Appointing Solskjaer was a mistake

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaglish10

You can compensate for the lack of natural work ethic in a player by surrounding them with more mobile, energetic players. When I watched Barcelona play, Messi and Suarez and even Busquet are not that mobile of the ball, but Barcelona still adopt an effective pressing game.

At United, what Ole should have done is give Pogba, Martial and Lukaku limited defensive responsibility that Messi, Suarez, and Busquet has at Barcelona and surround those players with the likes of Lingard, McTominay, Fred, Pereira, Herrera, and/or Rashford and ensure these more mobile and fit players are consistently or smart pressing the opposition. This balance will give these players with limited defense responsibilities more energy to influence our attacking play. It is the setup and managerial instructions that should have been worked on, to get our players to outwork those Everton players.

Lingard, Rashford and Fred aren’t just decent squad players and they showed the capacity to be effective first team players if utilized properly. Fred was the best player beside Messi on the pitch when he came up against Barcelona, Rashford was more talented at a younger age than Kane at that similar age, plus he has a better goal scoring record than Rooney if that chart that was posted by a member on this forum was accurate. Lingard, is an English international and is the type of player that will work hard for the team and give us a better balance. Beside those players, there are McTominay, Pereira, Sanchez, Herrera, and we can even go to our academy and give Greenwood and Gomes or Chong a chance.

No one will convince me that this team lacks quality players. The honeymoon period is all the proof I need that the players we have are good enough to compete at a high level. We just need a few additions and a better footballing philosophy.
How dare you compare this team to a Barcelona team? Messi on a wheelchair is far better than any of our players. Likewise Suarez who's a superior forward to Lukaku or Rashford. Busquet is also quality and when he's on form, none in our midfield can match him.

And when you add Arthur, Rakitic, Dembele who are quality mobile players. These players don't just provide mobility but are actually offer quality on the pitch and when you consider the fact that Barca don't have clowns in defence like ours, that makes it a terrific team.

I can't even get my head around the fact that you actually think Lingard should be starting for us. How many goals and assists did he have for England during their world cup campaign? One fact is Lingard is even more useless when he's not providing this work rate he's known to offer and this has been happening lately. When you consider that our right wing has no threat to offer the opposition makes it even more shameful. Just look at the game against Everton, only Martial was able to offer some threat on the left side hence he was easily nullified. What do you think would have happened if we had two quality attacking forwards/wingers on the wings against Everton? We wouldn't have been easily nullified and Everton players, especially Digne would have been scared to come forward.

Don't even get me started on Rashford who's more of a headless chicken and also wasteful these days. He was even lazy yesterday. Personally, I think neither the one footed Rashford nor Lukaku should lead our attack if we want to return back to our glory days. While Fred has been good recently, he's been highly inconsistent, especially his techniques and his best position seems to clash with that of Pogba. I'm still on the fence with him.

We could say MCTominay should have started instead of Matic yesterday but the fact that we've got average immobile players shouldn't be understated.

We will need to revamp the whole team in the summer. We need two quality ball playing center backs, a right fullback, two central midfielders, a quality central forward and right winger in the summer. That's the cold fact staring at us in the eyes. Anyone who say otherwise would be lying to himself.

Inter Yer Nan

Maybe his own great start shot him in the foot and we've leveled out. He's not an experienced manager and he's inherited a squad that is not good enough, has a poor attitude and has had years of under achievement. I am not saying he's the right man or the wrong man but it's clear we aren't competing for the league until 2021/2022 season if we get everything right. That would be the case with a more experienced manager or one with a great track record.

I think we need to lose between 10-14 of the current squad and need around 10 signings and some of the youngsters to come through well. You can't do all that in one summer. A lot has to go right. Needs to start with a DOF and we need a defined playing style.

nainaisson

Mourinho's inter-personal skills were pathetic and his sacking raised morale and spirits and vastly improves results. But the players are now back to their old habits and unfortunately Ole has no hairdryer.
You have no idea what's going on in training or in the dressing room after a game. You're making assumptions based on caricatures of managers created by the gutter press, who are more often than not just paid liars.

Reactions: Gandalf Greyhame

Josh 76

We just need a manager, who has his philosophy of playing, then identifying players who can implement that philosophy best. They don't have to be world superstars. (Mane, Salah, Wynaldham, Milner, Robinson, Son, Ali,) just a few examples of building a team rather than buying a team.

Ole talks a good game. He wants his team to be the fittest, high energy and counter attacking. So I'm willing to be patient with this plan.

What Utd need is a team off the pitch to help Ole build this. That's from Assitant manager through to DOF.

Poch still would have been my first Choice, but without what I've said above, it doesn't matter who the manager is (This is our 4th one), we need a similar approach to our rivals.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
It was 100% at one point. His win % is going down really fast.
That's the worry - that the initial period of incredible win percentage was very much the exception, and that the current is the rule.

However, after Wednesday, let's hope we win every game again!

bonothom

Looking like it was a mistake. They didn't even need to make a decision until the end of the season either. I'm thinking probably end of October, United mid to lower table, 10 points off top and they'll probably fire him.

shaky

That's the worry - that the initial period of incredible win percentage was very much the exception, and that the current is the rule.

However, after Wednesday, let's hope we win every game again!
So the majority of his games are the exception, and the smaller sample of poor recent results are the rule? Seems fair.

lRed

Maybe his own great start shot him in the foot and we've leveled out. He's not an experienced manager and he's inherited a squad that is not good enough, has a poor attitude and has had years of under achievement. I am not saying he's the right man or the wrong man but it's clear we aren't competing for the league until 2021/2022 season if we get everything right. That would be the case with a more experienced manager or one with a great track record.

I think we need to lose between 10-14 of the current squad and need around 10 signings and some of the youngsters to come through well. You can't do all that in one summer. A lot has to go right. Needs to start with a DOF and we need a defined playing style.
Stop being so overwhelmed, sell 14 players and buy 10 ? Where do you live ?

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Are you people suggesting that someone else would have had this team in a better league and form position than we are currently in? What is your basis for making that statement? Who, and how would he have done it?

Inter Yer Nan

Stop being so overwhelmed, sell 14 players and buy 10 ? Where do you live ?
Eh? Sell between 10-14 but 10 and integrate around 4 youngsters from the academy and do it over two summers. We keep the squad size, get rid of the dross, replace with quality and players that want to play for the club.

Not rocket science but also it's a process that needs time.

Seveneric

Like I said when his appointment was made permanent, I still haven't seen a good reason why United didn't just wait till the end of the season and gauge how he finished before appointing him. It's not like there was any hurry and it's not as if United needed a permanent manager to pursue summer signings or something.

Last edited:

SAFMUTD

Is anybody else getting tired of him mentioning Sir Alex in every conference or is it just me?

Ixion

Like I said when his appointment was made permanent, I still haven't seen a good reason why United didn't just wait till the end of the season and gauge how he finished before appointing him. It's not like there was any hurry and it's not like United needed a permanent manager to pursue summer signings or something.
PSG result blinded a lot of people.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
How dare you compare this team to a Barcelona team? Messi on a wheelchair is far better than any of our players. Likewise Suarez who's a superior forward to Lukaku or Rashford. Busquet is also quality and when he's on form, none in our midfield can match him.

And when you add Arthur, Rakitic, Dembele who are quality mobile players. These players don't just provide mobility but are actually offer quality on the pitch and when you consider the fact that Barca don't have clowns in defence like ours, that makes it a terrific team.
:lol: I am only comparing from a tactical point of view. These players I stated can be deployed similar to those Barcelona players with regards to work ethic. It has nothing to do with ability or a concept that is exclusive to Barcelona players :lol:.

I get it you want to play football manager and sell all of our players because you don’t think they are good enough. You would struggle to support or understand a team like Arsenal, Spurs or Ajax who are doing well in competition with even worse players than us. Quality can be a mental phenomena and good managers can make the players you think are so bad at United decent footballers as we saw with Fergruson over many years.

I can't even get my head around the fact that you actually think Lingard should be starting for us. How many goals and assists did he have for England during their world cup campaign? One fact is Lingard is even more useless when he's not providing this work rate he's known to offer and this has been happening lately. When you consider that our right wing has no threat to offer the opposition makes it even more shameful. Just look at the game against Everton, only Martial was able to offer some threat on the left side hence he was easily nullified. What do you think would have happened if we had two quality attacking forwards/wingers on the wings against Everton? We wouldn't have been easily nullified and Everton players, especially Digne would have been scared to come forward.

Don't even get me started on Rashford who's more of a headless chicken and also wasteful these days. He was even lazy yesterday. Personally, I think neither the one footed Rashford nor Lukaku should lead our attack if we want to return back to our glory days. While Fred has been good recently, he's been highly inconsistent, especially his techniques and his best position seems to clash with that of Pogba. I'm still on the fence with him.
Lingard is capable of starting a few games for us, but he shouldn’t be our main right attacker next season. I have belief in his ability that he could provide good support to a player like Sancho or Odoi in our team. His goal scoring record is good enough for United considering his role he would play in our team. You may think that Rashford is a headless chicken, but his stats says otherwise and he is more accomplished than you would have believed. Fred has always been good, it is just that he was not given the opportunity by our managers similar to Herrera under Mourinho and Van Gaal.

We could say MCTominay should have started instead of Matic yesterday but the fact that we've got average immobile players shouldn't be understated.

We will need to revamp the whole team in the summer. We need two quality ball playing center backs, a right fullback, two central midfielders, a quality central forward and right winger in the summer. That's the cold fact staring at us in the eyes. Anyone who say otherwise would be lying to himself.
Yes in football manager we do.

Ixion

For some further perspective Ole current holds a 64.0% win ratio at the club, Sir Alex finished on 59.7%. No manager will win every game. Some expectations are far too high, he may not turn out to be a success - but at least give him a proper chance before calling for his head.
This is a really silly argument that at different points was used for Moyes and Mourinho too, having a higher win % than SAF. It's just such a ridiculous comparison when one is over 1000 games and the other over a handful. It's meaningless.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
This is a really silly argument that at different points was used for Moyes and Mourinho too, having a higher win % than SAF. It's just such a ridiculous comparison when one is over 1000 games and the other over a handful. It's meaningless.
I agree about the win percentage side of things, but the general point about giving Solskjaer time still stands, surely?

Moyes was given the benefit of a pre-season and two transfer windows. Mourinho was given two full seasons and a third summer. Solskjaer wasn't even afforded a budget for the one transfer window he's seen.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
So the majority of his games are the exception, and the smaller sample of poor recent results are the rule? Seems fair.
Recency. It's been about 2months of dross now. That's the concern.

Ixion

I agree about the win percentage side of things, but the general point about giving Solskjaer time still stands, surely?

Moyes was given the benefit of a pre-season and two transfer windows. Mourinho was given two full seasons and a third summer. Solskjaer wasn't even afforded a budget for the one transfer window he's seen.
Yes I would give him next season (I'm not against Ole just that particular win % argument, I've seen it before). We've given him the contract we might as well give him the transfer window and the chance to weed out a few players, find a couple of decent youth players.

We should accept next season we'll probably finish 6th again but use it to establish a new base team and style of football.

lysglimt

Scout
He takes over a team which everyone knows is not good enough.
He manages to get the team back into a battle for top-4 - despite not having a transfer window to sign his players
And when the team collapses in one match - he should be fired.

Thank God Internet didn't properly exist when United went 13 games without a win in 1989/90

I have said it before - and I ll say it again. Maybe OGS will prove to be a failure - but give him at least a transfer window before calling for his head - this is simply pathetic

Acole9

Outstanding
Is anybody else getting tired of him mentioning Sir Alex in every conference or is it just me?
The whole mentioning the glory days, 1999 etc. Is getting rather tiresome, it was 20 years ago football has evolved and moved on a fair bit since then. This is a small part of the reason we're not pushing forward.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
He takes over a team which everyone knows is not good enough.
He manages to get the team back into a battle for top-4 - despite not having a transfer window to sign his players
And when the team collapses in one match - he should be fired.

Thank God Internet didn't properly exist when United went 13 games without a win in 1989/90

I have said it before - and I ll say it again. Maybe OGS will prove to be a failure - but give him at least a transfer window before calling for his head - this is simply pathetic
I think wanting Ole to get sacked is idiotic. But even as someone that absolutely buys into Ole, it's not one match. We have been poor for quite a while. I'd say we've had 5 weeks of sub-par performances.

SlimDizzle075

Some of you guys are extremely confusing with the way you rate and discuss players/managers. Everything is one extreme or the other. You slag our players as being crap week in and week out (unless someone else says they are crap, then you argue on their behalf). but then you expect a new manager to come in with the same group of players and work miracles. The majority of this group of players are on there 3rd or 4th manager in the last 5 years. And in case you haven't been watching the same exact patterns exist through out each managers term. Occasional flashes of brilliance or vintage United, matched with sometimes weeks of uninspired lazy crap football. So we had huge arguments on here between the "top Reds" and the "Jose Fanboys", with each side digging their heels in. and NO ONE learned anything from that experience? the truth is somewhere in the middle.

Lets look at Jose at a high level. I don't think anyone will argue that from a culture standpoint the way Jose built teams (spend spend spend, LOVES 30 year olds) and the playing style Jose deployed were never a good fit for what we expect from United. BUT, after stumbling through Moyes and LVG We wanted success. So we brought him in anyway. And when we stopped being successful with him in charge and the atmosphere was so vile, something had to give. It doesn't take a financial wizard to wrap your head around the concept that its easier and less expensive to sack a manager then an entire team. I also do not think that anyone will argue that the manager and leader of the club is largely responsible for that direction and atmosphere of the club. And at the end of Jose's term we had a vile atmosphere. Jose might not have been right for United, but at the same time Jose wasn't wrong in the things he said about this squad. The way he went about it and conducted himself was a HUGE problem however.

Fast Forward and lets look at Ole. the SAME exact squad under Ole plays like there hair is on fire for 15 games. You saw him do some great things tactically, our players worked hard, were fluid, and intensity levels were HIGH. yet here we are a month or so forward and we are in a horrible loosing streak. Why? You can easily look at the stats, and give the squad the old fashion eyeball test. the play has slowed to a crawl and the off ball running and work rate of the team is ZILCH. Everyone is stagnant, standing there like lamp poles in there position waiting. When they do get the ball at their feet, instead of quickly push up the field or distribute and move, they ALL stop and look and stand on the ball. During this pause the defense re-sets, our off ball movement is non existent and Ultimately whether it is the first pass or the 5th we turn possession over trying to force the ball to a man who is marked and or loose it dribbling at players in midfield because the only pass you have is sideways and backwards because everyone is marked and standing still. This attitude is not a managerial or tactical issue. it is the SAME crap we have done under each manager.

It wasn't Jose's fault this crop of players is lazy and spoiled, it was however Jose's fault that he was a miserable cnut who handled everything abrasively through the media. Ole ticks all of the boxes. He is "homegrown", loves "youth", wants to fluidly attack teams, demands work ethic and pride in the shirt. He keeps his harshest criticisms in the locker room while defending the player in the media. He is a PERFECT fit for United. EVERYTHING we have wanted in a manager. But just like it wasn't Jose's fault that the players "down tools" on him. It's not Ole's fault that he has a squad where the best players could care less and the ones that do care simply arent good enough. There is no formation or tactic that will fix that. yet some of you are here to call for him to get sacked? You think "potch" could come in and work miracles that Jose and Ole couldn't? based on what? his extensive trophy haul? Nope. Not me. Sack the people who assembled a team full of primadonas, sack the primadonas. but with Ole, IMO we got it right.

It's time to back Ole and hold the players responsible and if they can't take that level of responsibility then they need to go regardless of there standing in world football or the size of there contract. The club needs an ENEMA not a new manager.

Last edited:

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
Yes I would give him next season (I'm not against Ole just that particular win % argument, I've seen it before). We've given him the contract we might as well give him the transfer window and the chance to weed out a few players, find a couple of decent youth players.
I honestly think we really need to temper our expectations for next season, and possibly even the season after.

The squad needs such rejuvenation that I think, in all honesty, we may well end up 8th or 9th next season, and I'm not totally against that.

If Solskjaer can rid the club of the deadwood still floating around, and be ruthless where needed, bring in some fresh quality to key areas, and demonstrate that the foundations for future success are being laid, then I'm happy for us to have a year, even two, where top four is not the be all and end all of our season.

By the time year three rolls around, hopefully we'll be in a position to assert ourselves as a Champions League quality side, and from there progress to a side capable of winning the league.

I don't think this will be the reality of the situation though.

WYRM

By now, I think it's clear that our main problem is not the guy watching on the side lines but the chaps playing on the pitch. Moyes' quality as a coach might be debatable but there's no denying that LvG and Mourinho are top-notch coaches. If they can't manage to shape our squad into a team that can deliver on a consistent basis, I highly doubt anyone can. We could have Klopp, Poch or Guardiola as our coach, with this squad I don't see us challenging for titles.

Come to think of it, who of our players would make the first team at any of the other big clubs like Real Madrid, Barcelona or Bayern? De Gea, maybe. But who else? Some may argue Pogba, I doubt it. Not with his attitude and the performance he shows on the pitch, at least for us. Maybe he'd play better at a club he's more comfortable with. Although by now I also doubt it's so much an attitude issue as it's more an actual quality issue. He's a good midfielder but not a world-class midfielder. Not the kind of midfielder we'd need to challenge for titles.

In the past couple of years we have overpaid on bang average players who apparently aren't even good enough to compete with Everton. We've paid over 800 million pounds for transfers since SAF left, not even speaking about the grotesque wages we pay, and we have close to nothing to show for it.

I don't even know how we can get out of this terrible situation. Players like Sanchez will neaver leave us because they won't find any other club that pays them these obscene wages. We may be a wealthy club but even we can't afford all those dead weights plus actual quality players who won't come cheap either.

I fear we dug a hole that will take us a decade to get out of.

Reactions: Gandalf Greyhame

The_Order

Some of you guys are extremely confusing with the way you rate and discuss players/managers. Everything is one extreme or the other. You slag our players as being crap week in and week out (unless someone else says they are crap, then you argue on their behalf). but then you expect a new manager to come in with the same group of players and work miracles. The majority of this group of players are on there 3rd or 4th manager in the last 5 years. And in case you haven't been watching the same exact patterns exist through out each managers term. Occasional flashes of brilliance or vintage United, matched with sometimes weeks of uninspired lazy crap football. So we had huge arguments on here between the "top Reds" and the "Jose Fanboys", with each side digging their heels in. and NO ONE learned anything from that experience? the truth is somewhere in the middle.

Lets look at Jose at a high level. I don't think anyone will argue that from a culture standpoint the way Jose built teams (spend spend spend, LOVES 30 year olds) and the playing style Jose deployed were never a good fit for what we expect from United. BUT, after stumbling through Moyes and LVG We wanted success. So we brought him in anyway. And when we stopped being successful with him in charge and the atmosphere was so vile, something had to give. It doesn't take a financial wizard to wrap your head around the concept that its easier and less expensive to sack a manager then an entire team. I also do not think that anyone will argue that the manager and leader of the club is largely responsible for that direction and atmosphere of the club. And at the end of Jose's term we had a vile atmosphere. Jose might not have been right for United, but at the same time Jose wasn't wrong in the things he said about this squad. The way he went about it and conducted himself was a HUGE problem however.

Fast Forward and lets look at Ole. the SAME exact squad under Ole plays like there hair is on fire for 15 games. You saw him do some great things tactically, our players worked hard, were fluid, and intensity levels were HIGH. yet here we are a month or so forward and we are in a horrible loosing streak. Why? You can easily look at the stats, and give the squad the old fashion eyeball test. the play has slowed to a crawl and the off ball running and work rate of the team is ZILCH. Everyone is stagnant, standing there like lamp poles in there position waiting. When they do get the ball at their feet, instead of quickly push up the field or distribute and move, they ALL stop and look and stand on the ball. During this pause the defense re-sets, our off ball movement is non existent and Ultimately whether it is the first pass or the 5th we turn possession over trying to force the ball to a man who is marked and or loose it dribbling at players in midfield because the only pass you have is sideways and backwards because everyone is marked and standing still. This attitude is not a managerial or tactical issue. it is the SAME crap we have done under each manager.

It wasn't Jose's fault this crop of players is lazy and spoiled, it was however Jose's fault that he was a miserable cnut who handled everything abrasively through the media. Ole ticks all of the boxes. He is "homegrown", loves "youth", wants to fluidly attack teams, demands work ethic and pride in the shirt. He is a PERFECT fit for United. But just like it wasn't Jose's fault that the players "down tools" on him. It's not Ole's fault that he has a squad where the best players could care less and the ones that do care simply arent good enough. There is no formation or tactic that will fix that. yet some of you are here to call for him to get sacked? You think "potch" could come in and work miracles that Jose and Ole couldn't? based on what? his extensive trophy haul? Nope. Not me. Sack the people who assembled a team full of primadonas, sack the primadonas. but with Ole, IMO we got it right.

It's time to back Ole and hold the players responsible and if they can't take that level of responsibility then they need to go regardless of there standing in world football or the size of there contract. The club needs an ENEMA not a new manager.
A round of applause for this brilliant post.

Fans like you give me hope that most of our supporters aren't myopic, illogical, man-children with the memory of and analytical thinking of a paranoid gnat.

Well done, sir.

Mcking

Call for the axeman - he win % is not 100...
Yep, it isn't anymore. At one point last month, it was 82.4%. Few weeks later, it is down to 64%. I reckon by the end of the season, it wouldn't be so impressive anymore. One thing is sure though, his win ratio is going down pretty fast.

JustAGuest

Argument for what? Some people are acting as if he should be winning every game. The point is that his win ratio is very much in line with that you would expect (or even better). It's not the same as saying he is a better manager than SAF, no one believes that.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
It is a bit scary to think the repercussions of this being a bad idea considering we just gave him a 3 year deal but I can't imagine a team coached by Pep, Klopp or Pochettinho putting up the kind of performance we did at Everton.

redIndianDevil

A round of applause for this brilliant post.

Fans like you give me hope that most of our supporters aren't myopic, illogical, man-children with the memory of and analytical thinking of a paranoid gnat.

Well done, sir.
Oh Pochettino hasn't won anything but do you think winning the fecking Norwegian league matters? Ole can get what United is all about but if he doesn't have the coaching skills he can feck right off. Even you and me can tell players how to play but if that was all it took then there would be no need for managers or coaches or the expensive backroom staff.

redIndianDevil

Its another huge mistake, especially at a point where we need to do massive changes to our squad.

For me Ole was the perfect interim manager to clear out Mourinho's stink. But he never really had the coaching nous to lead a club like United, that's why he was at Molde and not in a major European league. He simply doesn't have a philosophy.

Our squad is in desperate need of a good coach, our midfield is crap, there is no one to lead the defence, our forwards are dogshite, there is no right side. We cannot get by with a relic like Phelan.

Solksjaer is definitely not the man, we can easily get him to leave on mutual agreement and we have to move mountains to get Pochettino.

Paul_Scholes18

It is a bit scary to think the repercussions of this being a bad idea considering we just gave him a 3 year deal but I can't imagine a team coached by Pep, Klopp or Pochettinho putting up the kind of performance we did at Everton.
To be fair when pep and Klopp first joined they got some terrible result. Everton did beat City 4-0 the first season under Pep and I remember Leicester destroying them too before christmas.
Klopp also got smashed by the likes of Watford and West Ham after he joined too.

Spurs have also had some really bad games. We totally destroyed them with LVGs crap football as well.

My doubts about Ole is more that I am not sure he will develop our football. He will try and give his best, but I don't think he is tactically that great. I think his best quality is his man management, but even that might not work with the players we got. Although I hope that will improve next season if he removes the more toxic players and bring in some quality players with good mentality.

BigRon1985

No mate, me too. He needs to be his own man and leave the past behind. The glory days are long gone and unless the club is turned around pretty damn quick we will turn into Liverpool the wilderness years. :(

SirFergie

Yep, it isn't anymore. At one point last month, it was 82.4%. Few weeks later, it is down to 64%. I reckon by the end of the season, it wouldn't be so impressive anymore. One thing is sure though, his win ratio is going down pretty fast.
Jesus.

Sir Scott McToMinay

Ridiculous thread to be honest, no manager could achieve anything serious with this group of players.
We need a DOF asap though, we can’t let the manager be the sole decider on who we need to bring to take the club forward.
Couple of players aside, they’re not worthy of wearing the shirt.

Kemizee

Sack Ole now and a new manager comes in where 'everyone starts with a clean slate'. Screw that. This group of players needs breaking up and I hope that Ole's post match comments to the effect that some of them won't be part of his team's future success means he is ready to take the necessary steps to make that happen.

Ole signed none of this bunch. But he knows them now. As well as the has beens and never weres, those with the talent to be legends but the attitude and application of bell ends can feck off as well.

Thus isn't a one summer process. But a summer without international distractions and a full pre season is a good start If the parasites that own the club and their henchman Woodward are prepared to back Ole.
Well said. Ole might as well cut the multitude of average players off and perform the needed surgery.

A new manager is gonna come in and it will be the same 'I need time to assess' dross like Young, Jones, Smalling Lingard etc.. Can't stand another year of that.

Mcking

Ridiculous thread to be honest, no manager could achieve anything serious with this group of players.
We need a DOF asap though, we can’t let the manager be the sole decider on who we need to bring to take the club forward.
Couple of players aside, they’re not worthy of wearing the shirt.
Solskjaer's managed to achieve something serious already. Six defeats in eight should not be scoffed at.

Status
Not open for further replies.