Are Nickelback the worst band ever?

Nearco

youth team player
Nickleback are balls, shame on whoever dissed Jovi.
The only difference I can see is Jon Bon Jovi is a bit more of a girl than whoever the feck fronts Nickelback. The latter are easy targets, but the Jovi tossers are no better. Utter fecking gash.

MG

They're a very shit band, but to suggest they're the worst band ever is ridiculous. There are many many utterly crap bands in this world, and Nickelback are by no means the worst of them. (Which just shows how bad the others are!)

Biscuit1871

I never understand why Bon Jovi has a level of musical respect. His songs are just cheesy pop music.

MUFCgal

I never understand why Bon Jovi has a level of musical respect. His songs are just cheesy pop music.
Not really a fan of their recent stuff, all too softly rock for me, almost country like. I love their earlier stuff, songs like Always, Dead or Alive, Living on A Prayer, You Give Love a Bad Name, Keep the Faith, Bed of Roses and It's my Life. They are all fantastic songs, but their recent stuff is too soft IMO.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
I wouldnt buy a jovi song, or have it on my ipod, but i respect Jovi, if for nothing else than his banging perm.
:lol::lol:

I haven't read this thread, but if someone takes the piss out of aerosmith then i'll be having words!

Nickelback is just too bland for my tastes, one or two of their songs are humable, but after that they're just too blah for my tastes.

jveezy

Fo' shizzle
Not really a fan of their recent stuff, all too softly rock for me, almost country like. I love their earlier stuff, songs like Always, Dead or Alive, Living on A Prayer, You Give Love a Bad Name, Keep the Faith, Bed of Roses and It's my Life. They are all fantastic songs, but their recent stuff is too soft IMO.
Wrong. It IS country. They did a duet with a country singer and hit the top of the country charts and decided to milk it for all it was (and still is) worth.

I like their earlier stuff for guilty karaoke pleasure. Livin on a Prayer and You Give Love a Bad Name are great songs to scream at the top of your lungs.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Wrong. It IS country. They did a duet with a country singer and hit the top of the country charts and decided to milk it for all it was (and still is) worth.

I like their earlier stuff for guilty karaoke pleasure. Livin on a Prayer and You Give Love a Bad Name are great songs to scream at the top of your lungs.
They've been leaning towards country ever since Jon Bon did the Blaze of Glory soundtrack.

How did this turn into a Bon Jovi thread anyway?

Lance Uppercut

:lol:

that's nickleback, isn't it?
I don't know about the tool from Nickleback, but Scott Stapp certainly fits the bill.

On February 10, 2006, Stapp married Miss New York USA 2004 winner (Miss FL America 2008) Jaclyn Nesheiwat in Miami, Florida, his second marriage and her first. Their first child Milan Hayat Stapp was born on January 4, 2007.[6] He was previously married to Hillaree Burns for 16 months, divorcing in 1999. She later gave birth to Stapp's son, Jagger. Creed's number one single "With Arms Wide Open", is about the birth of Jagger. Stapp also wrote a song called "Milan Song" about Milan Stapp. In 2006, Scott relocated with his family to Boca Raton.
Stapp was detained by Florida police in July 2002 and charged with reckless driving after his SUV ran off the road before swerving back into the proper lane. He was released from custody after posting $500.
Stapp stated he contemplated suicide sometime in 2003 after drinking a bottle of Jack Daniel's whiskey. He retrieved two MP5's from his collection, put the guns to his head, but failed to pull the trigger after looking at a picture of his son, Jagger. He stated in an interview with Rolling Stone that he was convinced that anyone involved with Creed wanted him dead so he would become a "Kurt Cobain martyr-type" and increase record sales. Scott "I had crazy thoughts going through my head," he says.
What an asshole.

PhilipB

got third place in a Juan Mata lookalike contest
Last week, I either ran over a sheep or ran over a
http://www.torontosun.com/2012/11/02/chad-kroeger-dared-bandmate-to-stick-penis-in-fan

Nickelback star Chad Kroeger once paid his drum technician $375 to stick his penis into the blades of a fan.

The band frequently got bored on the road and the rocker, who is now engaged to singer Avril Lavigne, admits he previously dared one of his pals to risk major injury just for some extra cash.

He tells Men's Health magazine, "We've always been very close to our crew, so we've had a lot of fun getting them to do silly, stupid things that could possibly cause them to hurt or injure themselves in some way. We were in Germany years ago - this was one of my favorite stories - and we were just bored. There was a heat wave going on in Germany. In a back room in the venue where we were playing, there was an old fan with a metal blade... And we paid the drum tech... about 600 deutschmarks... (to) stick his johnson (penis) in the fan.

"He took the money... I can still hear the 'bleh-bleh-blehhhhhhh' of the blade slowly sputtering to a stop, and this blood-curdling scream. It was fantastic. Somebody has video footage of this somewhere that needs to be resurrected and shown at the guy's next birthday party."
:lol:

This was a good thread, whatever happened to the flying spud? I remember he was banned for racism but I can't remember what was said.

Count Orduck

I really liked Nickelback's first couple of albums, but their more recent fare is absolute tripe. I mean, shockingly awful stuff.

Spoony

The People's President
I can't work out who PhilB was in his previous life... but I loved the way he tore Spud apart, cell by cell.

Brophs

The One and Only
I was at Slane seeing the Charlatans a good few years back when Nickelback were supporting and they played "How You Remind Me" four times. It took the shine off the entire day, tbh.

PhilipB

got third place in a Juan Mata lookalike contest
Last week, I either ran over a sheep or ran over a
How did The Flying Potato end up getting banned, anyhow?

fecking tool.
From what I remember, which is very little, didn't he start a thread about people who were living next to him and he called them dirty feckers or something. They were Asian and then I think he went onto say it was typical of them or he noticed that lots of them were dirty like that.

Something along those lines anyway. If that wasn't Spud then I apologise. I do remember a thread like that though.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
I really liked Nickelback's first couple of albums, but their more recent fare is absolute tripe. I mean, shockingly awful stuff.
I'm getting a headache from trying to imagine the pure evil of what someone who rated Nickelback's first albums would refer to as shockingly awful.