Are you fascinated with how low down the league table United can finish?

mu4c_20le

You realise when Ten Hag goes the "dross" on the field will still be there and likely going nowhere? They've all survived nearly 3 managers and due to crazy wages and not being able to get rid, will still be here the manager after next!
Don't remind us. Antony, Mount, Onana for the next four five years....

RedDevil@84

Don't think your fascination will work. A few more losses and ETH will be gone. Players will start playing better instantly, now that they got what they want. We will end up in top 7-8 which would seem ok for Glazers.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Don't think your fascination will work. A few more losses and ETH will be gone. Players will start playing better instantly, now that they got what they want. We will end up in top 7-8 which would seem ok for Glazers.
As this keeps happening, maybe the fans should see them for what they are instead of lauding them to the skies when this occurs.

Marcus

That would be tragic. I hope that isn't their mentality.

Godfather

You realise when Ten Hag goes the "dross" on the field will still be there and likely going nowhere? They've all survived nearly 3 managers and due to crazy wages and not being able to get rid, will still be here the manager after next!
Half the players he signed (at least) will be fecked off by the new manager. Then some of the others that downed tools will hopefully be sold as well. It's more hope than confidence of course though

ClassAct147

Wouldn't be surprised if we are in the relegation zone at some stage this season but really can't see us going down. Trouble is there's no one playing worse than us at the moment so something has to change.
Players coming back from injuries will help but then we're destined to get more.
No sooner back until they're injured again.
We will have less games as we're not going far in the cups.
In a way that's a plus if not the best one.

RedBanker

I love you Ole
I am fascinated to see who will buy dross like Antony, Mount, Onana etc on top of the dross we already have.

Marcus

I hope United improve of course. But I don't fear relegation or the consequences of it.

black country red

Myself and a lot of other longtime United fans will tell you our season in the old second division was one of our most enjoyable as a fan so it’s not all doom and gloom

Bondi77

We wouldn't have those players because they want to play in CL, even if they stink the joint out when they get there. If we finish outside European places might be interesting to see how many jump ship.
I guarantee you none would jump ship as no other club would be stupid enough to match the wages they are on here.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Wouldn't mind a season in the championship actually, would be nice to go on a winning streak and be the top team in a league again.

TomSkalle

I wish.

Both Varane and Casemiro is over the top, and it was a mistake buying them.
Good players when they are rested, but at this lvl we cant have our best players only be at their best when they are rested.
Varane is also injury prone.

Another mistake by ETH.
Or Uniteds transfer policy as a whole.

Last edited:

acnumber9

Every season there’s a thread on here where people seriously think we are in a relegation battle and we never finish lower than 7th.

JimiboyX

Every season there’s a thread on here where people seriously think we are in a relegation battle and we never finish lower than 7th.
True, but it does seem like things are a bit different now to even just a few years ago. It costs at least 50 million quid just to get a half-decent squad player. With FFP biting as well, that makes a few bad outlays extremely costly for years to come. It does feel like the days of finishing no lower than about 7th just by virtue of what you can spend might be over. See: Chelsea.

Having said that, we're burgling enough results in games where we play rubbish to probably not be in any danger of finishing bottom half. And this season is an outlier in just how bad the teams at the bottom are too.

acnumber9

True, but it does seem like things are a bit different now to even just a few years ago. It costs at least 50 million quid just to get a half-decent squad player. With FFP biting as well, that makes a few bad outlays extremely costly for years to come. It does feel like the days of finishing no lower than about 7th just by virtue of what you can spend might be over. See: Chelsea.

Having said that, we're burgling enough results in games where we play rubbish to probably not be in any danger of finishing bottom half. And this season is an outlier in just how bad the teams at the bottom are too.
Even on current form we’d be on track for 62 points. Even if our form got much worse we’d still be nowhere near the bottom three. In any season.

Tyrion

Thats why I just roll my eyes at sky trying to poke Neville and Keane into going on some "PASSIONATE RANT" or "HEATED debate". This is in line with about half of our seasons in the last ten years. It isn't news.