Are referees being instructed by the PGMOL to make examples of Utd players?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Oracle

From the Casemiro straight red card against Palace at Old Trafford last season to Diogo Dalot’s red card at Anfield last night, when all we ask for is consistency, why is none shown when it comes to Utd players?

Casemiro vs Crystal Palace, he momentarily grabbed Will Hughes around the throat during a melee between the teams = straight red card
During the same incident Jordan Ayew of Palace momentarily grabbed Fred by the throat = no action taken

Diogo Dalot vs Liverpool
Part 1: he shows frustration towards the referee when a throwing for Utd is awarded to Liverpool = yellow card
Part 2: he then immediately shows further frustration at being given a yellow card = second yellow card and sent off

Darwin Núñez vs Utd
Part 1: he charges into Jonny Evans and in doing so commits a foul, he then kicks the ball away in frustration = yellow card
Part 2: he then immediately turns his attention to the linesman and sarcastically applauds him for having flagged for the foul = no action taken

Is it tin foil hat time, or is there something going on?

On one hand maybe we were just unlucky in those situations.
On the other hand we are the most talked about club in the land, so if the PGMOL want to reinforce their rules, then what better team to do it against than Utd, as win, draw, or lose... we are always in the news.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
You’re thinking too much

United = fuss if in favour, media get behind you if against.
Liverpool = fuss if against, media get behind you if in favour.

el3mel

These conspiracy stuff serves no purpose except giving the rivals chances to laugh at us. Imagine being crap and also believing the world is fighting you.

We used to mock Liverpool fans for less than this.

tomaldinho1

Take United out of the equation, nothing to see there. I do think there is a very visible financial incentive for the main refs to keep themselves in the headlines. Makes you wonder.

The Oracle

It doesn't help when the FA actually lists what Núñez did as a yellow card...

Caution offences include (but are not limited to):
  • action(s) which show(s) a clear lack of respect for the match official(s) e.g.sarcastic clapping
:rolleyes:

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss

• action(s) which show(s) a clear lack of respect for the match official(s) e.g.sarcastic clapping
Was what Dalot did disrespecting the referee or was it simply a show of absolute frustration? I bet it’s arguable I’d say.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
typical narrow minded sheeple laughing at this. i’ve seen the pgmol facilities where referees are put through their paces. you’ve seen those shooting drills where would-be cops or soldiers are walked around a fake town, bad guys and hostages appearing at windows, with the the protagonist judged on how quickly they take out the terrorists and how they avoid the hostages? well it’s the same at pgmol, but with cardboard cutouts of united and liverpool players appearing in the windows. to qualify to ref in the premier league, you need a perfect score, carding all the united players whilst letting the liverpool ones off.

glasgow 21

Casemiro vs Crystal Palace, he momentarily grabbed Will Hughes around the throat during a melee between the teams = straight red card
During the same incident Jordan Ayew of Palace momentarily grabbed Fred by the throat = no action taken
The biggest issue and the one that annoys me the most with this is when the game was live Var constantly replayed the Ayew attack on Fred ,to which i went Ayew's for the high jump here. Var decided to totally ignore this and then moved straight to having Casemiro sent off with the worst angle and still photo to back it up

glasgow 21

These conspiracy stuff serves no purpose except giving the rivals chances to laugh at us. Imagine being crap and also believing the world is fighting you.

We used to mock Liverpool fans for less than this.
REALLY ? The amount of times Fabinho didn't see a red card last year, yeah your correct nothing to see here.

cyberman

They’re not asked but there’s 100 percent a feeling of doing it by the book on the big stage.

RedDevil@84

No. Oliver is just a guy who had his mind fecked up, as a kid, by United fans, as we won title after title. He finally gets his revenge.

The only other conspiracy theory I can believe in is that refs are a bit incompetent and inconsistent and take random decisions and interpretations, all the time. But they try to keep it safe so that it does not blow on their face. When it comes to United, if they tilt towards us, the media is gonna hound them, so they tilt the other way. The opposite when it comes to scousers.

OldSchoolManc

Casemiro grabbed his shirt collar, not his neck and was trying to defuse Hughes.
Dalot was one continuous action. The second yellow was shown after he had stopped the show of frustration

Lost bear

An effective defence against paranoia is said to involve the wearing of a small, cupped disk- shaped item of headgear constructed from a quantity of aluminium or tin. Is one needed in the case of this thread? I shall leave the question hanging.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.

Clearly Nunez's clapping was deemed to be an honest and enthusiastic validation of the linesman's outstanding performance.

OL29

I don’t think so. I do think refs are conscious about the potential backlash if they rule in our favour. Rival fans have built up this narrative for years that referees are corrupt in our favour, so they have that at in the back of their mind when officiating our games. As a resul, they’re unwilling to give important 50/50 decisions in our favour. Michael Oliver made a mistake in our favour about 10 years ago and has been petrified of doing so since. The same thing happened with Clattenburg after he sent 2 Chelsea players off against us.

HookedOnAPhelan

Sarcastic clapping is a way to show appreciation in Uruguay.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
There is very definitely something going on with the PGMOL and agenda officiating. I think you have to be an idiot to still be in denial of it at this point. What logic are people applying to the idea all of these frankly insane refereeing decisions are mistakes?

I just don't think it has anything specifically to do with United, or any one team, because you also have to be blind ignorant not to notice that this is happening now every single week in multiple games.

If I made a top 20 list of worst refereeing decisions I've ever seen, about 17 of them would be from the last 2 years of the premier league. If the list was top 100 probably 95 would still be from the last 2 years of the premier league

Roboc7

There’s an element of it being easier not to give us a tight decision, only have to look at all the fuss made after the Wolves game to see why.

There’s no conspiracy but the standard and consistency of officiating in the League is not up to standard. Dermot Gallagher couldn’t explain why Dalot got 2 bookings and Nunez 1, I doubt Michael Oliver could either. I bet that is the only time someone will be sent off in those circumstances all season by Oliver or anyone else. I just don’t think the officials are up to the job, it’s not a problem specific to us.

Last edited:

AndySmith1990

The conspiracy stuff and victim complex that has overcome United fans this season is kinda embarrassing. It's exactly what we used to laugh at scousers for when we were winning everything

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
Yesterday was a brilliant game if you're into controversial referee decisions. Not all where bad.

Shaw handball = correct decision although many poor referees would have buckled given how much contact there was.

Two yellow cards for fouls = correct decisions. One player got the ball but was reckless. The other didn't get the ball and brought the player down.

Throw in = wrong

Yellow card for disent = correct decision.

Second yellow card for disent within 0.5s = and the games gone mad.

calcio

There is no conspiracy. The refs are just inconsistent and bad.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
They are probably over in RAWK right now thinking the same thing, that there is a conspiracy against them.

Status
Not open for further replies.