Are you fascinated with how low down the league table United can finish?

Marcus

For me yes. There is so little joy this season and there is almost nothing to play for already. The lower down the table United finish, the more likelihood we will see real change. Owners may be incentivised to sell, players will ask to leave (hopefully more of the deadwood), protests will grow louder, real change in football structure, new manager who is both a great tactician and master motivator. So many upsides.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
My attempt at self-therapy. Need to look for ways to maintain my sanity.
The way is away from football I’m afraid. For me it’s gaming and music. Honestly, every weekend watching us just ruins my mood - I spend 2 hours essentially being upset and angry and it spills over into the rest of the day. It’s just not worth it - so I’m just watching us causally now not expecting much. If I keep letting it define my mood then I’m setting myself up for trouble. Distractions are key (for me at least).

Marcus

The way is away from football I’m afraid. For me it’s gaming and music. Honestly, every weekend watching us just ruins my mood - I spend 2 hours essentially being upset and angry and it spills over into the rest of the day. It’s just not worth it - so I’m just watching us causally now not expecting much. If I keep letting it define my mood then I’m setting myself up for trouble. Distractions are key (for me at least).
Haha thanks for the pro-tips! There really seems to be no hope with this team. Not even a tiny glimmer. Something drastic needs to happen and seems to be already happening. So might as well just go with the downward flow and see where it bottoms out. And whether there is respite to be found there. It really is the hope that kills you.

Godfather

Considering that I'm positive ETH is a dead man walking I feel similar. If it takes a few more losses to get rid of him and some of the dross we field so be it.

I'm not so sure on the owners though. These leeches will never leave.

The No.10!

OP is actually an interesting thought. It might be fun, as no one is anyway taking anything as entirely surprising, and I am including the ABU Media along with the fans, owners, etc. Just as a thought experiment, I think it might be fun!

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Thankfully I have a love of rugby, golf and cricket so that certainly helps. And Scottish football but that needs therapy sometimes as well :lol: but you're right, more interests away from football helps a lot.

Alex the Red

It’s almost like if you are going to cock something up you may aswell do it in style! Which we appear to be doing :(

RedIan

What a stupid thread. Fascinated ? We all want to do well, there's no morbid no fascination. Unbelievable to ask such silly questions.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
No. Absolutely not. The season is still salvageable so long as the club acts like big clubs are supposed to.

Marcus

What a stupid thread. Fascinated ? We all want to do well, there's no morbid no fascination. Unbelievable to ask such silly questions.
How do you see us having any hope of doing well? Players returning from injuries maybe? Sancho apologising? EtH deciding to play like Ajax? Our exiled striker returning from Spain?

LordSpud

Considering that I'm positive ETH is a dead man walking I feel similar. If it takes a few more losses to get rid of him and some of the dross we field so be it.

You realise when Ten Hag goes the "dross" on the field will still be there and likely going nowhere? They've all survived nearly 3 managers and due to crazy wages and not being able to get rid, will still be here the manager after next!

fergieisold

For me yes. There is so little joy this season and there is almost nothing to play for already. The lower down the table United finish, the more likelihood we will see real change. Owners may be incentivised to sell, players will ask to leave (hopefully more of the deadwood), protests will grow louder, real change in football structure, new manager who is both a great tactician and master motivator. So many upsides.
In a sadistic way I kind of am following how low we can go. We're not getting any entertainment to the upside so why not make it a goal to see how shit we can be?

ManUtd1999

I would say 6-8, maybe 9-10. We won’t be in the bottom half of the table in May.

hobbers

If ETH stays until the end of the season we'll finish somewhere from 14th to 10th. Not that interesting really.

Redstain

This is the reason why Eth will be sacked this season the low will be too low 8 losses in 15 this season, even the wins are cagey tussles. You know it's bad when you can't see the bottom, this will be the worst league finish in the club's recent history eclipsing Moyes. It's not fascinating but a disaster.

sugar_kane

Starting to think we may need an absolute stinker of a season (ie, bottom half) to properly reset.

AndySmith1990

Starting to think we may need an absolute stinker of a season (ie, bottom half) to properly reset.
Like Newcastle and Villa when they came back from the championship. Not that we'll sink that low. But maybe in the long run that'll be what it takes to get rid of the Glazer scum

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.

I feel the same I felt under Moyes. When he goes there will be such a massive sigh of relief for me.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Nothing fascinates me more than a relegation battle :drool:

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
This many years of watching United shower of shite has made me realize not to take every results so seriously, rather we should take things in more humorous manner, and always appreciate the philosophical side of things.

Let the free fall be fun or something.

CallyRed

A year in the championship, scraping to a 1 nil away at Millwall, what's not to be curious about

Roboc7

The only thing that will lead to real change is the Glazers getting their money and leaving. A bad season will not force them to make changes.

It’s conceivable we will finish in the bottom half, I can’t see us winning many of our next ten league games so I doubt we’ll be any higher in the table than we are now after those.

Marcus

In a sadistic way I kind of am following how low we can go. We're not getting any entertainment to the upside so why not make it a goal to see how shit we can be?
A year in the championship, scraping to a 1 nil away at Millwall, what's not to be curious about
We might be there with City if they get relegated for FFP breaches.

Scottynaldinho

I feel like the forum is completely falling apart. Only mods should make the threads until we see some progress.

Baxquux

I feel like the forum is completely falling apart. Only mods should make the threads until we see some progress.
There's at least one mod here who's more of a joker than the casual posters, so i don't think this would help.

Blood Mage

Well we're currently playing worse than Chelsea played under Lampard last season so who knows? 12th/13th could be a possibility if this form carries on.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Like Newcastle and Villa when they came back from the championship. Not that we'll sink that low. But maybe in the long run that'll be what it takes to get rid of the Glazer scum
Looking at the players we have, I even wonder if we'd survive a season in the Championship. More games and against teams who will be proper up for it since it's rare they meet United in a competitive league game. The big positive would be the players that we'd be rid of if we got relegated. Varane, Casemiro, possibly Antony, Shaw, Bruno and Rashford...it could be the massive clearout we need.

Huddsred

You realise when Ten Hag goes the "dross" on the field will still be there and likely going nowhere? They've all survived nearly 3 managers and due to crazy wages and not being able to get rid, will still be here the manager after next!
ETH signed half of the dross.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
We get this nonsense in every bad spell.

Even when we are complete toss we end up 7th or above.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Looking at the players we have, I even wonder if we'd survive a season in the Championship. More games and against teams who will be proper up for it since it's rare they meet United in a competitive league game. The big positive would be the players that we'd be rid of if we got relegated. Varane, Casemiro, possibly Antony, Shaw, Bruno and Rashford...it could be the massive clearout we need.
We wouldn't have those players because they want to play in CL, even if they stink the joint out when they get there. If we finish outside European places might be interesting to see how many jump ship.