Arse vs the Champions: post match.

urinates in helmets
Supports
Berwick Rangers
Thought the draw was fair. Ref showed too many yellow which affected the game.

Onwards.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I quite enjoyed Rafael's pot luck touch today... you never quite knew what was going to happen.

It was Phil Jones-esq.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Despite being half drunk today, we still created more clear cut chances than them. I thought Rooney's header in the second half should've been in.

Also thought Wenger made a big mistake in subbing of Roscisky, he was their best player today.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
Apart from the ref going for the "how many United players can I book without actually accidentally sending one off" challenge, it was all a bit lacklustre.

Summarising then: Meh.

On the other hand -
Championes, championes
Ole, Ole, Ole

urinates in helmets
Supports
Berwick Rangers
I hope that draw keeps the arse out of the top four at the end of the season.

togg

I thought we would lose today purely because the pressure was off and I'm sure some of the younger players have stolen into nightclubs late under the Fergie radar! So pretty pleased with that. Expecially as the Arse needed it so much more...

Valencia was again pretty shite. I'm not sure what the loyalty is there, but he really didn't deserve the full 90. Rooney was ok, after half time. I still think something is going on there...something we don't know. Something about his body language is kind of odd...

Coca Cola

One balled wonder
I was afraid we'd get smashed after the early goal. Thankfully the play got better as the game went on. Draw is a fair result.

Dowd was pathetic.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Decent watch. I hate draws. Arsenal's failure to beat a hungover team is the real talking point when they're desperate for points.

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Only saw the last 20 minutes and though it was quite entertaining. We played some good stuff too.

Really didn't give a toss about the result but pleased enough that l'Arse dropped points, despite the United team going on the piss all week. Arsenal couldn't have asked for a better opportunity to beat us and still fecked it up. Hehe.

Duafc

Village Lemon
I actually oddly preferred the first half when we were playing shit and Arsenal were doing well. The goal destroyed them with hilarious ease and the second half never really got going for me. Ultimately a very poor, flat performance.

Rio and Evans looked solid, Jones showed endeavor at times but also lacks quality, he's been so good at CB of late I just can't justify playing him in CM over Clevs/Kagawa or Ando, I think Fergie desperately wants to get the best of him, to the neglect of other players.

Also disappointing to see Valencia get the whole 90 over Nani (and the subs) obviously he's trying to play the wingers into form but I'd rather see Nani given the time than Valencia, both could leave in the summer for me. I'd miss Nani, though like Berba, despite being obviously brilliant it may just be best to leave.

iguanamanc

Not complaining - a draw away to another top 4 side is normally considered a good result. Past history and current position inclusive.

Ronnie O'Sullivan

We would & should have won it easily. Arse got their lucky break with the offside goal and looked dangerous for a while, then faded quickly. Our players looked to be still in celebration mode and didn't really have the motivation to go for all out for a kill. Rooney was poor again and Valencia back to his wasteful ways! Wenger will be having a few sleepless nights.

Castia

First 30-35 minutes were terrible but after that we sort of got it together and could have won in the end. Draw was probably a fair result.

ForeverUnited19

Not in the Matchday threads - it's bad luck.
Decent game. Couldn't handle the pressing early on, but grew into the game once Arsenal slacked off. Still we could have scored 3-4 goals, 2 chances for Jones and the header for RVP.

Bossed the 2nd half in terms of chances, good cutting edge to our play at times. Didn't really think the record points total was getable, so with that out of the way a chance to play some promising youngsters after the Chelsea game.

Vooon

Hal Institute for Criminally Insane Robots
Also disappointing to see Valencia get the whole 90 over Nani (and the subs) obviously he's trying to play the wingers into form but I'd rather see Nani given the time than Valencia, both could leave in the summer for me. I'd miss Nani, though like Berba, despite being obviously brilliant it may just be best to leave.
Valencia had a few good moments but mostly seemed to try and out-do Bebe with his crosses. That moment when Rafael was waiting for him to blast down the wing was utterly bizarre as well, makes you wonder where his mind is. He does seem to be totally out of it and probably needs a long holiday.

I think Nani was pretty fresh and hope he stays on next season.

Dowd had a total stinker and should be relegated to the Championship.

Overall I think the result was ok, although we definitely could have won it. The only positive thing for me is that I want Arsenal (and Tottenham) to finish above Chelsea to keep them out of the CL.

Nogbadthebad

I thought the first 30 minutes were poor, and I would say that was a reflection on them partying earlier in the week, not that I begrudge any of them that, if anything, it shows how dedicated they have to be to turn it on week in week out for the other 10 months.

After that, and especially when Carrick started to really press rosiscky , we were the better side.

After the goal, I couldnt see anyone but us going on to win it, another day and the goalie doesnt get his face on VP's header, or the deflection doesnt happen and Giggs' shot goes in the far corner, aside from now not being able to break the points record, I cant say a draw is that disappointing though, I think arsenal needed more than that for 4th myself, it may come back to haunt them.

Rooney was good, Rio was excellent, hes had a few moments this season but right now,form wise, best defender in the league.
I thought both wingers were a bit poor today to be honest, not sure whats happened to valencia , but nani looks drained of any confidence , shame really, I like them both .

Phil Jones was ok, he isnt a midfielder, and I dont think he ever will be, but that lad would crawl over hot coals for his team , cant really fault him , he didnt ask to play out of position.

Sunny Jim

Warsaw...that's too far away from Edinburgh...
I thought we would lose today purely because the pressure was off and I'm sure some of the younger players have stolen into nightclubs late under the Fergie radar! So pretty pleased with that. Expecially as the Arse needed it so much more...

Valencia was again pretty shite. I'm not sure what the loyalty is there, but he really didn't deserve the full 90. Rooney was ok, after half time. I still think something is going on there...something we don't know. Something about his body language is kind of odd...
I have the same feeling about Rooney.

Devil may care

Arsenal came out with a high pressing intensity that caught us off guard. We did well to contain things and then play our way into the game. Over the 90 minutes we created the better chances but a draw was probably a fair result.

The Neviller

Rooney was shite, Jones was shite, Valencia was shite, Nani was shite. Young was shite too and he didn't play. Giggs was shite, Scholes is shite.

Everyone is shite. Apart from RVP, though it's only a matter of time.

Shite.

acnumber9

Rooney was shite, Jones was shite, Valencia was shite, Nani was shite. Young was shite too and he didn't play. Giggs was shite, Scholes is shite.

Shite.
Kagawa was great though. He hypnotised Sanga into playing like a reject from the special Olympics.

SER19

Shite.
jones had a good game, nani played well and his crossing was excellent nobody bothered to try get on the end of them. he was a constant threat on the breakaway but admittedly made a couple of poor decisions at the key moment. overall good though.

i assume you were only being semi serious anyway.

i thought ferdinand was great. shame giggsy didnt score that time,wouldve been a beauty. we played some lovely counter attacks in the second half.

The Neviller

jones had a good game, nani played well and his crossing was excellent nobody bothered to try get on the end of them. he was a constant threat on the breakaway but admittedly made a couple of poor decisions at the key moment. overall good though.

i assume you were only being semi serious anyway.

i thought ferdinand was great. shame giggsy didnt score that time,wouldve been a beauty. we played some lovely counter attacks in the second half.
Erm?

Moriarty

Thought the draw was fair. Ref showed too many yellow which affected the game.

Onwards.
Dowd ruined it for me. Once again, a referee wants to be centre stage and the game suffers accordingly.

Touch of jam about Walcott's goal in that he was offside, but he did take his chance well. Some bloody awful crossing from our wing play on the right. Both Rafael and Valencia had poor games. Rooney was good in patches but has to work far too hard and far too deep to get the ball at times. Rio looked sublime but Evans was off the pace.

Nani showed some neat ability and a willingness to attack their defence and it was odd that Fergie subbed him when he might have won the match for us. Giggs might have done better from Rooney's lovely pass. Why Kagawa was left out is odd too. He would have been great in the spaces left by Arsenal's defence in second half. But, as you say, onwards and hopefully upwards.