Television Archer

Adzzz

Astrophysical Genius - Hard for Grinner
Staff
Yeah, S2 and S3 are the two seasons I have on blu-ray and I watch them over and over again. Ridiculously good stuff. In saying that S4 had some good moments - I think the Papal Chase was in that one.

This season though, if it delivers I think it'll be a huge success.

Adzzz

Staff
It's up there with TPB, Arrested Development and other fantastic contemporary comedies. Archer and TPB's are next level.

Ivor Ballokov

Good start to the season although tempered by the fact a lot of time was taken up with oral flashbacks (phrasing) and a trailer for the rest of the season. Still excited to see where they go with it though.

Never watched this before, Just watched the pilot ep on Netflix.

Tears of laughter.
They "remade" the pilot with the role of Archer recast with a dinosaur.

You may be able to find it online but I could only find a clip.

TPB?

I certainly wouldn't rate it with AD but it's criminally underrated.
Trailer Park Boys I'm guessing. AD is probably one of the greatest of all time, I love Archer but I'm not 100% it's quite there, it's close for me though.

Ivor Ballokov

Ahh yes. Seen clips of the guy being drunk, doubt it'd be my sort of thing.

I've seen some of the Archersaurus stuff and it's rubbish. It's not funny at all.
I watched the first season of it and quite enjoyed it, certainly not near AD standards but it may have improved.

Archersaurus is pretty odd, I can see why the joke would get boring fast but I thought it was hilarious.

KingEric7

Stupid Conspiracy Enthusiast Wanker
Thought they managed that episode fairly well but it suffered a bit from the montage and the confessions scene. Those two scenes felt distinctly un-Archerish.

Liam147

On Probation
Thought they managed that episode fairly well but it suffered a bit from the montage and the confessions scene. Those two scenes felt distinctly un-Archerish.
It was a bit un-Archerish but it was still funny. Mallory tells them they can all get out if they tell them nothing... everyone proceeds to confess. The montage was also un-Archerish but I reckon they can get away with it. It wasn't particularly funny but it was almost deliberately over the top. We're not watching it for animated explosions, but they showed us loads of them. Seemed a bit like a parody in a way. It's set it up really well, just hope I don't miss ISIS too much.

Adzzz

Staff
Yeah realistically ISIS was just a place they visit in between doing awesome shit.

KingEric7

It was a bit un-Archerish but it was still funny. Mallory tells them they can all get out if they tell them nothing... everyone proceeds to confess. The montage was also un-Archerish but I reckon they can get away with it. It wasn't particularly funny but it was almost deliberately over the top. We're not watching it for animated explosions, but they showed us loads of them. Seemed a bit like a parody in a way. It's set it up really well, just hope I don't miss ISIS too much.

Yeah it was still funny, no doubt. I think I would've liked it more but I watched Rick and Morty beforehand and that episode was just brilliant throughout. Eager to see how this pans out, though - it really is one of the best comedies around and I hope they pull this off. They could squeeze a lot more life out of this if they nail it properly.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
I've no idea how that felt any less Archerish than episodes on a pirate ship or a space station. The only thing that was odd was the montage, which went on for far too long. Is it going to be a running story? If so then that'll be a change. Otherwise it felt pretty similar to me.

KingEric7

I've no idea how that felt any less Archerish than episodes pirate ship or a space station. The only thing that was odd was the montage, which went on for far too long. Is it going to be a running story? If so then that'll be a change. Otherwise it felt pretty similar to me.

Which is all I said, to be honest - the montage and that bit at the station (before normal service was resumed). Watched all of it about a month ago and those two scenes stuck out somehow.

Yeah it is going to be a running story with the drugs stuff, by the way. An episode like this was obviously necessary to set that up.

NinjaFletch

I've no idea how that felt any less Archerish than episodes pirate ship or a space station. The only thing that was odd was the montage, which went on for far too long. Is it going to be a running story? If so then that'll be a change. Otherwise it felt pretty similar to me.

Yeah, the only writer for the show 'got bored of spies' so turned them into a drug cartel.

Count Orduck

I found the montage funny in a silly way, to be honest, which I'm sure is exactly what they were going for.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
Alright! Uno rampageo!

Really enjoyed the latest episode, you can tell that the end of Isis isn't going to radically change anything in the show but just offer new possibilities concerning the situations they'll encounter. Pam high on a pound of coke was excellent! :lol:

Goooose

Great episode. Pam's turning into one of my favourite characters, can't wait 'til she goes all She-Hulk. I think the absence of ISIS frees up the writers a bit more so they can put the gang in some wackier jams. I want more Krieger though.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
- Have you ever heard a country song?
- ... Dangerzone?

:lol:

Great episode once again though the conclusion (Archer dealing with the Yakuza boss) felt a bit rushed. Still a lot of laughs, and Pam has been fantastic this season.

Silva

Pams been hilarious, even if it's weird that she eats rather than sniffs the coke. This season could do with a bit more involvement from Cherryl and Ray though.

Last edited:

Goooose

Pams been hilarious, even if it's weird that she eats rather than sniffs the coke. This season could do with a bit more involvement from Carol and Ray though.
Fixed. I think Ray gets his legs back, and Cheryl/Carol/Cherlene has the whole country singer arc. Looks like this season may be one big story instead of being episodic.

SharkyMcShark

Horrified
Using location as a tagline: because I'm just not
Really not liking this season so far. The writing seems to have dropped a few levels, but then I was worried about this when Adam Reed said he'd got bored and decided he wanted to write something different. Frisky Dingo is a testament to what happens when he wants to write something entirely different - sporadically funny, but a bit shit.

Who said Pam was good this season? All she does is loudly take drugs at inappropriate moments. Reasonably amusing the first two or three times. fecking grating thereafter, especially seeing its is obvious that we're all meant to pause and laugh at it (they've used it as the final word in a bunch of scenes so far).

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Really not liking this season so far. The writing seems to have dropped a few levels, but then I was worried about this when Adam Reed said he'd got bored and decided he wanted to write something different. Frisky Dingo is a testament to what happens when he wants to write something entirely different - sporadically funny, but a bit shit.

Who said Pam was good this season? All she does is loudly take drugs at inappropriate moments. Reasonably amusing the first two or three times. fecking grating thereafter, especially seeing its is obvious that we're all meant to pause and laugh at it (they've used it as the final word in a bunch of scenes so far).
She is getting on my nerves. In the preview for next episode she

threatens to go to the police if they force her to go to rehab. fecking cokehead, wish Carol in one of her maniac moments would bust a cap in her ass