Arkadiusz Milik 2016/17

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
He was so shit at the Euros. Seems to be a good striker at club level though.

izec

Such a weird player. I swear it looks like half the time he never really connects properly with the ball, but still goes in. Reminds me of Cavani, when he has no time to think he bangs/heads them in.

Vashu

Predicted Sanchez's signing announcement
In qualifications to Euros he did what Lewa couldn't at that time, that is score goals and assist others. After making most appearances in his career last season for Ajax I think he got out of fuel for the incoming tournament. Not that it would stop knobheads from scapegoating young striker. Boy's a good striker with sweet left foot and very good technique.

Robbie Boy

Think he struggled with language and overall, he was pretty young, possibly not ready for the transfer.
Cheers. I thought after his loan at Ajax, he might have been given a chance but I suppose Ajax wanted him permanently and Leverkusen had signed Hernandez. Looks a very clinical striker at times and pretty awkward at times. Still young and I wonder what level he will reach.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Cheers. I thought after his loan at Ajax, he might have been given a chance but I suppose Ajax wanted him permanently and Leverkusen had signed Hernandez. Looks a very clinical striker at times and pretty awkward at times. Still young and I wonder what level he will reach.
Yup, I think it's his mentality is holding him back, he still seems to be incredibly childish at times.

Vashu

Any reason why Leverkusen never gave him a chance?
Did some small research on the matter.
Leverkusen had Kießling as main striker and it looks like he's an iron man who spends no time on sidelines. In 2014 Bayer had a hard on for Josip Drmic so their calculation was probably that they don't have place for all 3 of them. As a result 20 year old Milik was the one left out.
After arriving at Ajax there were expressed remarks that he was lagging behind with his tactical know-how and technical ability with non-existing right foot. It looks like he didn't impress in trainings in Germany and had general problems with adaptation there.

Robbie Boy

Did some small research on the matter.
Leverkusen had Kießling as main striker and it looks like he's an iron man who spends no time on sidelines. In 2014 Bayer had a hard on for Josip Drmic so their calculation was probably that they don't have place for all 3 of them. As a result 20 year old Milik was the one left out.
After arriving at Ajax there were expressed remarks that he was lagging behind with his tactical know-how and technical ability with non-existing right foot. It looks like he didn't impress in trainings in Germany and had general problems with adaptation there.
Cheers for the feedback.

BlueCelery

Supports
Chelsea
Bit of a fluke start. 4 headers, with most of them from relatively close range after opposition errors.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Came off the bench today. Six minutes later:

Great ball from Hamsik and nice finish.

Just scored another:

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Milik's first five Napoli games
Minutes: 305'
Goals: 6
Assists: 0
Goal every x minutes: 50.8

Higuain's first five Napoli games
Minutes: 415'
Goals: 4
Assists: 1
Goal every x minutes: 103.8'

Cavani's first five Napoli games
Minutes: 379'
Goals: 4
Assists: 0
Goal every x minutes: 94.8'

Cavani scored 33 goals in his debut season while Higuain scored 24.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Early days but I think it would be both cool if he surpassed Higuain's last season scoring record or just overtook him as top scorer in Serie A. Would be pretty laughable as well.

Defo need him strong mentally for our NT.

legolegs

duploarms
Supports
Ajax
Miss him a lot already but very glad to see him doing well. Great scorer.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
I think he supports us...if he keeps this up then maybe he could be our Ibra replacement!

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Incredible how he can be a completely different player for the club and for he country. He's been terrible finisher for Poland for the last year or so.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Seems like he's done his ACL in yesterday's match against Denmark, poor guy.

Edit: or it's not torn but damaged, need a surgery anyway and will be out for a couple of months.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Seems like he's done his ACL in yesterday's match against Denmark, poor guy.

Edit: or it's not torn but damaged, need a surgery anyway and will be out for a couple of months.
Genuinely feel sorry for the guy. Had a great start so far at Napoli.

Vashu

Milik's fall looked innocuous. Until Italian or French docs confirm ACL tear I'm not buying this worst case scenario that's doing the rounds.

Jerzol78

Milik's fall looked innocuous. Until Italian or French docs confirm ACL tear I'm not buying this worst case scenario that's doing the rounds.
From what I heard it might be some sort of ACL damage, not tear.

Vashu

From what I heard it might be some sort of ACL damage, not tear.
That's good to hear. Few weeks to few months out isn't that bad compared to, practically speaking, end of his season.

Devil81

Nothing against Milik or any other striker for the matter, I'm starting to think the Italian league is an easy league for goalscorers.

Nedved

Nothing against Milik or any other striker for the matter, I'm starting to think the Italian league is an easy league for goalscorers.
Mario Gomez, Edin Dzeko, Seydou Doumbia, Mario Mandzukic and Alvaro Morata probably think the opposite.

Vashu

http://www.scoresway.com/?sport=soccer&page=news&view=article&news_id=861942
Napoli hopeful of January return for Milik

Napoli are optimistic striker Arkadiusz Milik will only miss three months of action after rupturing the anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee.

The 22-year-old was forced off at half-time of Poland's 3-2 2018 World Cup qualifying win over Denmark on Saturday and the subsequent scan a day later revealed the severity of the problem.

He will have to contend with a lengthy spell on the sidelines, but Napoli's medical chief Alfonso De Nicola is hopeful that he could be back playing as early as January.

"The left knee of Milik is in perfect condition, beyond the damage to the ligament," he told Radio Kiss Kiss. "We expected to find further injuries.

"On the recovery time I want to be optimistic. It will be shorter than the timeframes initially announced as they were precautionary.

"We say [he will return] in three months, maybe three and a half, but we are hopeful that it will be even less."

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Mario Gomez, Edin Dzeko, Seydou Doumbia, Mario Mandzukic and Alvaro Morata probably think the opposite.
Weird set of players named there. Everyone but Doumbia were shipped off to Italy because they weren't good enough for their teams. Doumbia is poor anyways, Morata hasn't showed yet that he can score goals in the big leagues, Mandzukic is on par really and Dzeko has 4 in 5 in his 2nd season. Gomez played more for Besiktas last season than he did for Fiorentina in 2 seasons.

I don't agree btw that it's easy to score in Serie A. That's a weird claim. It's not easy to score in any of the top leagues. A bit easier if you play for the best attacking teams like Barca, Real, Bayern, Dortmund, Juve, PSG or City but that's because you're playing with better and more creative players.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
I tried creating a new thread on him in the transfer forum, but only got «Obs, we ran into some problems». So I will put this here;

Would be interesting to hear the opinion on Milik and this case of anyone who follow Napoli/Serie A. I remember him well from his time at Ajax, and I thought he was a really exciting player at the time.

I really feared for his carrier when he had two knee injuries in his fist two season at Napoli. But he came back and looked very good in 2019.

At 27 this summer he could be about to enter his peak years. He is a striker with different qualities than our current attackers. He is also a Man Utd-fan (and been very vocal about it). In this environment, at a free, he would be a very interesting signing. Low risk, high reward.

Probably not a player of our interest, but someone could do a great deal signing him on free.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
He's good, but the injuries have been bad and he's just not that reliable anymore physically. He also never managed to kick on, unfortunately, because of it

Still a good punt on a free for anyone needing a striker

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Wasn’t he meant to go to Juventus?