Arsenal have priced Fabregas at £40 mill

lysglimt

Scout
Maybe we should make a bid ? I don't like the guy - but he is world-class.

Alex

I'd take him in a second at that price, at least drive up the price for Madrid or Barcelona, because as you said he is fecking world class.

rednev

There is non worthy of worship except God
He's not worth £40 million for christ's sake. Not anywhere near. We'd have to be mad to pay that. He had one excellent season in 2007-2008, but his performances actually declined the following season.

It all too easy to overrate central midfielders, it seems.

Christofaux

He's not worth £40 million for christ's sake. Not anywhere near. We'd have to be mad to pay that. He had one excellent season in 2007-2008, but his performances actually declined the following season.

It all too easy to overrate central midfielders, it seems.
Luckily... you have no idea what your talking about.

rednev

There is non worthy of worship except God
Luckily... you have no idea what your talking about.
It is my opinion that Fabregas has been overrated beyond belief. Given he's only young, but he's done nothing yet to suggest he's worth £40 million. He, as a player, symbolises everything I've come to hate about football over the past couple of years - that this idea of passing the ball about in triangles to no avail is something to be admired. The wanking over Fabregas is akin to the way people and the media wanked over Arsenal's 'beautiful' football a couple of years ago. It may look good on the eye, but that's as far as it goes.

Flamini was far superior in Arsenal's midfield before he left for Milan.

Christofaux

It is my opinion that Fabregas has been overrated beyond belief. Given he's only young, but he's done nothing yet to suggest he's worth £40 million. He, as a player, symbolises everything I've come to hate about football over the past couple of years - that this idea of passing the ball about in triangles to no avail is something to be admired. The wanking over Fabregas is akin to the way people and the media wanked over Arsenal's 'beautiful' football a couple of years ago. It may look good on the eye, but that's as far as it goes.

Flamini was far superior in Arsenal's midfield before he left for Milan.
I guess you prefer the hard working midfielder as opposed to the midfielder who pulls the strings.

Injury (and playing with injury) gave him a slower season last year, but was still decent considering the shite he had to put up with.

Better then Carrick thats for sure.

How i hope for the Adebayor to Milan, Money and flamini to arsenal deal is a true story.

EZee

fabregas 40 million eh... havent madrid supposedley offered 35 for alonso... that makes cesc look a bargin...

mind you

---------alonso-----fabregas--------
Ronaldo--------Kaka-----------Ribery
---------------Benzema-------------

that could be almost 300,000,000 that madrid end up spunking on that lot + they have brought albioll... AND are linked with a bid for cole or another leftback...

kin ell... Its not possible that they actually get them all is it?????????????

Cold_Boy

Fabregas is a superb player.

Anyone who doesn't agree is blinded.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Unrealistic target, but he's certainly a brilliant player and will only get better

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
It might be £40-£50m to Real or Barca. It would be 'feck off' to us.

Ekeke

Well said. It would be another 'Ronaldo to Madrid' type of situation every summer for any english club that signs him.
I wouldnt have a problem him coming and staying 2 to 3 seasons and then toddling off to Spain for his better years in the game at a profit for the club.

Thats what would have happened with Ribery and Benzema anyway. And pretty much any fantastic prospect thats over the age of 22.

In the mean time he'd produce some brilliant displays in midfield. Its all hypothetical anyway, but he isnt in a different boat to the other top talents out there.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
It ain't gonna happen spazzers. Two chances of Fabregas joining us...

Ballache

Supports
Martial
dont like him and one of my wishes in life is to punch him in the face. brilliant player though imo. Fabregas-Carrick-Anderson :drool: he will never play for us though

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Barca don't need him, even if that's his preferred destination. He'd be better off in madrid where they are in desperate need of better central midfielders.
He'd not fit in Real Madrid's midfield.

Not strong enough defensively to play as one of the two in a 4-2-3-1 or 4-2-2-2, which is probably why they're focussing more on Alonso.

Crerand Legend

Fabregas could be our big surprise especially if someone like Barca make the first move,SAF would not want to be accused of unsettling the player.If it wasnt for the Arsenal shirt the way he was celebrating with our players at OT in May,you would have thought he was one of us.I think he would be ideal

Addis

Beckham, in toward Schmeichel, it's come for Dwigh
He's a class player, pulls the strings in mid field and has the ability to pick out a killer pass in an instant.

Though I don't know what Barca would want him for, they've already got Xavi and Iniesta, they couldn't play all 3 without changing their very successful formation.

Wouldn't mind a bid for him, bit of a cock but let's face it, Tevez turned out to be a cock as well. We all have our share of them.

Ole_Gunnar

fabregas 40 million eh... havent madrid supposedley offered 35 for alonso... that makes cesc look a bargin...

mind you

---------alonso-----fabregas--------
Ronaldo--------Kaka-----------Ribery
---------------Benzema-------------

that could be almost 300,000,000 that madrid end up spunking on that lot + they have brought albioll... AND are linked with a bid for cole or another leftback...

kin ell... Its not possible that they actually get them all is it?????????????
They should get Alonso atleast, which'll be Liverpool's season over before it's begun. I can't see Fabregas going to anyone other than Barca and Ribery - hard to tell if Bayern are really playing a good game of hardball or genuinely don't want to lose their star.

buckooo1978

They should get Alonso atleast, which'll be Liverpool's season over before it's begun. I can't see Fabregas going to anyone other than Barca and Ribery - hard to tell if Bayern are really playing a good game of hardball or genuinely don't want to lose their star.
spot on....its barca for fabregas

madrid will go for alonso

Number7

Ret's Slave
He'd not fit in Real Madrid's midfield.

Not strong enough defensively to play as one of the two in a 4-2-3-1 or 4-2-2-2, which is probably why they're focussing more on Alonso.
Since when have Real Madrid gave 2 thoughts to any system?

Thet sign the players the fans want, regardless.

032Devil

Read an article about him a few weeks back (I think it was in the Telegraph), that said that Wenger might contemplate selling Fabregas because when he was out injured last season they continued to play well and win games.

I also think that when United played last season during our title presentation, Fabregas stay on the field and hugged SAF and a couple of our other players. I was wondering then if that meant something more.

KingEric7

Stupid Conspiracy Enthusiast Wanker
feck that. If we sign Fabregas, we will no longer be able to use the Anderson chant.

And that Anderson chant is fecking fantastic. :mad:

Maajid

Formerly Mad
They'll never sell him to us, and he'll never come here. That said, 'never say never' :p