Are we the most boring team in the PL?

OleTheGreat

Honestly, I've watched all the games until our game against Spurs and I personally feel we are the most non-creative, non energetic, non existent team in the PL right now. Our forwards are shabby, cannot create or drive or move past a defender, our midfield is basically 2 man with Bruno taking whichever position he desires. He is also the problem and I feel EtH has to sit him down and say, Bruno ffs keep the ball and play a few safe passes. He kills the momentum we build most of the times. He forgets that he's part of the engine room. Mount is an 8 player and not a 6. He will retain the ball and play more centrally behind the attackers but cannot tackle or recover balls like a 6 should. We are making the same selection mistakes time and time again. Casemiro is trying very hard but he needs to understand that he's not alongside Kroos and Modric anymore, he needs to work harder now and pass better and tackle with the notion of passing forward. The back passes are so hurting. Every a forward player runs deep to fetch the ball, he only plays it back again. Not one player has a half turn and run forward approach. Rashford always always runs into defenders without any clue. Antony and Garnacho need time and Sancho is wasted when in good touch.

At this point in the season, very early though.. signs for concern! Scary and I'm honestly very worried watching how Newcastle, Brighton and teams like that are dominating the ball so well. Come on EtH, wave your magic wand. Do something! Needs heavy improvement!

Share your thoughts on what you think!

Siorac

Probably not, there's a lot of dross in the league.

I dislike our football very much though. And I hate the doubling down on the 'transition' thing.

Mickson

I switched off my TV after 85 minutes, not only because we were losing but also because we are incredibly boring.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Not even close. We were dogshit for most of today and still easily created enough chances to score 3 and had a stonewall penalty waved away.

We've got issues, but being boring isn't one of them.

Skills

Snitch
We're the most boring club in the top 7 over the last 10 years.

Superunknown

Regardless of the results over the last two games, our football hasn't been enjoyable to watch. We had some good play for most of the first half today, but the second was poor. Both halves were poor against Wolves.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
It’s in our DNA. By the time we finally prioritise controlling football matches and passing the ball as opposed to some sort of United Way ideology from yesteryear, football would have probably changed again!

AshRK

We're the most boring club in the top 7 over the last 10 years.
Debatable. Arsenal were pretty boring under Arteta for 2 seasons. Spurs were pathetic under conte, Nuno and Jose. Newcastle minus the last season were crap for a decacde. Chelsea had their boring spells. City and pool are two sides who have consistently played entertaining football, rest have all been crap in some way or form.

Skills

Snitch
Debatable. Arsenal were pretty boring under Arteta for 2 seasons. Spurs were pathetic under conte, Nuno and Jose. Newcastle minus the last season were crap for a decacde. Chelsea had their boring spells. City and pool are two sides who have consistently played entertaining football, rest have all been crap in some way or form.
I'm not talking about a single season. I'm talking about the last 10 years as a whole.

Jev

Probably not, there's a lot of dross in the league.

I dislike our football very much though. And I hate the doubling down on the 'transition' thing.
Is it just me or has all this transition talk come very suddenly from out of nowhere? Wasn't he quite focused on possession last season? Seems a little desperate.

avgp_1

TBH we have the makings of a very exciting one with pace on the break and someone like Bruno looking for the killer passes more often than most. The trouble is the intensity, non existent this season outside of a few minutes in the first half today.

el3mel

Man United have been an icon for shit and boring football for about 10 years now.

dcrompton

Could you honestly say ‘he’s a lovely footballer’ about any of our squad? Our 2 most productive players in Bruno and Rashford are equally as capable of doing something inexplicable as amazing

AshRK

I'm not talking about a single season. I'm talking about the last 10 years as a whole.
Even then how do you come to a conclusion that we have been the most boring side in the last 10 years as a whole when there have been borefest by arsenal chelsea spurs as well. And I am not even going to talk about Newcastle. Minus last season they were crap.

MexicanCowboy

Supports
Barcelona
You are being too harsh. The first games of the season often lack pace and coordination.

Salfordlad70

We might just be. There was a period last season of a couple of months when it really was a pleasure, but all too often it feels like hard work.

I’m more concerned about the lack of entertainment than the results. It’s supposed to be fun.

starboy

Honestly, this is for last 10 years. We had some periods where our play was amazing (for example after Ole takeover), but it was temporary.

Chip

On the field maybe. Off the field we are still top contributors of bantz and memes.

Ainu

For some reason, Everton are always the first club I think of when it comes to boring football. I'm not sure if that's justified, that's just how it is in my head.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
probably spent the most in the last few years and we’re still dog shite. Don’t get what it is with us but no one can get us playing decent football. We have spells that’s about it. Think we played the best football under Solskjær. A lot of work to do… ETH is meant to be a workaholic and comes up with plans. Yet to see it…

DJ_21

For some reason, Everton are always the first club I think of when it comes to boring football. I'm not sure if that's justified, that's just how it is in my head.
Burnley use to be one i associated with boring football but Kompany has them playing decent stuff now.

RuudTom83

Watching your team is always more stressful. It just feels like United make every game a struggle atm.

A 3-0 would be feel like a godsend.

Just need to hang in there and hope something clicks...or the Glazers feck off!

Ainu

Burnley use to be one i associated with boring football but Kompany has them playing decent stuff now.
They were dire for a long time but at least they get relegated once in a while. Everton are just always there and never do anything to interesting.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
We're not the most boring. But we're boring.

DJ_21

They were dire for a long time but at least they get relegated once in a while. Everton are just always there and never do anything to interesting.
They use to be a top 10 team. It’s only since 19/20 they started finishing below 10th. Moyes had them finishing 7th and even 5th one year.

DJ_21

Watching your team is always more stressful. It just feels like United make every game a struggle atm.

A 3-0 would be feel like a godsend.

Just need to hang in there and hope something clicks...or the Glazers feck off!
I’m hoping once the ST comes in then we’ll start seeing massive improvements. Rashford will be back in his best position. But it still won’t hide away how crap the midfield set up is. We always get walked through.

gaffs

We are not boring. We are dysfunctional.

We are a badly assembled group of players who often play with no coherence, usually replying on individual moments to score goals.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
No because we provide plenty of entertainment for the opposition, especially our main rivals on a consistent basis.

AndySmith1990

We were boring under LVG.

We're not necessarily boring now, more like dysfunctional, inept and incredibly frustrating

AdamColeBebe

Supports
Man Utd
It's just a mystery how we finished third last season, I don't have any solid memory of us playing well since the Fergie days

JB7

Of course we’re not. Only people that literally only watch United would think this.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Probably confusing boring with rubbish. I'd have enjoyed the second half of both our games as a neutral, but also we should have lost both about 4-0.

I didn't like all the bollocks ETH came out with pre season about focusing on how united traditionally play and transitions,and it's manifesting itself on the pitch because he seems to be purposely reverting to the shite that got the managers before him sacked.

He's bought some trust from last season but it will wear away pretty quickly if he persists with suicidal ideas.