Arsenal 22/23 - go to new thread

scottser

I'd say the only way to beat city now would be give half the squad dysentery.

GoonerGirly

Supports
Arsenal
The strangest thing was some people actually believed they would win the league. Even when they had something like an 8-10 point lead it was obvious City would ultimately win the league by a good 6-8 points.

Exactly how it will pan out.
Yeh I didn't think we'd really do it until maybe a month ago. Then we lost Saliba and Tomi :lol:
I still had some hope, but knew we desperately needed Saliba back if we had any chance. Unfortunately his injury is probably worse than we're letting on.

RuudTom83

Title challenge over with a whimper...DDDL 3 points out of the last 12 is dogshit tbh.

Shame for the Arsenal fans.

JB7

Chucked their clubs dignity in the bin all season to win feck all. If it wasn’t City benefitting it’d be glorious.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
They've conceded more goals than United so far this season... (3 games in hand for us, but still).

The Purley King

There is a clear gulf in class between city (when on form and meaning it) and arsenal and pretty much everyone else.
It was verging on embarrassing tonight.
Could and probably should have been 5, 6 or 7.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
@TheReligion looks like we were right when we said that Arteta was an idiot for changing his team on Jan 25th.

mu4c_20le

Who knows what happens if Saka scores that penalty. Football is all about fine margins.

InfiniteBoredom

Lost 12 consecutive games in the league in this fixtures, 15 of the last 16, with the sole win being an FAC match with no crowd.

This is just pathetic, probably on par with our Anfield record the last 6-7 years.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
There is a clear gulf in class between city (when on form and meaning it) and arsenal and pretty much everyone else.
It was verging on embarrassing tonight.
Could and probably should have been 5, 6 or 7.
I've got no other word for it than embarrassing to be honest. Said it multiple times, I can take getting beat by a better team. I can't accept just gifting them goals, we do it every fecking time. It really is a mental thing now, because we don't even make them work for goals.

Chief123

So basically after all the excitement, Arsenal have ended up with a worse season than Utd.

Both will probably get a UCL place but Utd got a trophy and possibly another. Arsenal just got put back in their place.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
So basically after all the excitement, Arsenal have ended up with a worse season than Utd.

Both will probably get a UCL place but Utd got a trophy and possibly another. Arsenal just got put back in their place.
Good luck with that.

el3mel

Nah sorry. I'll take a title challenge till the last 7 games in the season ahead of winning a League Cup. I miss the feeling of challenging for a league title this late in the season.

Yorkeontop

meonbottom
They young enough to go again next season. Liverpool took City to the last game of season twice and it's going to take similar excellence to succeed.

The Purley King

I've got no other word for it than embarrassing to be honest. Said it multiple times, I can take getting beat by a better team. I can't accept just gifting them goals, we do it every fecking time. It really is a mental thing now, because we don't even make them work for goals.
You are definitely Not the only side that has been pumped by city but this was supposed to be a close fight between clubs fighting for the title and it was anything but.
Just shows the difference in class and more importantly depth of squad.
What the pundits are saying now about city being able to play a more physical game with haaland up front is very important I feel because they no longer have to pass a team to death in order to win.
Will be a struggle for anyone to get close to city next year. No shame in falling short this time around but I don’t think you’ll be in a similar position next year.

Irwin99

Good luck with that.
I didn't see your game tonight but i'd like to know what your tactical approach was (if any) to try and win it? The inferior side in quality should always try to play compact and beat City on the counter. I'm pretty sure we'll take that approach and yes we will probably need some luck with that :D

Buxton

Supports
Arsenal
They battered us, but they are battering everyone now. To be fair to Abu Dhabi , they’ve got a great return for their oil investment. World class team, world class subs, now even with the option of going long to Haaland. I don’t see anyone getting near them for years. They’ll win the league every season for the next 10. We’ve had a great season but when on form they are miles ahead of anything we or anyone else in Europe can produce.

scottser

There are many points to be won and lost before the end of the season, padwan. Remember, hubris is a path to the dark side.
May the force be with you.

OhGee

They young enough to go again next season. Liverpool took City to the last game of season twice and it's going to take similar excellence to succeed.
Here’s the thing - they literally were playing a game a week and you could tell from todays game that the players were fatigued - both physically and emotionally. Next season will be worse with CL’s football to contend with. Unless Arteta can perform a miracle to lift their spirits up, this was probably their last chance at winning a title.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
You are definitely Not the only side that has been pumped by city but this was supposed to be a close fight between clubs fighting for the title and it was anything but.
Just shows the difference in class and more importantly depth of squad.
What the pundits are saying now about city being able to play a more physical game with haaland up front is very important I feel because they no longer have to pass a team to death in order to win.
Will be a struggle for anyone to get close to city next year. No shame in falling short this time around but I don’t think you’ll be in a similar position next year.
Indeed. They now have an out ball when you over commit and press them, like what happened with our first goal. They are also very physical and powerful now with their new formation, Akanji, Dias, Stones Rodri, Ake when he plays, Haaland all over 6 feet. Grealish and De Bruyne are both powerful for attacking players as well. It really is difficult to find a weakness now.

Redfrog

I can see it goes very ugly for Arteta and Arsenal from there. It won’t surprise me anyway. We will see if they can maintain consistency next year with the deception and playing every 3 days with the CL, where they can’t afford to play a b team.

RedDevilRoshi

Yea, this looks to be it. Dropping points in the next game against a terrible Chelsea side would be a final nail in the coffin.
The final nail in the coffin was tonight. It’s irrelevant what Arsenal do now in their next game.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
I can see it goes very ugly for Arteta and Arsenal from there. It won’t surprise me anyway. We will see if they can maintain consistency next year with the deception and playing every 3 days with the CL, where they can’t afford to play a b team.
They're not very good. Just managed a remarkable half-season. I'd be surprised if he's still manager in a year.