Television Archer

LoveInTheAsylum

I now really want an Émile Gorgonzolaburger. Great first episode I thought. They do running jokes better than almost any other show. Was that a piglet Krieger was putting in his pocket when he entered? That'll do piggly, that'll do.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
I'd like the list of all the obscure "Who am I, *insert name*" references.

A recent favorite of mine.

Lana: What's your blood type?
Archer: How would I know?
Lana: How can you not?
Archer: Who am I, Karl Landsteiner?
Archer: Discoverer of blood groups.
Lana: You don't know your own blood group but you know who discovered them.

R.N7

Such tagline. Wow!
Supports
a wife, three kids and Eboue
Archer: Who am I? Count Bullets-ula? Like Dracula. That was bad. Come back to me. I can do better.

Pam: How's the elevator supposed to work with a gillion pounds of computers on it?!
Cheryl: Who am I, Elisha Otis?

Dante

Average bang
There were so many call backs and past-references in that episode that I felt like my head was about to explode in a good way.

Brilliant episode and show. Any Krieger heavy episode is an almost guaranteed classic to be honest.

Cina

I actually nearly pissed myself laughing when Krieger put the piglet in his pocket in the first episode.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Have you watched Ugly Americans Nilsson?

Enjoying that immensely at the moment. Just watched the ep with Jon Benjamin in it. It's impossible to hear anything but Archer. Ruined Bob's Burgers for me too!

R.N7

Such tagline. Wow!
Supports
a wife, three kids and Eboue
Have you watched Ugly Americans Nilsson?

Enjoying that immensely at the moment. Just watched the ep with Jon Benjamin in it. It's impossible to hear anything but Archer. Ruined Bob's Burgers for me too!
I just watched a clip of it and it looked great so I'll be on that! I also need to check out Adam Reed's first show Sealab 2021.

I suggest everyone that likes Archer to also watch Frisky Dingo as it's like a brain damaged version of Archer, surreal as feck!

Mockney

Yeah you'll like UA. It's quite close to Archer in tone & quality (and, obviously, animation) only it's more surreal.

Frisky Dingo is good, but annoyingly short. Never heard of Sealab, so I'm gonna get on that!

I'm liking the reciprocation here.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I also found Bob's Burgers distracting with Jon Benjamin's voice.

gza the genius

I love Ugly Americans and Frisky Dingo, both are great.

And yeah it is annoying that Frisky Dingo was so short lived.

I haven't actually watched Archer that much, I should probably do that.

Mockney

I also found Bob's Burgers distracting with Jon Benjamin's voice.
It's weirdly something that's much more prevalent in animated characters than live action characters, which shouldn't really make sense, but does. Probably because the world is so deliberately created and contained that you never actually think about it being acted.

If Bruce Willis is in one of his 8 films a year, you know it's Bruce Willis, but you go with whatever character he's playing anyway (which is usually, helpfully, Bruce Willis) and it's "This character, played by Bruce Willis"...but when you see the woman who does Lisa Simpson's voice for example, you don't think "Lisa Simpson has the voice of this woman" you think "This woman has eaten Lisa Simpson and taken her voice!! Quick, save her!!."

Mockney

No it doesn't work that way around. You have to be familiar with the animation first. Though I haven't watched AD again since I started watching Archer, so it's possible it could distract me when it comes back.

Seriously though, Yeardley Smith freaks me the feck out.

Liam147

On Probation
No it doesn't work that way around. You have to be familiar with the animation first. Though I haven't watched AD again since I started watching Archer, so it's possible it could distract me when it comes back.

Seriously though, Yeardley Smith freaks me the feck out.
Same here. When she guested in Big Bang Theory it was just like :eek:
Her voice is utterly identical to Lisa Simpson.

Also, rewatching AD, I don't actually associate Jessica Walter with Malory as much as I thought I would. Same with Judy Greer. I can't help hearing Carol without thinking of Judy Greer, but don't think of Archer when seeing her in AD.
Ron Cadillac is actually voiced by Jessica Walter's real life husband.
That is weird. I picked him out quickly as Rachel's dad from Friends.

Also, I find Archer resembles a young Pierce Brosnan.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I've never seen season 3. Just downloaded it, bully for me.

Cina

Yeah, didn't care too much for the snake bite episode really. I think season four has dipped in quality a bit. Krieger is the only one I still find hilarious.

Wonder Pigeon

'Shelbourne FC Supporter'
Supports
Shelbourne
So, I've watched a good few episodes of this now, does it get any better? I get it, the characters are all terrible people and they say outrageous things. Is that it?

Scrumpet

There are no words
How many is a good few? From what I remember it's pretty consistent from the beginning so it might not grow on you if you're not already enjoying it. I don't really associate the show with 'outrageous' humour though, most of the laughs come from elaborately set up, slightly silly running jokes.