Are Newcastle on TV too much? Yes. (Et discuter de la grammaire française)

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
I've just seen their match is live on sky at 5:30pm this Saturday

Does it feel like they're being shown too much.

Feel free to post conspiracies here

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
BBC article about them being the next 'superclub',
They are everywhere currently.

Wengerista

Supports
Arsenal
Yes, the media love them. Everything about that club seriously grinds my gears of late; Eddie Howe's smug face, the fans' vibe that they think they're some kind of insurgent underdog, that stupid jaunty tune they play before kick-off. I might rip out my eyes by the end of the season at this rate.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Newcastle games are pretty entertaining. They scored the most in the league so far. 24 goals.
I’d love to know the viewing figures when they’re playing random teams like Wolves and Bournemouth (both Saturday evening prime time kick offs). I’ve sat down to watch them like 2 times this season (vs Villa and vs Liverpool). They’re not remotely interesting enough as a team and club to entice me to watch them play teams outside the big 6 clubs.

Fr. Todd Unctious

Yes, the media love them. Everything about that club seriously grinds my gears of late; Eddie Howe's smug face, the fans' vibe that they think they're some kind of insurgent underdog, that stupid jaunty tune they play before kick-off. I might rip out my eyes by the end of the season at this rate.

Don't forget Howe's No.2 another smug cnut

GlasgowCeltic

I’d love to know the viewing figures when they’re playing random teams like Wolves and Bournemouth (both Saturday evening prime time kick offs). I’ve sat down to watch them like 2 times this season (vs Villa and vs Liverpool). They’re not remotely interesting enough as a team and club to entice me to watch them play teams outside the big 6 clubs.
two of the best games so far this season

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Yeah, give it a few years though and they'll turn into City. Though for me City have got to the point where I don't bother watching them outside of the games against the big six as they never fecking drop points and with United being United it is depressing watching them.

Oranges038

We've had to suffer through Jimmy Nail and Ant & Dec.

Then it was Alan Shearer on MOTD

Now it's Newcastle games every week, sometimes twice a week.

This is just not on, somebody needs do something.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
I don't understand the concept of "TV" * anymore, I'm afraid.

I haven't watched what I believe is referred to as "TV" * for years.

But given that anything related to Newcastle is obviously too much per default - the answer is clearly yes.

* Paying a monthly fee to get access to some kind of "package", is that it?

UpWithRivers

They own football. They own the media. Just small things like paying first class flights and 5 star hotels for reporters and the whole crew. None of them will say a bad word against them. The coming generations of fans will believe Newcastle are a huge club on par with United

Maureen-yo

And him and Tindall permanently standing next to each other in the technical area despite being told they aren’t allowed to.

TsuWave

CL club, playing good football - "ascension" narrative

It's only natural

Glorio

Could the fact they are managed by an Englishman in addition to actually being good at football be a factor?

Look at the noise around Ramsdale and Raya for instance. It's mystifying, but not worthy of all the media noise around it, I don't think

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Keep the Saudis sweet try get them to pump more oil again?

Pretty far fetched, you never know I guess...

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I can confirm this. I turned the telly on tonight and saw them. I don't even live on your island, what the feck?

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
Who cares, I don't I can watch any PL/CL/EFL/FAC game I choose to, and so can you all if you put your mind to it

CallyRed

Byker grove is also coming back. It's only going to get worse.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
The fans irritate me so much. They are so smug. They also think that their club deserves to be successful and always bang on about being a big club. You can't be a big club if you haven't won a major trophy in 50 years.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Yeah, give it a few years though and they'll turn into City. Though for me City have got to the point where I don't bother watching them outside of the games against the big six as they never fecking drop points and with United being United it is depressing watching them.
I also find City supremely boring too.

crackers0seven

Yes,sick of seeing them celebrate corners and throw ins. They were over the top against psg. Gordon celebrated a throw in last night. It ended ok though cause that's all they celebrated. Suppose to be a big team. Don't see many big teams or players at that. Against psg bruno Gordon and burn all done it a couple of times each. So annoying.

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
Yes,sick of seeing them celebrate corners and throw ins. They were over the top against psg. Gordon celebrated a throw in last night. It ended ok though cause that's all they celebrated. Suppose to be a big team. Don't see many big teams or players at that. Against psg bruno Gordon and burn all done it a couple of times each. So annoying.
Agree, it's nauseating.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
It's a weird one. It's almost being built as if it's some fairytale where the working class man is building up to knock down the aristocrat.

I think they're at 410m euros spent on transfers since the Saudi's took over?

Might be less than some others, but it's hardly a pittance.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
It's a weird one. It's almost being built as if it's some fairytale where the working class man is building up to knock down the aristocrat.

I think they're at 410m euros spent on transfers since the Saudi's took over?

Might be less than some others, but it's hardly a pittance.
They've had to sell the club Porsche to finance these transfers!

HappyCamper

Supports
Liverpool
I don't see the problem tbh. I'd take a Burn celebrating a throw in during a game over a Jlingz smiling on instagram after a loss to Brentford any day.
Footballers actually giving a feck is refreshing and anything that get the fans going during a game will be a positive, in my eyes.

In regards of the threads topic it's annoying but also understandable in a media-sense. Newcastle is the new golden cow just waiting to get milked. In 10-15 years time we'll see newborn magpies popping up all over the place because, in comparison to City, their club isn't just a hollow shell feeding off of being Uniteds neighbour. And just like the overwhelming praise for Citys achivements, blatant cheating doesn't seem to be a problem for most people.

Last edited:

Nickelodeon

I think it was the Sunday where there were 4 games at the same time 2 PM which were Arsenal v Spurs, Liverpool v West Ham, Chelsea v Villa and Brighton v Bournemouth. Then the 4:30 game was Sheffield United v Newcastle.

For anyone to pick 2 stand out games from these 5 for TV slots, it is highly unlikely that the Newcastle one would've made the top 2 or even 3. Conspiracy theories indeed.

Wonder Pigeon

'Shelbourne FC Supporter'
Supports
Shelbourne
Them being all over The Athletic is even more annoying, fawning articles about their "European adventure" as if they're fairytale underdogs. They're getting almost as over featured on there as Wrexham.

Last edited: