Are you happy with the football we have played this season overall?

RedMilo

@RedMilo

Fergie lined up cautiously against teams like Liverpool - occasionally playing someone like Jones in midfield- he did it the odd time against other strong teams- that pitiful game against City we lost 1 nil and an 8 point league comes to mind.... he never.... and I emphasis never.... played with what was effectively a back 6 with Mhiki and Mata as de facto wing backs especially against a team like Arsenal... when he did tighten up it was never like Jose's approach

never in his management did he approach a game against a team so mentally weak with such a negative outlook

the team selection issue is the same - and this has been the issue in the easier games as well - rather than play a creative, fast attacking player he's picked a team with safety in mind, paying too much respect to a team in my view

our main issue this season has been our inability to score and invariably this ends up with hoofball with Fellaini/Ibra trying to knock the ball down for others which is ridiculous - you don't mind the really direct approach with 5 mins to go but with 20/25 at times - thats just silly for me

I expect a lot more from Mourinho as well as the players next year
Hi buckoo, my point is that Fergie adopted his tactics negatively in my opinion against better opposition as well. Mourinho knows his players capabilities better than you or I, it is quite clear he didn't fancy going toe for toe against Arsenal especially with a more important game coming up in midweek.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Definitely B for me. And Mourinho is still the best manager for me.

WPMUFC

Answer: B

It’s cold comfort, but despite the lack of goals, this United team is better than in years past. Everything other than United’s finishing has improved.

It’s small consolation for United fans coping with the possibility of a fifth-place season, but United’s attack actually marks a decided step forward for the club.
https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/manchester-united-is-too-unlucky-to-be-great/

I'll take jose's football any day over what we have been served since SAF left.

How quickly people forget the sarcastic cheering and clapping at Old Trafford after LVG turned our team into PTSD-riddled children.

This club has struggled ever since the "succession" plan the club tried to implement. Jose has taken this team out of the three-season swap of Moyes and LVG and is achieving great improvements.