Kick-off
Sat, 23 April 2022 @ 12:30pm BST
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Half-time
    A tale of terrible defenses. We can actually win this despite our terrible defense. Really missing Fred.

Sancho, Ronaldo and DDG are the only ones on my must keep list.

I would be OK with Varane, Lindelof, Elanga and Bruno staying

Everyone else needs binning in whatever way possible

It's a shame Matic is the only one so far guaranteed to go as if used sparingly he could do a job

Ronnie's had a good half. Very professional from him. Still positive even though we're losing.

Been that way for months now under this fraud manager.

Not saying the players arent to blame, but they've clearly no respect for the manager or his instructions.

They have done the same to how many managers…

Should of had a pen that halve. If that doesn’t touch the defenders arm then sancho is through. Entertaining game so far, we need to take it to them second halve.

It’s been an exciting game and yet none of the commentators are going ‘ooooohhhhh’ or ‘aaaaahhhhh’ every two minutes. Refreshing not listening to Carragher, Neville and Tyler.
    wow... I'd have Gary over hoddle and mcmanan any day

Arsenal playing more of the good attacking football, but we've been very dangerous on breaks and some good longshots. Good game

Far better performance offensively today, we just do not know how to defend.. Arsenal don’t look great in defence either. Likely more goals.
    Think the tackle on Elanga was a pen, pulled him back 3 times in the box.
    Ronaldo been class, DDG awesome.

Ref not waiting for us to complete the attack.

BENT REF IS REAL
    Nah that’s Elanga’s fault. Time is up and it’s a free hit, just get the ball in the box or take a man on. Playing it back is always going to result in the whistle.

Much improved performance today. Very entertaining match so far. Play like that again in the 2nd half and I'll accept the loss and be proud of the lads. At least we are showing some fight and pride. That's all I ask for.

Defending isn’t great again today, having said that, I think we are somewhat unlucky to be in the break a goal down. We’ve created many chances ourselves, two penalty calls waved away while they get a very soft one themselves. There’s definitely a 2nd goal in it for us if we can show a little more conviction when we get the chance.

I still think if you added Phillips and Rice to this side we'd have another 15 points now.

We just don't have a midfield. It's one or two passes and teams are through us. Likewise, we have to play the ball directly into the forwards and wide players because the midfield don't want it.

Bruno is gonna be a massive problem next year with all his high risk attemps.

The difference in talent between Bruno and Odegaard is instantly visible. By the time we read about the main events in the morning, it may not be as visible - Ronnie may head in a Bruno corner - but everything in between, planets apart.

Positives: Our first and second line press is working well and causing Arsenal a lot of problems when they play out.
    Negatives: All Arsenal need to do is go over our press and our defence melts like warm butter. Telles, particularly, looks vulnerable when the ball's in the air. All Arsenal need to do is hoof it towards him and make him track the ball and the runner. He's shown repeatedly he's incapable of that. Dalot's not much better on the other side (nor are the centre backs).

This game could end with us winning or conceding 4 or 5. It really depends on how much we can stop Arsenal from making our defenders cope with balls in the channel.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

4.5 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 196 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Arsenal win
  • Draw