Are there any positives to take from that?

AndyJ1985

Nope. We still play shite football and we still get outplayed by the teams around us. Why this is still happening after all these years I don't know, but it's not my job to know, it's Mourinho's and he needs to sort it out.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Only positive is we're 3 points clear of third and Tottenham play Liverpool and Arsenal next. Someone's dropping points so we need to win and get a gap between us and the chasing pack .

Thomas A.Anderson

Yeah, there is.

I hope fans will now finally see why Mourinho park the bus in big matches. Because we criminally lack quality, concentration, skill and general IQ. Especially in defence.

redIndianDevil

Worst ever performance, don't really see what Sanchez adds from the left that Rashford or Martial cannot do. I though Sanchez would play centrally or from the right but if he's going to be played from the left we should signed a right winger or a midfielder.

Prodigy24

Performance wise, no. It was one of the worst performances I've ever seen.

Only positive is that it can't possibly get any worse than that.

Castia

Worst game since Moyes for me. We not only played bad but generally looked clueless. I can’t think of another game where all 11 players were shocking, it felt like we had 9 men.

Godfather

The only positive is if we never play 4-2-3-1 in big matches again and also never play Young or Smalling in matches against quality opposition again when we have other options.

There are actually no positives to take from that performance other than that pretty awesome save DDG had on a shot Kane had at point blank even though it was offside and wouldn't have counted anyways.
God I hope Jose learns. This fecking formation with Pogba in a 2 man midfield doesn’t work in big matches

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
He should have conceded a penalty with his brain-dead tackling. Another worst player today, just by running around a bit he escapes scrutiny. It's high time we stop rating headless chickens like Young, Valencia.
Aside from that ridiculous tackle, Valencia was far from a headless chicken. He was actually ridiculously composed on the ball at times deep in his own half, own his own and under pressure.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Only if Jose now realises we need 3 midfielders.

I got 10/11 in the lineup prediction as I figured surely Jose would play Herrera or Fellaini.

Snafu17

I mean we did look a bit silky. At times. In the first 20 minutes. After the second goal went in we just got lost in every department.

VancouverUtdFan

Supports
Canucks + NE Patriots
Early goal ruined it for us.
Tbh I think it got United playing well. Yea the early goal is something you don’t want to give up but the first half an hour or so United were attacking with purpose knowing they were down. I imagine they’d sit back otherwise like they did the last half hour of the game...

Siorac

I missed the first 15 minutes because I was on the way back from setting Coco at the cinema....so that was nice for me, especially as Coco is a brilliant film.
First 15 minutes was when we played best! You missed our peak!

freeurmind

weak willed
Would love to see Jose make something like 7 or 8 changes for the next game and send a message. That performance sortof came out of nowhere. Hoping the lads had a long night out in Yeovil or something and that this is not a sign of things to come.

redIndianDevil

Our entire plan against a strong team away seems to be to not concede first, because the moment we concede first, our entire team has no clue what to do and fall apart. This is not the first time this has happened either.

Jaybomb

Luckily for us, Liverpool and Chelsea dropped points so we’re still second.

That’s the only positive we can take from it.

That has to be the most lifeless performance I ever seen at United. It reminded me of the Moyes “era”.

vangagal

Caf's admins will stay alert for all incoming knee jerk reaction, at least thats make some do the work..:D:D
When Jose start to attack in big away games we lost, he not play to his strength today which is stay compact at the back and waiting for opening from the other side. Nothing positive about that performance.

engulfing

Yes, we know that we need to work hard to integrate sanchez. Team chemistry has been disrupted, now we have no balance at all. Knowing the problem is the first step to solving it.

Drainy

Only if Jose now realises we need 3 midfielders.

I got 10/11 in the lineup prediction as I figured surely Jose would play Herrera or Fellaini.
Be smarter if he had. 4-2-3-1 away at this Spurs side was a bit silly.

They are a quick, physical and direct team and we were too open.

Jacob

Could've turned out differently had either of Martial's or Lukaku's efforts gone in.

redIndianDevil

Aside from that ridiculous tackle, Valencia was far from a headless chicken. He was actually ridiculously composed on the ball at times deep in his own half, own his own and under pressure.
He really wasn't composed, our entire defence is not composed, they are always looking to hoof it clear under the slightest and I mean the slightest amount of pressure from the opponents and Valencia was no different today.

Defensively he was on par today and going forward he was absolute trash.

Djemba-Djemba

I think if we'd conceded a third goal after an hour say we would have been looking at a 4 or 5 nil defeat. We were that bad.

So to only lose 2-0 is a positive I suppose.

Son Of Sam

Yeah, there is.

I hope fans will now finally see why Mourinho park the bus in big matches. Because we criminally lack quality, concentration, skill and general IQ. Especially in defence.
He should have parked it then....play on the counter and he should never start Jones/Smalling together in a big game.

Jonboy

Luke Shaw will now be our first choice left back until the end of the season.

Only thing I can think of.

AlwaysRed66

Positive is the fact Sanchez chases the opposition like a terrier, hopefully Martial, Pogba and Lukaku see that and start doing it as well. Because honestly almost every time we lose the ball the 3 of them are strolling.

Tevez and Rooney used to do it a lot, and even CR7 used to join in on it so hopefully it's contagious again.
That is the point. People keep blaming the defence for the problems today plus Matic, who I agree didn't play well, but had no support from these clowns who just pranced around the pitch. Contrast that with Spurs & Man City, where the likes of Erickson, & Kevin De Bryne really work hard to support the defence.

Maestro14

OHKO'd a shiny Electrike
At least Kane & Alli didn’t score. If anybody had to score for Spurs, I’d want it to be Phil Jones.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Not really. Outplayed and more disturbingly outfought.
It's the outfought bit that pisses me. So little chasing, so few proper challenges, so easy to wave their arms/feel sorry for themselves.

Losing hurts (especially to such an overrated team as they are) but the WAY we lost was fecking awful. I hope Jose throws them all under the bus (and says he made mistakes in selection and formation) and gives them extra training.... passing sessions, pressing sessions, movement.

Awful.