Arsenal > Chelsea

wr8_utd

:'(
Combined 'best of' is a bit unreal though is'nt - it simply gathers together the so called final best of compilation without taking into account the clubs, differing managers, styles, tactics, etc etc

I'd fancy our best attacking force all fit and on form to equal anything scoring wise by Utd

At the back and defensively however, that's a different story and

I do think this side would be pretty handy, score plenty against anybody and defend well

vDS
Evra Rio Vidic Sagna
Fabregas Fletcher Song Nasri
Arshavin van Persie
Well no balance in that midfield at all. And Arshavin and RvP upfront would not be too effective. Rooney and RvP

alastair

ignorant
Combined 'best of' is a bit unreal though is'nt - it simply gathers together the so called final best of compilation without taking into account the clubs, differing managers, styles, tactics, etc etc

I'd fancy our best attacking force all fit and on form to equal anything scoring wise by Utd

I do think this side would be pretty handy, score plenty against anybody and defend well

vDS
Evra Rio Vidic Sagna
Arshavin van Persie

Um, what? Fabregas left wing? Fletcher and Song? The foul count would be barbaric.

CnutOfAllCnuts

Bald Boring Cnut
Ubbish effort Jop.

Van der Sar
Sagna Rio Vidic Evra
Nani Cesc Fletcher Giggs
Rooney van Persie

alastair

ignorant
Ubbish effort Jop.

Van der Sar
Sagna Rio Vidic Evra
Nani Cesc Fletcher Giggs
Rooney van Persie
Giggs at 36 is not better than Nasri, he just isn't. Ridiculous bias there.

Song over Fletcher.

On second thoughts, if you really believe Giggs is good enough, shunt him into the middle, and play Nasri and Nani wide, whilst dropping Rooney to the bench, and you have a more balanced side.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
Ubbish effort Jop.

Van der Sar
Sagna Rio Vidic Evra
Nani Cesc Fletcher Giggs
Rooney van Persie
Giggs would be nowhere near that side, let's be serious here for a second.

VDS

Evra - Vermaelen - Vidic - Sagna

Song - Fletcher

Nani - Fabregas - Nasri

Rooney*​

*good Rooney, not shit Rooney

CnutOfAllCnuts

Bald Boring Cnut

Song over Fletcher.

On second thoughts, if you really believe Giggs is good enough, shunt him into the middle, and play Nasri and Nani wide, whilst dropping Rooney to the bench, and you have a more balanced side.
What's age got to do with it?

Giggs on form is the best left winger in the country.

Dropping one of the best players in the world? Yes, of course...

alastair

ignorant
What's age got to do with it?

Giggs on form is the best left winger in the country.

Dropping one of the best players in the world? Yes, of course...

:lol: Oh for god's sake, even on a United forum, you must be taking the piss. Ryan Giggs was a smashing player, and he still is a good one, but he would not get into a combined side between United and Arsenal now. He just wouldn't.

Allforone

United could spend £85million on David De Gea, Phi

Song over Fletcher.

Van Persie over Rooney is just laughable.

CnutOfAllCnuts

Bald Boring Cnut
:lol: Oh for god's sake, even on a United forum, you must be taking the piss. Ryan Giggs was a smashing player, and he still is a good one, but he would not get into a combined side between United and Arsenal now. He just wouldn't.
He would if I was in charge.

If Wenger was in charge, he would have been sold 10 years ago.

alastair

ignorant

It depends - on current form, RVP has to get in. If you did a look over the last few years, it might be a different story. RVP has played very little this season, but Rooney has been monumentally terrible for about six months now, so those are the criteria upon which I made the decision.

Allforone

It depends - on current form, RVP has to get in. If you did a look over the last few years, it might be a different story. RVP has played very little this season, but Rooney has been monumentally terrible for about six months now, so those are the criteria upon which I made the decision.
What current form? Van Persie has hardly played a match all season and Rooneys missed the last 6 weeks so what basis does he get in on current form? Rooney had a shit start to the season and has had a well documented poor 6 months, that dosnt change the fact hes clearly a superior striker to Van Persie not to mention much more reliable in the fitness stakes.

Jopub

From Barca to Orient - back down to earth with a b
"Thomas..It's up for grabs now - Thomas, righ
Again maybe for another thread but I really believe, through his appalling injuries we've actually never ever really seen the true capabilities of Robin van Persie.

Hopefully we will

As for Rooney there's no getting away from the fact he's actually one of the best players in the world and on good form almost an unstoppable force although in all my years of watching football I've never seen a player of such high quality drop to the levels he has shown in the last six months

Although it goes against Arsenal I really hope to see Rooney back to his best if only for England's benefit

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.

vDS
Evra Rio Vidic Sagna
Arshavin van Persie
no place for Rooney?

I'd say Rooney and Van Persie up front.

Nani in on the right and Song out for midfield.

Otherwise Ok.

CnutOfAllCnuts

Bald Boring Cnut
Both have been injured all season!

alastair

ignorant
Both have been injured all season!

Yeh, RVP has played about an hour this season, and it was better than anything Rooney produced, but I accept it's hardly conclusive.

On current form, you'd have to choose between Chamakh/Hernandez/Berbatov, simply because they've actually played some football.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
Again maybe for another thread but I really believe, through his appalling injuries we've actually never ever really seen the true capabilities of Robin van Persie.

Hopefully we will

As for Rooney there's no getting away from the fact he's actually one of the best players in the world and on good form almost an unstoppable force although in all my years of watching football I've never seen a player of such high quality drop to the levels he has shown in the last six months

Although it goes against Arsenal I really hope to see Rooney back to his best if only for England's benefit
Just remember Rooney up to when he got injured against Bayern....and I do wish..now that we did not make him come back so soon. England would have had a better tournament. Since then he was all about the contract. I'm sure United and England will see the best of him soon. no worries.

Allforone

Hopefully we will

Dont get me wrong i think Van Persie is a very good player one that which injury's continue to ruin what could be a great career, there's no arguing his talent hes a very gifted player that much is obvious, however hes no Wayne Rooney lets be fair about this, if he could prove he could stay fit for at least half a season and put some sort of consistent run together then people may see the best of him and those views may change, trouble is you cant in any way shape or form make a case for Van Persie being a superior player to Rooney on any grounds right now, his fitness is just ridiculously bad every season.

Until he has a season whereby he leads your front line to success or a form of success and scores in the region of 30 goals any comparisons to Rooney are fantasy in my opinion, hes not proven anything due to various reasons some not his fault granted.

Jacob

Why the feck is Evra right and Sagna left in some of your line-ups?

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
No, really.. Why? I'm assuming it's not a mistake, then why not swap those two so they can play in their respective natural position?
People are just confusing their rights with their lefts.

Team Brian GB

Baby Cameron loves X-Factor
Supports
Chelsea
Based on who is available right now:

Van der Sar

Rafael Ferdinand Vidic Evra

Fletcher Fabregas

Walcott Berbatov Nani

Van Persie

Ekeke

-------------VDS

Rafael----Rio----Vidic----Evra

--Cesc----Fletcher----Nasri

Nani-------Rooney-------RVP

wr8_utd

:'(
Based on who is available right now:

Van der Sar

Rafael Ferdinand Vidic Evra

Fletcher Fabregas

Walcott Berbatov Nani

Van Persie

Remove Walcott. Put Nani right and put Nasri left. Walcott is rubbish. And if we're going on current form and players available I think I would rather have Chamakh than RvP.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
-------------VDS

Rafael----Rio----Vidic----Evra

--Cesc----Fletcher----Nasri

Nani-------Rooney-------RVP
This is the best combined Arse-Man Utd team, I reckon.

alastair

ignorant
I know the debate's been had, but anyone sticking Rafael over Sagna at this point in time is just deluded.

Also far too many Fletcher over Song for me.

It's difficult to do one, simply because over the last couple of years, United's back-line has been clearly superior to Arsenal's, but this season Arsenal have conceded fewer goals with an arguably tougher start to the season than United, yet many people wouldn't take one Arsenal defender.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
I know the debate's been had, but anyone sticking Rafael over Sagna at this point in time is just deluded.

Also far too many Fletcher over Song for me.

It's difficult to do one, simply because over the last couple of years, United's back-line has been clearly superior to Arsenal's, but this season Arsenal have conceded fewer goals with an arguably tougher start to the season than United, yet many people wouldn't take one Arsenal defender.
You've conceeded slightly fewer goals because we've acted like spastics for most of the ones we've conceeded. Even with our defensive injury troubles last season, and there were a lot of them, we still finished with the best defence in the league, which says a lot.

Unfortunately this season no-one has nailed our right back spot, Ferdinand has been in and out, Evans and Evra have been surprisingly poor. All these things will start clicking into place sooner rather than later and people will see why we possess the best defence in England and arguably the world.

Plan M

Arshavin :lol:

I haven't seen him play at Arsenal anything like he did for his former club and country.

Lightweight, lazy and overrated.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
VDS

Sagna Rio Vidic Evra

Fletcher Scholes Fabregas

Nasri Nani

Rooney