Television Archer

Cina

Am I the only one finding the show a little repetitive now? It's always been about the in jokes and references to previous things that happened, which is getting a little old now.

Duafc

Village Lemon
Am I the only one finding the show a little repetitive now? It's always been about the in jokes and references to previous things that happened, which is getting a little old now.
yeah, I agree.. I keep wanting them to do something, develop some of the character stories... Lana and Archer, Archer and his dad, just something new!

it's still funny but I find my attention straying with the monotony.

Count Orduck

I've been watching these recently. I'm about 2/3 of the way through the second season, and whilst I still think it's brilliant, I don't think it's as funny as it was in the first season. Does it get better again, or is it a slow downward slope?

McLovin

Bites pillows thinking of John Terry
I've been watching these recently. I'm about 2/3 of the way through the second season, and whilst I still think it's brilliant, I don't think it's as funny as it was in the first season. Does it get better again, or is it a slow downward slope?
I've found the latest episodes very good.

kps88

I think season two is the weakest (though still very good). It gets better again for me.

LoveInTheAsylum

Last ep. its moments, bit like this season as a whole. I think the show has single-handedly made my degree feel worthwhile, even if most of the references still go over my head. Grover Cleveland leaving two non-consecutive messages remains the high point.

Am I the only one that really, really dislikes Cheryl? I loved her at the start, but the omg zany randomness wore thin a long time ago. Any second she's not on-screen is a blessing for me.

The first season's probably my favourite, too. I think it does become patchy after that, but save for a couple of dire episodes it's always very watchable. It's still full of great moments & good whole episodes in its (current) 4th season, so it's definitely worth sticking with until you find you stop laughing. I think one of the best bits about it is its replay value, I've seen some episodes at least 5 or 6 times now.

R.N7

Such tagline. Wow!
Supports
a wife, three kids and Eboue
Last ep. its moments, bit like this season as a whole. I think the show has single-handedly made my degree feel worthwhile, even if most of the references still go over my head. Grover Cleveland leaving two non-consecutive messages remains the high point.

Am I the only one that really, really dislikes Cheryl? I loved her at the start, but the omg zany randomness wore thin a long time ago. Any second she's not on-screen is a blessing for me.

The first season's probably my favourite, too. I think it does become patchy after that, but save for a couple of dire episodes it's always very watchable. It's still full of great moments & good whole episodes in its (current) 4th season, so it's definitely worth sticking with until you find you stop laughing. I think one of the best bits about it is its replay value, I've seen some episodes at least 5 or 6 times now.
It's the opposite for me, I love Cheryl more and more. Instead, I've never really been that crazy about Pam.

Fav season seems to vary from person to person, personally I can't pick between season 1 and 2. I've lots count how many times I've rewatched the episodes, many episodes are so much funnier on the second viewing.

LoveInTheAsylum

Yeah I'm not a massive fan of Pam either, though she's at least funny in small doses & the Byron back tat goes a long way.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Just watched the Pope one. Have they changed Woodhouse's voice?

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Just checked. Same voice actor apparently but he's 83 and its hard to get consistent voice acting from him apparently.

R.N7

Such tagline. Wow!
Supports
a wife, three kids and Eboue
"It's just you and me now, Reggie. Be a lad, and put on some Mingus."

"Let's liven things up, Burroughs. Five grams of junk says I can shoot a pina colada off your wife's head."

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Gene and Louise from Bob's Burgers were in the last one I watched. Not literally, but their voices. Their voices were there I tells ya.

Saliph

Watching the first season now. I like it, even though Archer's the only really funny character. His bluntness is hilarious.

Liam147

On Probation
You know what's weird? When I first saw the still of Cheryl's brother's wife, I was instantly reminded of Kristen Schaal. I was trying to listen out for her voice but wasn't sure who it was. Of course, it was Kristen Schaal. Weird how they get a lot of the characters (certainly not H Jon Benjamin mind) to look like their voice actors.