was clear as day that Mourinho would crash this season before it even started, and given that we do not have a new DoF, our "best" players wants out, no CL-attraction... The club is not going to find the players that are good enough and willing to come to our club without massively overpaying in wages and fees. And only two players in the squad are suited to play possession and high pressing. Most of our squad are not suited to either approach, and a number of these players are on incomprehensible contracts.
OGS and Phelan are not able(based on OGS time in Molde and Cardiff and Phelans time under SAF+++) to teach the team how to control games and attack against teams sitting low, and relying on high pressing alone is not sustainable through a whole season.

Best we can hope for is that the clubs value and profitability starts to drop, making the Glazers more likely to sell for a fee affordable by people other than oilstates. Only way we are going to see some success long term.

Revaulx

Ed will look an idiot if he sacks Ole right now.

He will look an even bigger idiot, particularly in the eyes of the Glazers, if he hands Ole £200m to spend this summer and we are still crap in September.

I suspect that the muppets on here will be disappointed; our transfer spend will be modest and there will be few enforced departures. Most of the spend will be on replacements for players who have opted to leave.

peridigm

Ed will look an idiot if he sacks Ole right now.

He will look an even bigger idiot, particularly in the eyes of the Glazers, if he hands Ole £200m to spend this summer and we are still crap in September.

I suspect that the muppets on here will be disappointed; our transfer spend will be modest and there will be few enforced departures. Most of the spend will be on replacements for players who have opted to leave.
There is only one way Ed does not look like an idiot. He needs to give him the transfers he wants, and Ole needs to be successful. Any other outcome, Ed is an idiot.
What I want to see first and foremost is a clear out of deadwood, under performing, or egotistical players who don't want to play for United. You can argue this would be almost the entire starting 11 which is not realistic to be changed in a single window, let alone two windows. Whatever the case, Ed will feck it up if he is in charge of who gets signed and who leaves.

Revaulx

There is only one way Ed does not look like an idiot. He needs to give him the transfers he wants, and Ole needs to be successful. Any other outcome, Ed is an idiot.
What I want to see first and foremost is a clear out of deadwood, under performing, or egotistical players who don't want to play for United. You can argue this would be almost the entire starting 11 which is not realistic to be changed in a single window, let alone two windows. Whatever the case, Ed will feck it up if he is in charge of who gets signed and who leaves.
Oh I agree with all of that. The thing is, Ed has been made to look an idiot time and time again and is still getting away with it. Hell, some people on here reckon none of it's his fault. The only chance we have of him being removed from footballing matters is if he pisses off the Glazers and they start to ask questions.

peridigm

Oh I agree with all of that. The thing is, Ed has been made to look an idiot time and time again and is still getting away with it. Hell, some people on here reckon none of it's his fault. The only chance we have of him being removed from footballing matters is if he pisses off the Glazers and they start to ask questions.
That won't happen until the money takes a hit which is coming soon enough. We're in decline. It's only a matter of time before we have no star power and sponsor money starts to drop off.

fastwalker

There are pros and cons about Ole. His connection with the club, legendary status on the terraces and record-breaking first three months mean that you cannot ignore him as a viable candidate. However, against him is his complete lack of top level managerial experience at a big club, unsuccessful spell at Cardiff and recent run of poor results. The bigger question is whether Ole would still have been appointed if the Board had waited until the end of the season? Maybe he would.

That said, football fans are fickle. Who questioned Ole's appointment after the PSG victory and before the Arsenal defeat? Personally I think that you have to almost scrub this season and allow Ole to have at least two transfer windows and a full season to really assess his performance and suitability for the role. I am hoping that he will get that time to prove himself. The challenges at United are complex and the problems are deep-rooted. Long term success is unlikely to be achieved in one season. I think you are looking at a rebuilding process over two or three seasons at least (and probably much longer). There is dead wood that needs to be removed, new players that need to be brought in and a professional culture to be re-established. In addition there is the compounding effect of what City and Liverpool are going to do. Both are sure to strengthen in the summer and have clearly shown this season that the bar has now been raised. Chances are that we will never again see a Premier League title won with less than 95 points. This is greater than any points total that United achieved.

The key thing is what will Ole's performance targets be for next season and the season after? I think at the very least he will be expected to finish top four on a consistent basis, with evidence of a steady narrowing of the points gap between the leaders. I really cannot imagine with the scope and scale of investment that United will make in the summer (£200m plus) that the Board will accept anything less than that, nor should they in my view. The big ask is whether the Board can hold their nerve if things are not progressing as expected. Will they give Ole time to turn things round or will they react to media pressure, possible fan unrest and the negative impact on financial results and get rid of him?

Bobski

He has had no opportunity to put any of his own stamp on the squad and is dealing with the horrific transfer work of a succession of managers. Signs 4/5 in the Summer and if there is still no sign of improvement then he is fair game but until that change in the squad occurs he is is pretty much still a caretaker manager or Janitor trying to flush the shite out.

C'est Moi Cantona

Im very much in the camp of appointing Ole on a permanent bases was a mistake, but in no way do I blame him, this mess is due to a decade of bad management, bad investment, lack of planning and general neglect.

Ole is one of my all time favorite United players he will always be loved at Old Trafford, and for me that won't change no matter how this ends, which I suspect will be badly.
It's going to be difficult for the Glazers/Ed this time around, I think most people were happy to take it on face value that Moyes, LvG, and Jose were the problem, this time though whilst I'm not too sure there's many out there who think Ole is the right choice for us long term, and is quite likely going to have his limitations under whatever conditions he finds himself in at United, I don't think anyone will buy him as been at fault, or the take him as the 'fall guy' this time, so it could really get messy when this unravels.

Ole could hopefully be the one to finally turn the attention firmly back where it should be.

United Hobbit

I wasn't sure about him, however also really enjoyed his fantastic run of games when he first arrived, leading me to think they almost had to hire him, imagine if someone else came in then the utter dross from the last few games was served up, you'd get the "should have given it to Ole" shouts. However if we had waited would the initial run have been "forgotten," making it easier for someone else to come in as the strongest memory would be of the recent "form?" The other thing to look at is we dont know what went on behind the scenes, how do we know they didn't try and get Pochettino but he turned us down. How would we feel if we had paid his release clause and the players continued to serve up these "performances" under him?

While Jose was a big part of his own downfall, I can see some of his points regarding the players.

What is starting to worry me about Ole is he's good at saying the right things but doesn't follow through. He talks of playing the kids, we have only really seen Chong occasionally and he used a couple at the end of the PSG game but cynically would say he was forced to due to the injuries. He may have his own reasons for not playing them, plus do we want them in this toxic dressing room, with the other players potentially throwing them under the bus? He also mentions no ones place is safe but is on the point of showing the same "favouritism " Jose was criticised for with his continued selection of "Rashy."
Can he be trusted to act on his word and be properly ruthless in his assurances that some of these players wont be at United next season? Obviously cost of replacements, players wanting to join and being able to find suitable clubs that will pay a suitable fee isnt all in his hands but he needs to be seen to follow through with his words or questions will start to be asked and while it shouldn't it makes him look weak. I could go in and say all the right things, so could a lot of people on this forum as there have been some excellent posts, but actually doing it is another matter, same with setting up the team. I certainly would not be able to go in and actually do the actions and tactical set ups needed but could say the right things. However this is why the only way I'll ever be manager of Manchester United is on Fifa, does Ole have the skills and knowledge to be? I think the job is a lot lot bigger than first thought.

This leads me to the potential of if he is backed in the summer window, and we cant deny the club have supported managers, the main reason Jose wasnt backed this summer was probably he was starting to cause problems and had already spent lots with his signings not working out. However if we give Ole money, he buys unsuitable players, cant get rid of the deadwood, we play the same dross football, keep losing and he is sacked, we potentially have players signed by Sir Alex, Moyes, LVG, Jose and Ole for the next manager to have to sort. However with the state of the squad he needs to be given the money

Ole's inexperience would potentially be fine if he was in a good set up, surrounded by an experienced DOF, good scouts (why have Liverpool been able to sign the likes of Andy Robertson when we deem Fred etc a suitable signing?) Apart from Mike Phelan his match day coaching staff also have a lot of inexperience, we thought it was a huge step up for Moyes but this is probably far bigger. It almost needs to be the same set up people argue we haven't got for playing the kids- a good set of experienced people around Ole at the club eg DOF etc who can help support him and he isnt just thrown in at the deep end. Obviously not all Ole's fault but would the same structure be as fundamental if we got say Pep?

Also I've been perhaps fortunate to have been busy and missed the last 2 games apart from the 2nd half yesterday but Ole looks to be very passive, often each time he is shown he is sitting down. It may be a very unfair observation and obviously only see what the TV producers choose to show us but is he mostly sat down? Obviously it may just be his management style but it just adds weight to the he doesn't know how to change things so no point in him getting up/ he is overwhelmed. It is borderline Moyes like there was that game where we were toiling and Moyes was sat with his head in his hand it made me really angry as he should have been working out how to try and fix it.

Also the players have a lot to answer for, notice how quick they were to cry for Ole to be given the job when we were on that successful run then they go and perform like that for him with the odd exception eg Mc T who is one of the few to emerge with credit from this spell.

He should almost start by cancelling the end of season awards bar the women's and the kids ones. Yes on the thread about said awards its mentioned Huddersfield still had them, however with no disrespect to Huddersfield the standards there are a lot different. Which of our players has performed consistently throughout the season? Ole says we aren't performing as expected for Manchester United players so why should anyone get an award that awards the performances over the year for Manchester United?

Obviously I hope Ole succeeds and if he does fail it wont all be his fault however he needs to do everything he can such as getting the players fit, following through with his words and shipping out players as itll put him in the best possible position to succeed however the club needs to also look at what's around him and put the right set up in place to help him.

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
It's going to be difficult for the Glazers/Ed this time around, I think most people were happy to take it on face value that Moyes, LvG, and Jose were the problem, this time though whilst I'm not too sure there's many out there who think Ole is the right choice for us long term, and is quite likely going to have his limitations under whatever conditions he finds himself in at United, I don't think anyone will buy him as been at fault, or the take him as the 'fall guy' this time, so it could really get messy when this unravels.

Ole could hopefully be the one to finally turn the attention firmly back where it should be.
The problem is realistically fans are pretty powerless to do anything glazers or Woodward, look at the green and gold campaign it failed miserably, look at Newcastle and their issues with Ashley.

Realistically if this all goes tits up next year only Ole is likely to get fired and fans will accept that because they don’t have much choice.

Web of Bissaka

One summer (for transfers and pre-season preparations) is more than enough to see if Ole at the wheel is driving this team on the right track or not.
We can only judge his summer for these.
  • squad management -- who stay and who gets kicked out.
  • transfers out
  • transfers in
  • pre-season games may offer some indications of the 4 things below, not clear enough.
I expect people to ridicule whatever happens in the summer. Eg. players whom fans don't want. I wouldn't make early judgment, it's possible the players can turn out to be a good buy at least. Who knows. Good pre-season games meant jack s-nothing. The one that matters the most is the matches next season. Pre-season can be so deceiving.

Same rubbish at the start of next season, and appointing him will thus be a mistake.
3 to 5 official games (not pre-season) should be more than enough to see everything.
  • clear and good identity of team playstyle -- it's a mess now.
  • high fitness, motivations and workrate by players -- which he preached a lot in interviews.
  • good decisions makings -- in tactic, formations, starting 11, player selections, etc.
  • good managing -- do what he claimed and do the right things eg. ruthless in dropping players? younger players than older? he sure said a lot of fancy words about it.
Don't care about the match results if he pass those 4 minimum requirements.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
I think every coach deserves at least a transfer window and a pre-season. OGS hasn't gotten either of those yet. Now, I do lean more towards it's a mistake purely on his personality and the way the squad quickly regressed to the mean with him, along with the results, almost as soon as he signed his permanent deal. I think the smart move would have been to wait until the end of the season, as OGS is not going anywhere. Let's be clear, OGS has won the lottery despite how crappy the situation is at United, he doesn't have the pedigree to be anywhere near a top club based on his merit as a manager; so he wouldn't have gone anywhere else, even as interim.

I think making him the permanent manager was a move to try and buy back some good-will from the fans at Old Trafford on the part of Woody. It was a rash decision, thought to be done in good timing which, as it often does with Woody's decisions, quickly backfired.

Can OGS turn it around next season? I'm highly skeptical. From his personality, to his lack of initiation on a tactical level/changes, I'm just not sure he's a good manager. By the start of next year, it should be undeniably clear. The problem is, who do you find that would actually take care of the managerial issue, especially when it's just not the biggest issue at the club as the structure itself of the footballing side in upper-management is a joke compared to other top clubs around the world?

The players/coach will be the easiest scapegoat for this club's form, but there is only one true constant in the last 6 years of mediocrity, and it's Ed Woodward and the structure of the club.

C'est Moi Cantona

The problem is realistically fans are pretty powerless to do anything glazers or Woodward, look at the green and gold campaign it failed miserably, look at Newcastle and their issues with Ashley.

Realistically if this all goes tits up next year only Ole is likely to get fired and fans will accept that because they don’t have much choice.
Yes I understand this, as I said in the Glazer Out thread, you can't force someone to sell their house if they don't want to, even less so if there's no buyers, which is quite likely.

It'd just be nice to see some sort of concerted pressure on the Glazers again, even it's only a token effort, and to be fair the green & gold thing was done in a position of weakness last time, i.e. we still had SAF, so it was hard to really get behind for many, now it would likely be very different and more sustained, however futile.

Rusholme Ruffian

I think every coach deserves at least a transfer window and a pre-season. OGS hasn't gotten either of those yet.
True. He has had half a season as a complete free hit though - with very little in the way of expectations or pressure. A lot of managers would kill for that kind of introduction to a new club. I'm afraid though that that does mean the pressure will be on in the early part of next season moreso than it would be for a new guy coming in in the summer. I mean Ole must know the squad inside out now - really he has far less of an excuse for not hitting the ground running in August than he would if he had only just been appointed.

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
Yes I understand this, as I said in the Glazer Out thread, you can't force someone to sell their house if they don't want to, even less so if there's no buyers, which is quite likely.

It'd just be nice to see some sort of concerted pressure on the Glazers again, even it's only a token effort, and to be fair the green & gold thing was done in a position of weakness last time, i.e. we still had SAF, so it was hard to really get behind for many, now it would likely be very different and more sustained, however futile.
I don’t really have a problem with people going back to the green and gold, I think it’s completely futile and realistically just a symbolic gesture rather then a real protest and god knows if the Glazers ever did leave (which seems unlikely in the coming years), whose to say who ever ever came would be any better football is littered with corrupt billionaires messing up football clubs.

All I’m hoping for is at some point we stumble on to the idea the we need some one to come in and rebuild and reinvent the footballing structure of the club and we actually manage to get someone in who could do that.

C'est Moi Cantona

I don’t really have a problem with people going back to the green and gold, I think it’s completely futile and realistically just a symbolic gesture rather then a real protest and god knows if the Glazers ever did leave (which seems unlikely in the coming years), whose to say who ever ever came would be any better football is littered with corrupt billionaires messing up football clubs.

All I’m hoping for is at some point we stumble on to the idea the we need some one to come in and rebuild and reinvent the footballing structure of the club and we actually manage to get someone in who could do that.
Rewind to just after the Jose sacking and that was exactly what we about to try to do, or at least give it a go anyway, Ed couldn't wait to tell us, but all it took was yet another false dawn to just throw it away again, but perhaps it was all just BS anyway.

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
Rewind to just after the Jose sacking and that was exactly what we about to try to do, or at least give it a go anyway, Ed couldn't wait to tell us, but all it took was yet another false dawn to just throw it away again, but perhaps it was all just BS anyway.
Yeah, their was a thread around at the time saying basically saying if Solskjaer does well it will give Woodward an excuse not to properly address the structural issues at the club and just appoint him. At the time i didn't think anything of it as I couldn't imagine us really going down the route of appointing Solskjaer on a permanent bases. With his incredible new manager bounce thats exactly what happened though.

United Hobbit

I know this could be asked of any other manager we appointed and I honestly have no answer but the question to ask is IF we give Ole 3/ 4 years, put in the correct structure to support him, sign the correct players and ship out the deadwood, do we think he could get us to where Liverpool and City are now? Could that be us turning around a 3-0 first leg tie to reach the CL final while playing high intensity exciting football? Obviously City seem to be unable to progress further in the CL but I can see it happening soon enough. Could Ole get us over 90 points which seems to be the new benchmark, while teams around us and our rivals strengthen?

Dont get me wrong I'd absolutely love him to succeed and be properly supported, we scout the correct signings but watching that tonight made me realise just how far we are away. I honestly could not answer if Ole is the man to get us there. And that is with the imagined scenario we put the proper set up in place to support him. We need to set him up to succeed. It worries me City are already being linked with players people have mentioned on this forum as being good signings for United while we seem to just be taking a back seat, if we are having a decent clear out we need to get into motion asap. How come Barca were able to sign De Jong wasn't that outside the transfer window? I know they dont have him yet but he is their player and if they hadn't signed him and he won/ played well in a CL final his value would potentially be even greater. Why aren't we acting like this?

gulli_G

Give Ole at least a few transfer windows.

Last edited:

Will Singh

It's crazy wanting Ole sacked, before he even gets a chance to put his stamp on the team. At least give him a couple of transfer windows before he is hung.
The thing is any manager would need more then a couple of transfer windows to sort this mess out, the question is is Ole the right person to rebuild this team?

It's either go all in and give Ole 2 full seasons or get rid of him now and bring in Poch. I think we were all so happy the bounce we got when Ole came in but it just papered over the cracks and now those cracks have widened.

gulli_G

The thing is any manager would need more then a couple of transfer windows to sort this mess out, the question is is Ole the right person to rebuild this team?

It's either go all in and give Ole 2 full seasons or get rid of him now and bring in Poch. I think we were all so happy the bounce we got when Ole came in but it just papered over the cracks and now those cracks have widened.
Ole is showing Cajones by his ruthlessnes, with for example Valencia mid season, some players will be gone I am sure of it, over time who he is getting rid of will be more important every transfer window.

He will eventually replace most of the starting line up.

Status
Not open for further replies.