Are Rival Teams Messing With Us?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
It was very clear that Liverpool could have scored more than 5:0, with Pogba out and our defense non-existent. But they literally stopped trying. Can't assume that they just didn't want to stretch themselves because nobody thinks like that when you can score more and more against your main rival.

There was a strong feeling that they scored enough to humiliate us, to set a record, but not so much to get Ole fired on the spot. Had they scored 7:0 or 9:0 Ole could be gone, and as we saw he did survive 5:0.

I have a strong feeling that City will pull the same shit. In our current form they absolutely can thrash us, but I feel like Pep will tell them to settle for 2:0 or 3:1 to not trigger Ole getting fired.

Seems like they clearly realize Ole being here is good for them at this point. If Ole gets fired and somebody comes in who can have the same immediate effect on us as Tuchel had on Chelsea - it's not good for them. Why would they do it to themselves? We have great players, we can be a threat with a top manager. So they are helping Ole stay?!..

Last edited:

FriedClams

I agree with everything you said, except for the part between where your first paragraph begins and then the question mark at the end.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Why did Liverpool stop though?

They mangled us 11v11, they could've put a beating on us for the history books 11v10 for half an hour.

FatTails

I don’t buy it, mainly for two reasons:
  • I am not convinced that a 0-9 loss would’ve meant Ole being sacked on the spot. The thinking around the club is that you don’t dispose of a long term project for a “one off result” (they seem to be oblivious to the general trend)
  • The other reason, and this is an important one, is that it’s a batshit crazy conspiracy theory

HerbT

Supports
man city fc
No, not at all.

They had the 3 points in the bag and klipperty did what any competent manager would, he controlled the game to see it out without conceding and without injury to any of his players.
If he thought that you were a threat to his teams final league position and IF he thought goal difference could come into play in the final reckonings then he might have thought different and pushed on.

Will City mess with you?
Not a chance because you’ll set up with a low block, play counter attack hoof ball football and probably win the game.
You have plenty of form in doing that against City, it gives me stomach ache!

Houdini

They just relaxed and enjoyed their win. Why risk an injury? They have already smashed us 5:0 at Old Trafford and saved some energy. Win win for them.

VainCape

They mangled us 11v11, they could've put a beating on us for the history books 11v10 for half an hour.
Our players had lost it and were out for blood (ronaldo kick, fred high boot, pogba injuring Keita). They just played it smart and realized keeping their players fit was probably more important.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.

The question nobody here seems willing to ask or answer :) As if Pep and Klopp are not strategic and only think about lineups for a specific game

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
If you use a colon for scores instead of a dash I feel like you should be imprisoned.

Status
Not open for further replies.