Arsenal 22/23 - go to new thread

oates

No one is a match for his two masters degrees
Scout
Supports
Arsenal
They do get a little bit carried away considering it’s not even Christmas yet but they are doing well and it’s easy to get caught up in the moment.

Id suggest they just enjoy things as they are rather than trying to declare certain players world class at such an early stage.
The 'They'. Hmm, don't get carried away with generalising. Sure each week we somehow scrape the points together and it's a little exciting but us 'they' ain't all on the Youtube innit? :lol:

TheReligion

Abusive
The 'They'. Hmm, don't get carried away with generalising. Sure each week we somehow scrape the points together and it's a little exciting but us 'they' ain't all on the Youtube innit? :lol:
You have to admit judging by the sample size on the Caf your fanbase do like to get a little giddy no?:D

oates

Scout
Supports
Arsenal
You have to admit judging by the sample size on the Caf your fanbase do like to get a little giddy no?:D
Sample Size on the Caf? I bet neither you nor I have any clue exactly how many members of each oppo club there actually are on here. We'll ask @Damien if it's on a database or some such but the title of the thread is about Arsenal, of course you'll get a bit of excitement about what could be, that's what the forum is here for!

:lol:

Threesus

Their fans have been unbearable on twitter man. Always thought pool fans were bad, these guys are something else. Like, how do they make everything about themselves? They are getting a bit giddy here too. When was the last time it was like this here? 2004?

ThatsGreat

Supports
Arsenal
So Kane and RvP weren’t doing the business Internationally and in the CL?

What are you talking about
No they weren't, Kane lost a CL and RVP had only a knockout win in the CL to celebrate before a win. Saliba has been performing for 3 years now, if Arsenal aren't in the CL, or he's not made the French team till now, doesn't mean that he hasn't been playing well.

oates

Scout
Supports
Arsenal
Their fans have been unbearable on twitter man. Always thought pool fans were bad, these guys are something else. Like, how do they make everything about themselves? They are getting a bit giddy here too. When was the last time it was like this here? 2004?
What? Your complaining that once in every 18 years or so we manage to put a mini run together and dream about the Bergkamp/Overmars days?

Don't worry, we know our place, we know we're only guests. ;)

TheReligion

Abusive
Sample Size on the Caf? I bet neither you nor I have any clue exactly how many members of each oppo club there actually are on here. We'll ask @Damien if it's on a database or some such but the title of the thread is about Arsenal, of course you'll get a bit of excitement about what could be, that's what the forum is here for!

:lol:
Captain Obvious! Hello! :lol:

TheReligion

Abusive
No they weren't, Kane lost a CL and RVP had only a knockout win in the CL to celebrate before a win. Saliba has been performing for 3 years now, if Arsenal aren't in the CL, or he's not made the French team till now, doesn't mean that he hasn't been playing well.
Both Kane and RvP have performed in the CL and Internationally. That’s the point.

Your examples haven’t yet.

Surely you understand that difference?

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Flipping heck, a good run of form and everyone suddenly becomes world class. :lol:

None of their players are world class right now. Saliba has the potential to be there, but he’s not even played half a season at this level ffs.

Surely Garnacho is world class after Thursdays performance then.

Last season it was despair with fans wanting Arteta out and the whole squad revamping. Now they are all world class.
Lewis Hall is world class now.

oates

Scout
Supports
Arsenal
Come on. You and @P-Ro need some new material surely?!
I don't think so, you can't beat some of the old ones.

I said earlier, it's not a discussion or argument Arsenal fans on an Arsenal thread on a Utd Forum can win. If the kids aren't excited and don't give their predictions and the team does well then they'll just get shit anyway, as much at least as if they show some keeness and we inevitably bottle it in March.

I'm off for some tiffin and a bit of siesta, manana Bumlyface x

TheReligion

Abusive
to be honest, what's the definition of world class ? different people have different benchmarks for world class.
I think it’s in the title.

Best class in the world.

So you have to be at international and the top European level surely and one of the best in that category.

Chief123

So you have to be at international and the top European level surely and one of the best in that category.
Nope. It’s performing at the top level in international and champions league football as well as a top European league. Or play 10 good games for Arsenal.

Swordsman

Nope. It’s performing at the top level in international and champions league football as well as a top European league. Or play 10 good games for Arsenal.
Perform at top level in international ? Does that mean the world cup ? If so Haaland is unlikely to be a world class player ?

the_cliff

my view ?

A world class player is someone who can walk into the starting IX of any team in the world.
So you'd say there are only 11 world class players in the world ?

I disagree, I'd say top3 in their position in the world would constitute a world class player, maybe even top 5.

For example. Lewandowski wouldn't walk into Madrids IX because of Benzema does that mean he isn't world class ?

Chairman Steve

They’re going to be the team that at the moment really don’t want the World Cup right now. No major injuries and serious momentum.

No one knows how it will pan out in 6 weeks time but that kind of momentum is priceless and gets lost when you’re not playing for that long.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Might just do a Leicester and win it this season!

LARulz

feck sake. I know it's nice to see City lose but my hatred for Arsenal is almost unmatched

Hopefully the World Cup means they lose all momentum

Josh 76

They won’t ever have a better chance.
2 new signings in January might seem the through.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
And that's your problem. I've yet to see any fans that aren't unbearable on Twitter!

Lee565

If they win the league where will it rank in the premier league years in terms of upsets compared to Blackburn and Leicester?

Nish115

Supports
Arsenal
Some of you are a bit odd.

Who said anyone is world class off the back of 10 games out of interest? Oh.. ye nobody.

People like to make things up :lol:

I said IF we win the league, does anyone think any of our players could be considered world class. I also followed it by saying, I am guessing some people would say none still. I never said anyone would be, I said there's a few players who could get to that level.

TheReligion

Abusive
Some of you are a bit odd.

Who said anyone is world class off the back of 10 games out of interest? Oh.. ye nobody.

People like to make things up :lol:

I said IF we win the league, does anyone think any of our players could be considered world class. I also followed it by saying, I am guessing some people would say none still. I never said anyone would be, I said there's a few players who could get to that level.
As you’ve been told no.

If you win the league and these players go on to perform in the CL and internationally then yes.

Plenty of potential though but the world class bar is higher than you seem to think.

Nish115

Supports
Arsenal
As you’ve been told no.

If you win the league and these players go on to perform in the CL and internationally then yes.

Plenty of potential though but the world class bar is higher than you seem to think.
No issues with that view, think it would be a common one.

I think though that Partey, Jesus, Saliba could all be on the cusp considering the first two have played at a high level before for other clubs, and Saliba to be fair is dependant on the world cup but probably needs another year of consistency.

Again, all ifs and buts.

Kaush949

From wikipedia:

In 2022, Kroenke experienced a unique feat with three of his teams winning championships in the same calendar year - the Rams winning the Super Bowl (February), the Mammoth winning the NLL Championship (June), and the Avalanche winning the Stanley Cup (June).

The writing is on the wall. :eek:

TheReligion

Abusive
From wikipedia:

In 2022, Kroenke experienced a unique feat with three of his teams winning championships in the same calendar year - the Rams winning the Super Bowl (February), the Mammoth winning the NLL Championship (June), and the Avalanche winning the Stanley Cup (June).

The writing is on the wall. :eek:
They’d win it in 2023 though?

TheReligion

Abusive
No issues with that view, think it would be a common one.

I think though that Partey, Jesus, Saliba could all be on the cusp considering the first two have played at a high level before for other clubs, and Saliba to be fair is dependant on the world cup but probably needs another year of consistency.

Again, all ifs and buts.
I would say out of those three Jesus needs to do it for Brazil, Partey needs to show some consistency and Saliba at Euro and International level.

ThatsGreat

Supports
Arsenal
Both Kane and RvP have performed in the CL and Internationally. That’s the point.

Your examples haven’t yet.

Surely you understand that difference?
How're any Arsenal player going to perform internationally when most of them are in the early 20s without a chance to play in the national team, and Arsenal haven't played in the CL for 6 years. I don't necessary claim that Arsenal have any WC players, but your definition establishes their status after the fact.
Lets say by the time they're 30, Saka, Martinelli, Saliba, Odegaard have illustrious careers winning/or competing(since you acknowledge that Kane is wc) in multiple WC's and CL competitions. You will then accept that they're WC, and be like obviously they played so well in the 2022-23 season, they're world class players. It lacks nous, a bot could make that claim by just looking at CL/International winners.

TheReligion

Abusive
How're any Arsenal player going to perform internationally when most of them are in the early 20s without a chance to play in the national team, and Arsenal haven't played in the CL for 6 years. I don't necessary claim that Arsenal have any WC players, but your definition establishes their status after the fact.
Lets say by the time they're 30, Saka, Martinelli, Saliba, Odegaard have illustrious careers winning/or competing(since you acknowledge that Kane is wc) in multiple WC's and CL competitions. You will then accept that they're WC, and be like obviously they played so well in the 2022-23 season, they're world class players. It lacks nous, a bot could make that claim by just looking at CL/International winners.
I’m not really sure what you’re waffling on about but I think I’ve made my criteria quite clear.

You have a number of potentially world class players but it’s too early yet to put them in that bracket.

Trying to compare Kane and RvP is one of the most bizarre things I’ve seen considering they both actually hit the criteria I’ve suggested.