Arsenal 2023/24 - Born to be runner up

erikcred

I just can't shake this feeling that it will be tight nervy game and then Spurs score first in the 60th min or something.

I guess the more likely scenario is Haaland puts City 1-0 up after 5 mins.
At the very least hope they put up a proper fight. I just don't want the game done in 10 mins. I'd like a 5-4 game. Don't care who wins.

dan1509

Seeing the arsenal fans on their forums hating on tottenham for being bottlers is hilarious. You clowns played City recently and happily took the 0--0 draw without even trying to win the game, then proceeded to bottle it against Villa. I said it at the time they were playing city, they really should have pushed harder for the win knowing that City will win every remaining game

Guy Incognito

When you rely on your neighbours to get a result you don't deserve the title.

City smelt blood when they lost to Villa and pounced like champions.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Seeing the arsenal fans on their forums hating on tottenham for being bottlers is hilarious. You clowns played City recently and happily took the 0--0 draw without even trying to win the game, then proceeded to bottle it against Villa. I said it at the time they were playing city, they really should have pushed harder for the win knowing that City will win every remaining game
Yeah but we should congratulate them because they played some nice football and didn't lose to city

Irwin99

Feel for them a bit, despite the old rivalry.

That's a hell of a rebuild Arteta has done and they should have been rewarded for it but so few people outside of United or Liverpool fans actually care about City's dominance, which we all know is corrupt as feck.

Changeisgood

Supports
Arsenal
It's hard to see it stopping right? They seem to go on a relentless tear whenever they need to.

I know people want to put asterisks on their trophies but in the end that image disappears very quickly. Unfortunately, they are the best club the PL has seen. And they did it through cheating...cheaters don't prosper? Hmmm, they do in the PL.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Don’t think Arsenal will get a better chance to win the league than this year. That must hurt pretty bad to know you’ve come close 2 years in a row

SER19

Unlucky arsenal. Robbed of a title by a cheating team and the countless complicit sycophants that make it possible. When the media fill you with hollow praise on sunday, remember that they've done more than play their part in this absurd charade continuing

SER19

When you rely on your neighbours to get a result you don't deserve the title.

City smelt blood when they lost to Villa and pounced like champions.
Yeah but when you get around 90 points and are only beaten by the propaganda arm of a middle Eastern state who have 115 charges being buried by every media outlet in the UK, you kind of do deserve the title

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Don’t think Arsenal will get a better chance to win the league than this year. That must hurt pretty bad to know you’ve come close 2 years in a row
Chance for every team to win the league is the same every year.

Why changed the title by the way?

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Eh, the Etihad is a very difficult place to play at. They took 4 points off City this season

The mid season slump cost them, and only marginally

wr8_utd

:'(
They'll be pissed off by that. City looked absolutely awful tonight and extremely nervy.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Arsenal lost it over xmas really. Losing at home to West Ham but of course any team can have one game where they constantly shoot at goal and nothing goes in and then they lose a couple at the other end. However they then three days later lost at Fulham after going a goal up.

You could also say being 1 up at Anfield and not winning that was a bigger disappointment than drawing 0-0 at Man. City.

One lesson they need to take from this season. They need more goal power right from the start of next season. Didn't score enough in first half so you also had results like losing to us and Newcastle 1-0.

They're probably where Liverpool were in 2019 so just have to keep believing as their spine is very very good and still all 25 or under.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Arsenal lost it over xmas really. Losing at home to West Ham but of course any team can have one game where they constantly shoot at goal and nothing goes in and then they lose a couple at the other end. However they then three days later lost at Fulham after going a goal up.
The title is lost in that period knowing City will get 90+ points in a season.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
The title is lost in that period knowing City will get 90+ points in a season.
Well you've likely gone from 85 to 89 points while also combining CL for first time for this squad so I think that's a big positive.

Arteta right at the start of the season was also messing around playing Partey at RB and Gabriel was benched so that will be another lesson learnt.

You're not really far away but of course Man. City just turn into a machine from mid February onwards in seasons. Arsenal probably needed them to stay in the CL as they may have dropped points in one of the league games then.

AshRK

This may sound harsh but they should have gone to city and tried to get 3 points. That was the statement they needed to make. Pep did a jose and played for 0-0 and got it. Beat them and they crumble.

Changeisgood

Supports
Arsenal

You could also say being 1 up at Anfield and not winning that was a bigger disappointment than drawing 0-0 at Man. City.

One lesson they need to take from this season. They need more goal power right from the start of next season. Didn't score enough in first half so you also had results like losing to us and Newcastle 1-0.

They're probably where Liverpool were in 2019 so just have to keep believing as their spine is very very good and still all 25 or under.
Completely agree. Sums it up very well.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Well you've likely gone from 85 to 89 points while also combining CL for first time for this squad so I think that's a big positive.

Arteta right at the start of the season was also messing around playing Partey at RB and Gabriel was benched so that will be another lesson learnt.

You're not really far away but of course Man. City just turn into a machine from mid February onwards in seasons. Arsenal probably needed them to stay in the CL as they may have dropped points in one of the league games then.
We know it took Liverpool/Klopp 99 points to win the league, even 97(18/19), 92 (21/22) are not enough. It is a good season anyway.

AshRK

The thing is there are major things that have worked in their favour like having a fit squad, poor form of other big clubs, as well as playing big teams when their key players have been unavailable. No guarantees it will work like that next season.

Couple of injuries to their key players can cause a mini turmoil and the 89 point season starts becoming a low 80 one. Liverpool under Klopp faced similar issues. This city side is a major juggernaut and one has to give 10/10 to win a title against them.

Guy Incognito

They'll be pissed off by that. City looked absolutely awful tonight and extremely nervy.
By their own standards yep.

City just have the right firepower. Liverpool can't defend for toffee and Arsenal were shotshy over Xmas which allowed City to regain control

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
I think next year will be their best chance. Another year on De Bruyne and Walker's wheels, maybe Silva fecks off, maybe City get a few points deducted.

AshRK

Well so did arsenal against us but we were jack shit. Overall these top teams even when they look awful manage to win

Blood Mage

Only got themselves to blame for losing to Villa like they did. That was the chance.

Bwuk

I think teams need to take 6 points off City to have a chance at winning it tbh.

BorisManUtd

Even if they don't win it on Sunday, I back Arsenal to do a 2019/20 Liverpool season next year.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
We know it took Liverpool/Klopp 99 points to win the league, even 97(18/19), 92 (21/22) are not enough. It is a good season anyway.
You'll just have to keep going. The problem is if any season Man. City were going to drop off it would be after winning the treble and ultimately they've still eased into 91 points. Can't see them collapsing next season like they did in the year Liverpool won it.

Pep fecking off is a year closer at least I guess. :lol:

eire-red

Can't really stand Arsenal, but now that City will more than likely go on to win it I'm sickened for them.

It's not just losing the title, but the fact that you have to be near perfect to be in with a chance of winning it, and one off day in an overall incredible second half of the season is enough to see it gone.

LordSpud

Unlucky arsenal. Robbed of a title by a cheating team and the countless complicit sycophants that make it possible. When the media fill you with hollow praise on sunday, remember that they've done more than play their part in this absurd charade continuing

It will be a different team to suffer next year. Just not us.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Even if they don't win it on Sunday, I back Arsenal to do a 2019/20 Liverpool season next year.
It will be interesting to see where they go from here, their players could have a great euros/copa América and they bring in the cherry on top in the window

Or the opposite and they're 9th by November