Are the lads back in training yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remember the geese

Possible. But do expect there will be one or two who force their way into the reckoning through pre-season and the good thing for him is the two players he has ahead of him in his position! Could be an interesting one.
One of the exciting things with a new manager is that there might be one or two surprises. Yeah right back isn't an area we are particularly strong in, so fingers crossed.

Wazza4Gaffa

Anybody have a list of the players involved in the training today?

Thanks in advance

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
If Mclarens high performance podcast is anything to go by he will have detailed every single minute of training for the next god knows how long.

Dante

Average bang
I don't think I've ever seen Martial so full of smiles. He's got a massive grin in almost every picture I've seen of him from today.

So far, I've been discounting him as an option this coming season. But if he can get himself motivated and firing on all cylinders, it can only be good for the team. Maybe he knows something we don't know.

Trex

I don't think I've ever seen Martial so full of smiles. He's got a massive grin in almost every picture I've seen of him from today.

So far, I've been discounting him as an option this coming season. But if he can get himself motivated and firing on all cylinders, it can only be good for the team. Maybe he knows something we don't know.
We'll know the talent is there, Martial short passing and link up game is top notch. In a side with players on his wave length like Sancho, Shaw, Eriksen, De jong, Ronaldo, Bruno he'll thrive just like he did under our previous dutch manager.
He'll need to up his work rate though, personally I feel Ten Hag would love him and want him to stay.

Blood Mage

We'll know the talent is there, Martial short passing and link up game is top notch. In a side with players on his wave length like Sancho, Shaw, Eriksen, De jong, Ronaldo, Bruno he'll thrive just like he did under our previous dutch manager.
He'll need to up his work rate though, personally I feel Ten Hag would love him and want him to stay.
Lopetegui is a very good coach in his own right and he wasn't able to get a tune out of Martial. ETH isn't a magician.

MUFC OK

The Martial redemption arc would be great to see.

Might actually bring tears to my eyes if ETH can get him firing and back to his best. The changes he needs to make need to come from within though - ability is there.

m1tch

Wow, imagine staying more than 7 hours in your work place. I don't think there are many people in the world who sacrifice themselves this much.
Contractually I'm supposed to, but yeah you're right, I certainly don't put in this much effort.

Flexdegea

Prob flogging a dead horse with Martial but if Hag can coach some sort of season out of him we be flying.

That season we came 3rd with Ole he was excellent I thought playing the striker role, his close play in the box and link up was high level. Seemed to lose his finishing ability after that Europa League semi where he must have missed about 10 chances and carried into following season.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Any quotes from the players or manager after the 1st session?

sparx99

The Martial redemption arc would be great to see.

Might actually bring tears to my eyes if ETH can get him firing and back to his best. The changes he needs to make need to come from within though - ability is there.
Even if he redeems him this season we should then look to sell next summer when his stock is high. We've seen his lack of consistency over time. I doubt a switch is going to be flipped and he becomes mr consistent.

sparx99

Contractually I'm supposed to, but yeah you're right, I certainly don't put in this much effort.
The irony of many of us checking Redcafe and posting while at work criticizing a lack of work ethic.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
"Luke, do you think we can halve your chip portion size each day?"

doesn’t look like he’s noticed the emergency kit kat that he’s got stashed away in the secret black pocket at the top of his tshirt.

MUFC OK

Even if he redeems him this season we should then look to sell next summer when his stock is high. We've seen his lack of consistency over time. I doubt a switch is going to be flipped and he becomes mr consistent.
I'd be fine with that. If he can contribute 10-15 goals (not including stat padding in europa group stages) then I'd be happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.