Are Utd Making You Depressed?

Bondi77

I was up at 4.30 to watch the game and it is infuriating to witness how bad we have become but if we watch football for long enough we see that every team has cycles especially in a league as competitive as the Premier League.
It is only a matter of time before we come good, it just maybe not as good as what it was in the past.

Turkleton

I've learned over the years that football isn't important enough to be depressed about.

Skills

Snitch
I was up at 4.30 to watch the game and it is infuriating to witness how bad we have become but if we watch football for long enough we see that every team has cycles especially in a league as competitive as the Premier League.
It is only a matter of time before we come good, it just maybe not as good as what it was in the past.
Nah there's no guarantee. Football's a multibillion pound industry now, the top clubs are run like fine tuned machines in the way they recruit and improve year on year. There's no guarantee that they'll eventually just become poor at it.

Foxbatt

Not depressed but angry at some of the numpties here who come and defend the players and slate the manager.

LDUred

It's getting predictable but due to time zones I tend to work literally minutes after United's evening horror shows. No, it doesn't help. You want a few hours at least to put it to the back of your mind.

Guess we are all getting used to it and a mixture of gallows humour and abject resignation is becoming a form of coping here on the cafe.

oz insomniac

Looking at the diabolical slide downwards the club has endured since the Glazer vampires bought this club under the stewardship of Woodward, who is really to blame.

Woodward leads the parade as chief flag waver and engineer, how can someone so unsuited to the position was allowed to remain in charge by the owners is unfathomable. Oh, they have no idea of the sport, the club or its history and are absent owners , interested only in return and asset growth.

Hiring of managers and signing off on contracts lies at their feet, it took them what 12 years to destroy the club, it will take at least half that to get back to any real competitive position, players will no longer aspire to join with no Champions League and title threat. Forget how City did it, money is available across all EPL clubs now, the Spanish giants and PSG, so the rebuild won’t be just throwing cash at decent recruits.

The final nail in any recovery was the extending of Ole, an out of his depth manager, and the ongoing crazy extensions given to expiring contracts.

10 years ago every second soccer shirt worn here in Oz was Man Utd probably even more, certainly not the case now, Barcelona seems to be the choice followed by Liverpool, the only good thing is City is nowhere. Those that do wear Utd shirt are safe to say the over 35 brigade, not the kids

The analogy is like the frog is a pot of water slowly brought to boiling point, they don’t realise what’s happening until its too late, therein lies the demise of the worlds once biggest club.

Last edited:

MUW4Eva

That shit show at Anfield actually made me angry.
Well then, why not watch the women's team, that should make you happy, as they play with pride, with passion, and for the badge.

Josh 76

Not Utd that are making me depressed, it’s Liverpool that are !

clonsolar

No. The thought of most of these players/spoofers being left go and starting afresh with a new manager and hopefully some good recruitment has me excited.

WPMUFC

i always looked at watching football as a nice way to unwind after a long week in the office and take my mind off work etc. Simply another hobby like all others. I now actively hope for late MUFC games (midnight - 1am) so I can just watch YT and go to sleep. I actively hope to avoid watching us play football now, and tbh my want to watch any Premier League football is fallen off a cliff because we have no say in any of the "stories" of the season. We will just play shit and nothing else happens in a season.....We won't even go out there to try and stop liverpool winning a title. FFS.

We do nothing...we are a footballing void.

Honest John

The fact that people care, and show up week in week out means the business model works and so nothing will change.

A large dose of apathy is what is needed. Threaten the revenue streams and something might happen.

MUW4Eva

The fact that people care, and show up week in week out means the business model works and so nothing will change.

A large dose of apathy is what is needed. Threaten the revenue streams and something might happen.
I have an idea, why not show them how unhappy so many people are with the men's first team, by all or as many people as possible turning up to watch the women's team in their last two games of the season?

Blood Mage

Not depressed but certainly numb and apathetic. It's been morbidly fascinating to watch how incompetently Woodward and co have been running the club for the past decade, and how much money they've pissed up the wall. What does make me angry is the lack of accountability in the upper hierarchy for any of the terrible decisions that have been made. United is a boys' club full of mates looking out for each other.

Tyrion

Depressed? No. Emotionally detached? Increasingly yes.
This is my answer too. Its so hard to care when the players don't. I've supported crap Ireland sides who played appalling football but at least they tried.

Cantonagotmehere

I'm passed it. Now I am just excited to get ETH and hope for the best and enjoy the fight back to being relevant once again. I know I am a foolish idiot.....