I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
Why do their former keepers shit the bed when playing them

Nish115

Supports
Arsenal
Yeah that's what it's all about!
I feel like if that happens we'll have done what we could really. Most likely if we don't win it from that it's because City have gone on a monster run. Realistically looking at fixtures, i'd be targeting the 90 mark at the upper limit. If City still win at that, they'd have basically won 90% of their remaining matches.

Irwin99

Can't stand their fans but I'd rather see Arsenal win it than City, I think it'd be a victory for good planning and some wise decisions (whatever you think of Arteta). Winning the next two 'easy' games is a must.

They have a horrible April fixture list and then Newcastle which is the run of games where I can see it being lost. If they can get past the Newcastle game and remain even a point above City then they'll do it. Their last three fixtures are Brighton (h), Forest (a) and Wolves (h).

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
I feel like if that happens we'll have done what we could really. Most likely if we don't win it from that it's because City have gone on a monster run. Realistically looking at fixtures, i'd be targeting the 90 mark at the upper limit. If City still win at that, they'd have basically won 90% of their remaining matches.
It's a title race mate, just get over the line. Noone remembers or cares about 2nd.

You can back pat like we have over 'progress' blah blah but in the position you're in if you don't win it now it's a cock up.

I hope you do it in our absence.

Buxton

Supports
Arsenal
I love the football we play. The team is always on the front foot giving it everything and never giving up. There is no downside in what we are doing and every arsenal fan has to be proud of the team and manager. The only aim now is to beat palace next (sporting too providing we rest half the team again).
There’s too much enjoyment to be had now, to worry about collapses, bottling it, and points total, just enjoy the team we have become compared to what we’ve been over the last 10 years.

Reactions: Invictus

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
I'm surprised how solid their back 5 is. Players like Ramsdale, Zinchenko, Ben White, Gabriel, hardly world-class players are they.

JSArsenal

I think April will kill us. Ideally I'd like a 12 point lead before the Liverpool game because I can see us losing to Liverpool, City and Chelsea. I'm not even trying to do a weird reverse jinx thing. We've been poor in those fixtures recently, well the first two. If we go to Anfield and get hammered and the Etihad this team may flounder.

We're probably going to win it, if City go deep in Europe and take their eye off the ball but they're so good at these late season runs to win the league, it's annoying.

I think this is it for these lads as well. There's no well finish second and we go again next season. Not when every other team may be stronger. If after our game at the Etihad there's more than a 3 point gap between us and City I'll start to truly believe we will win the league.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
I'm surprised how solid their back 5 is. Players like Ramsdale, Zinchenko, Ben White, Gabriel, hardly world-class players are they.
As a casual observer that Gabriel seems to have something about him. Not fussed on the others.

AshRK

Next 2 months will tell whether arteta will have Klopp like legacy or Rodgers like.

Arsenal fans can be in denial but they should win the title from here. This city side is hardly as good or special as their previous years.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
As a casual observer that Gabriel seems to have something about him. Not fussed on the others.
He was very dodgy in the early parts of the season, felt like Arsenal were winning games despite his repeated attempts to sabotage them :lol:

Since the World Cup though, he’s been excellent and probably their best defender. No idea what suddenly clicked for him, but he’s cut out his mental lapses almost completely.

Sylar

I love the football we play. The team is always on the front foot giving it everything and never giving up. There is no downside in what we are doing and every arsenal fan has to be proud of the team and manager. The only aim now is to beat palace next (sporting too providing we rest half the team again).
There’s too much enjoyment to be had now, to worry about collapses, bottling it, and points total, just enjoy the team we have become compared to what we’ve been over the last 10 years.
Guarantee you will enjoy winning the title and having borefest games until the end of the season much much more than playing how you are but missing out by a point

kaku06

Vulgarian
It’s their style of play more than anything which makes the players and whole unit better. The whole system works like one. Every player looks amazing every defender look great just like at city. I have been really impressed with arteta on that part.

If you see how Arsenal play, they are never short of passing options anywhere on the pitch, there are no big gaps between players, every player is within 10-20 yards of each other moving and creating options all the time and when they attack the whole team moves up together like an organism same goes for when they defend. I give all the credit to Arteta as much as I hate him.

Buxton

Supports
Arsenal
I think April will kill us. Ideally I'd like a 12 point lead before the Liverpool game because I can see us losing to Liverpool, City and Chelsea. I'm not even trying to do a weird reverse jinx thing. We've been poor in those fixtures recently, well the first two. If we go to Anfield and get hammered and the Etihad this team may flounder.

We're probably going to win it, if City go deep in Europe and take their eye off the ball but they're so good at these late season runs to win the league, it's annoying.

I think this is it for these lads as well. There's no well finish second and we go again next season. Not when every other team may be stronger. If after our game at the Etihad there's more than a 3 point gap between us and City I'll start to truly believe we will win the league.
Pretty much disagree with every point you make here, but it doesn’t matter, if we win it.

Basso

Just saw the highlights and then checked their XG was only 2,52. I don't really understand XG. Seemed to be well over 4 looking at them chances.

Buxton

Supports
Arsenal
Guarantee you will enjoy winning the title and having borefest games until the end of the season much much more than playing how you are but missing out by a point
Yes, I’d prefer to have a boring last 10 games as we stroll to the title.
Not likely to happen, it’s football.

footyfan019

Supports
Arsenal
It's a very young team, city still have an upper hand with an easy run in but to write off Arsenal in next few seasons will be stupidity. If we extend Saliba and make few 2-3 good additions then it will be a very competitive squad.

Reactions: Invictus

croadyman

Will say this until I'm blue in the face but IF they don't get back those dumb points dropped at Forest before you play them it's yours

Donaldo

Caf Vigilante
Supports
Arsenal
We're definitely in a race now, though I expect us to come up just short. The run-in is as much a mental battle and we're nowhere close to as experienced as City are in that regard, having gone and ground their competitors down for the title the last few seasons.

That City and Liverpool away is the point that is going to break us, finally, with some frustrating draws/losses against a Soton, Chelsea to follow.. It's been a fun ride though.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
To me, it seems like we're going to need a big performance at The Etihad to make us proper favourites and really give everyone belief that we can go on to win it.

Im thinking like our win at Old Trafford in 98 type performance, which swung the title race in our favour I'm just not sure we are quite solid enough to do that yet.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Look gonna do ya all a favor and tell you all of arsenal's results from here to the end of the season so

Vs Palace W
Vs Leeds W
@ Liverpool D
@ West Ham D
Vs Southampton W
@ City L
Vs Chelsea W
@ Newcastle W
Vs Brighton W
@ Forest W
Vs Wolves W

Final points tally 92
You're welcome :D

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
That was a big performance yesterday and for me a huge statement. Completely brushed aside a strong Fulham side. I think the league is there's now, even if they lose at city. Can't see them dropping many points.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
Look gonna do ya all a favor and tell you all of arsenal's results from here to the end of the season so

Vs Palace W
Vs Leeds W
@ Liverpool D
@ West Ham D
Vs Southampton W
@ City L
Vs Chelsea W
@ Newcastle W
Vs Brighton W
@ Forest W
Vs Wolves W

Final points tally 92
You're welcome :D
Fancy doing City's results as well so I'm not left on a cliffhanger. :angel:

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Fancy doing City's results as well so I'm not left on a cliffhanger. :angel:
Right. City are harder to predict to be honest. I'd lean towards draws with liverpool and fulham, the others they win. So...91 points i think. Arsenal win the PL

Sylar

It's a very young team, city still have an upper hand with an easy run in but to write off Arsenal in next few seasons will be stupidity. If we extend Saliba and make few 2-3 good additions then it will be a very competitive squad.
Your signings will be important and intriguing. This January were good signings but I do wonder what would have happened had you got your initial target mudryk.

For the price you were willing, I can't see him not being a starter eventually. Funnily enough I think you got a better deal getting jorginho and trossard with the money, both who have helped you guys win some tight games and important games late.

You guys will need quality for squad. From the ages of your squad who will leave that has been playing? Xhaka? That's all I can think. The rest would be around for a few years at least, surely

footyfan019

Supports
Arsenal
Your signings will be important and intriguing. This January were good signings but I do wonder what would have happened had you got your initial target mudryk.

For the price you were willing, I can't see him not being a starter eventually. Funnily enough I think you got a better deal getting jorginho and trossard with the money, both who have helped you guys win some tight games and important games late.

You guys will need quality for squad. From the ages of your squad who will leave that has been playing? Xhaka? That's all I can think. The rest would be around for a few years at least, surely
It's not just Mudryk, we lost on Lisandro Martinez and got Zinchenko instead then Raphina was our first choice and we got Gabriel Jesus as deco made it clear that he will only move to Barca. Similarly Jorginho was signed as we missed on Caicedo. We have had good backup plans, Arteta & Edu are going for specific players which works in our system. See Mudryk is looking out of place in Chelsea, him or Felix in this Arsenal team would have been very different.

GoonerGirly

Supports
Arsenal

I agree, 60 odd mil or so for Jorginho, Trossard and Kiwior (though can't say much about the CB for now) looks like much better business than 80mil for Mudryk, who looks very raw at Chelsea. But he's walked into a mess there so hard to really assess him.

Xhaka is 30 and doesn't yet look like slowing down. He's very resilient and doesn't get injured often, unlike Partey (who's 29 himself). But we've been strongly linked to big money CM signings (Caceido, Rice) so it would appear that we are planning for Partey/Xhaka/Jorginho slowing down in the medium term. I suppose we don't want to make Liverpool's mistake of poor succession planning in our midfield.

Buxton

Supports
Arsenal

No one is leaving , other than loan players. I think we ll get two central midfielders, Declan Rice being one. Caciedo “liked” our win yesterday on instagram so that’s an interesting one.
Mudryk was meant to be a ballon dor winner who was going to replace martinelli. Since he joined Chelsea Martinelli has scored 5 in 5 and trossard 6 assists in those games. Mudryk has one assist.
Mudryk may have looked great under Arteta but at the moment it looks like cowboy Todd did us a massive favour.

Sylar

To be honest if I can survive Liverpool winning the league, Arsenal doing so will sting for all of about two minutes.
The arsenal wins in the late 90s/early 00s were worse. As it was preventing us from winning.

Arsenal winning here prevents a city three in a row and a chance at four in a row.

Arteta antics aside , people go on about their fans. If you ignore the online stuff and aftv stuff, I know quite a lot of arsenal fans who are sound people.

It's not just Mudryk, we lost on Lisandro Martinez and got Zinchenko instead then Raphina was our first choice and we got Gabriel Jesus as deco made it clear that he will only move to Barca. Similarly Jorginho was signed as we missed on Caicedo. We have had good backup plans, Arteta & Edu are going for specific players which works in our system. See Mudryk is looking out of place in Chelsea, him or Felix in this Arsenal team would have been very different.
I forgot about caicedo as well. Your backup plans have certainly been good and system fitting. That defo helps. The keeper signing last season was the one that has surprised me the most. I didn't see it at all given the money spent, and whilst he's not world class I get the idea and how it's worked. For comparison sake as a united fan, I'm hoping we do the same as I believe keeper is one of the most important parts of a working team and the spine.

I agree, 60 odd mil or so for Jorginho, Trossard and Kiwior (though can't say much about the CB for now) looks like much better business than 80mil for Mudryk, who looks very raw at Chelsea. But he's walked into a mess there so hard to really assess him.

Xhaka is 30 and doesn't yet look like slowing down. He's very resilient and doesn't get injured often, unlike Partey (who's 29 himself). But we've been strongly linked to big money CM signings (Caceido, Rice) so it would appear that we are planning for Partey/Xhaka/Jorginho slowing down in the medium term. I suppose we don't want to make Liverpool's mistake of poor succession planning in our midfield.
I'd be more worried as an opposition fan if you got caicedo than Rice.

Sylar

No one is leaving , other than loan players. I think we ll get two central midfielders, Declan Rice being one. Caciedo “liked” our win yesterday on instagram so that’s an interesting one.
Mudryk was meant to be a ballon dor winner who was going to replace martinelli. Since he joined Chelsea Martinelli has scored 5 in 5 and trossard 6 assists in those games. Mudryk has one assist.
Mudryk may have looked great under Arteta but at the moment it looks like cowboy Todd did us a massive favour.
Yeah I was thinking the age of your team and squad is very healthy. I actually thought Xhaka was older than he is :lol:
How much money do you think arteta will have to play with? 200m? If so I'll be surprised if you get Rice unless arteta is thinking only two additions would be needed (which might be the case if you win the title)

TheArse

Supports
Arsenal
We have to win it this year.

We can't go "we'll go again next year" ffs.

City have been cruising for a bruising too. Huge, huge game.

Buxton

Supports
Arsenal
Yeah I was thinking the age of your team and squad is very healthy. I actually thought Xhaka was older than he is :lol:
How much money do you think arteta will have to play with? 200m? If so I'll be surprised if you get Rice unless arteta is thinking only two additions would be needed (which might be the case if you win the title)
To be fair to the board they have backed him. Wouldn’t totally surprise me if we spend 150m, we ll have some money coming back in, may cash in on Balogun who is ripping it up in ligue 1

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
I think the 1 'big' player that might leave could be Tierney, if he pushes to leave over lack of minutes. Look out for a potential move to Newcastle for him.

The loan players include the likes of Cedric, Tavares, Mari, Trusty, Maitland-Niles, Lokonga Pepe and Balogun. We'll look to move all of them on for sure, bar perhaps the latter who we might need to make a decision about as he's currently doing very well in Ligue 1. It might be hard to keep both him and Nketiah though.

We'll defo go big for at least 1 midfielder in the summer, perhaps 2 as our main signing/s. The other positions are a bit up in the air. Do we still think we need a wide forward to compete with Saka? Are they happy with the options at centre forward? We've been linked to some young right backs as well, will we try for 1 of them?

erikcred

We're definitely in a race now, though I expect us to come up just short. The run-in is as much a mental battle and we're nowhere close to as experienced as City are in that regard, having gone and ground their competitors down for the title the last few seasons.

That City and Liverpool away is the point that is going to break us, finally, with some frustrating draws/losses against a Soton, Chelsea to follow.. It's been a fun ride though.
I can understand Liverpool fans feeling like this in a title chase given City have beat them by one or two points 3 times in the last decade.

What sort of trauma are you guys suffering from?

Donaldo

Caf Vigilante
Supports
Arsenal
I can understand Liverpool fans feeling like this in a title chase given City have beat them by one or two points 3 times in the last decade.

I live like Dr Manhattan. It's 2007-08, and it's 2013-14, and it's 2002-03, and 2015-16, and 1998-99 all at the same time.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal

Just the 20 years of it, including last season's top 4 chase.

Changeisgood

Supports
Arsenal
Interesting that Jesus was seen as excess to requirements at City, and our supporters see him as crucial if we are to win the league.

We do have Trossard now and even Eddie did a decent job, but I feel Jesus puts us another level.