Kick-off
Sun, 3 September 2023 @ 4:30pm BST
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

cyberman

Amazing isn't it, so many videos are posted which shows it's a clear penalty there are few who still thinks its a dodgy penalty.
    It’s people just trying to make a point. Its only used to minimise the played well to come back and win angle

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
    Stevenage
    If that team starts we will get dominated and risk a thrashing. Martial is a passenger, Arsenal will bypass midfield with ease.
    Having Erikson (no legs) and Rashford (lazy) on the left side of the pitch would be a disaster and leave Dalot overrun for this match imo. Either replace Erikson with Bruno or Rashford with Anthony (Rashford goes upfront)
    Don't disagree with either point, that's not what I would like to play, it's what I expect will happen.

RuudTom83

First proper game of the season...everyone (that hasn't already broken down) should be match fit and ready for the challenge.

Looking forward to it :devil:

Gordon Godot

Don't disagree with either point, that's not what I would like to play, it's what I expect will happen.
    Its so depressing that this is the best we can do. We have a young striker with a potentially long term chronic injury as our salvation.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
    I was playing footie last night with some mates, most are united fans. Almost every one of them to a man don't think we can win on sunday, me included. When was the last time we felt this resigned to a defeat? City in the FA cup final? Liverpool at home under Ole?

Hughes35

think Rashford will be up front and Bruno will be on the left to help Dalot
    Really hope not.

Especially if they continue this nonsense of playing Partey as a Right back. That would be their biggest weakness. Get Rashford 1-1 against Partey!!

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
    Supports
    4-4-2 classic
    What are the chances we become a game raising cnuts for this one, win it and lose three times in a row after that?

Teja

Kinda hoping he sits in a midblock and plays on the counter.

Jig1234

This is going to be a mauling, isn't it?
    Yep. It could be ugly. Brighton/Brentford last season esque. The window was still open after those two matches and we got Casimiro.

Whatever happens Vs Arsenal will be sign of what we will see all season. Midfield getting ripped to shreds.

Selling Fred and not getting Amrabat or proper box-to-box midfielders in will kill our season and hopes for top 4 or any successful cup runs.

always_hoping

We're going to lose 100-Nil

am I doing it right?
    Plenty are thinking United will be hammered no doubt, having watch all of Arsenal's games this season if that was to happen it will say a lot more about United than Arsenal

The more likely loss will be in a similar manner to last year, looking like a hard earned draw then Arsenal score the winner in added time via the usual lapse in concentration by United in defence.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
    Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
    Plenty are thinking United will be hammered no doubt, having watch all of Arsenal's games this season if that was to happen it will say a lot more about United than Arsenal

The more likely loss will be in a similar manner to last year, looking like a hard earned draw then Arsenal score the winner in added time via the usual lapse in concentration by United in defence.
    I don't know where people are getting the most likely result as 3-1 or 3-0 from. They've scored 1 more goal than us and conceded 1 less and have 1 more point.

They couldn't beat 10 man Fulham.

You're scenario might be it, or we could just as easily win it 2-1.

Dve

Arsenal are strong in Midfield with Rice and Partey possible there. I would be naive to go with Eriksen, Bruno and Casemiro. I would go with Mctominay for Eriksen, just to give us some steel and physicality in the middle so we don’t get overrun.
    That's a good point. Still, if we're playing on the counter, we'll also be missing something, comparing Eriksen's forward passes to McTominay's.

Edit: Would have been interesting to see a midfield of Casemiro, Fernandes and Mejbri in front of them. To add some madness. Not a chance, of course.

Todd

I don't know where people are getting the most likely result as 3-1 or 3-0 from. They've scored 1 more goal than us and conceded 1 less and have 1 more point.

They couldn't beat 10 man Fulham.

You're scenario might be it, or we could just as easily win it 2-1.
    Quick rundown of what we've done in the past year when we're away to good or even decent clubs:

-Shutout loss to Spurs
    -Shutout loss to West Ham
    -Shutout loss to Brighton
    -Drew with Spurs in a match in which we were 2-0 up if I recall
    -Shutout loss to Newcastle
    -Shutout loss to Liverpool, 7-0 in case anyone forgot
    -Lost to Arsenal 3-2
    -Drew with Palace
    -Lost to Villa 3-1
    -Drew with Chelsea
    -Lost to City, 6 goals conceded
    -Lost to Brentford 4-0

Our track record away to decent competition doesn't inspire much confidence.

I'm not even trying to be overly pessimistic, they were very poor last week while we looked pretty good at times (albeit against a poor side that parked the bus for most of the match) but we're going into this missing our best CB, one of the best LBs in football, our brand new midfielder who was supposed to solve the problems that whichever guy fills in for him had created last season, and the antithesis of a goal-scoring striker. There's just not a lot going on right now that leads me to believe we're going to get anything from this match, especially if they score first.

lex talionis

A clean sheet kept on us is highly probable. With our new keeper still bedding in, conceding only one goal would be praiseworthy.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
    Supports
    4-4-2 classic
    No Shaw no Varane no Hojlund no Mount. And yet its an away game vs them the bastards.

Ceteris

I will take a draw.

But if its a loss, the way we lose will tell if our manager has learnt anything about playing big games away from home.

always_hoping

He is in doubt so...
    Should get around 20 mins reading between the lines of the last Ten Hag press conference. Meanwhile for an hour or more we'll have to endure Martial playing number 9 role like a headless chicken and big sulky head on him as subbed off.

ManUnitedCanuck

This one scares me. Our form away, injuries and our current form have me very concerned. Know Arsenal haven’t been great but Saka going at Dalot on left and them keeping possession really concerns me.

Hope we are up for it !

Zagoon

Supports
    Arsenal
    Form book goes out of the window for these matches, these are grudge matches.

You can even see how important this game is for Ten Hag, so United will be very fired up for this one. I expect to hear fighting talk in ETH's presser today.

Arsenal are the superior team and squad yes. But, United know exactly how to hurt Arsenal and have the weapons to do so.

United would have seen the areas where Arsenal are weak, and will look to exploit those areas as we saw in pre-season. Arsenal are developing secondary systems to their play, and that seemingly "weakens" them so far this season, so if they continue to play their less cohesive systems, it brings United into the game more.

For me though... its about who gets the advantage first. I dont see that team letting it go on Sunday.

My prediction.... Arsenal 2-0 United.

Hoof the ball

Lucky fvcks. Always some big player missing from whoever Arsenal are playing.

But of course they play us at The Emirates with Jesus making his miraculous recovery, meanwhile, we're without Shaw, Mount, Varane, Amad, Mainoo, Malacia, Hojlund, and of course can't sign Amrabat and Reguilon in time to make the match. But of course, how foolish of me to think we could get our signings in and players fit for the first significant title chasing game of the season.

Silly me. :lol:

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
    Can see this going very badly if we concede early. Could be another 5 or 6 goal loss.

Luffy

Gomu Gomu
    If Arsenal had not drawn their away match, I could have seen us getting a draw ourselves. But I think we'll lose 1-0. But I intend to enjoy watching the match. I will be more than a bit surprised if we ship in more than 2 goals.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
    Scout
    Højlund and Reguilon are available for Sunday. As well as Bayındır.

@Niall two more additions, please :angel:

Edit: Williams and Mengi can be removed as well.

Last edited:

Bwuk

I'd start Amrabat and Regulion.

Onana
    AWB - Lindelof - Martinez - Regulion
    Casemiro - Amrabat
    Bruno - Eriksen - Rashford
    Hojlund​

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
    If Arsenal had not drawn their away match, I could have seen us getting a draw ourselves. But I think we'll lose 1-0. But I intend to enjoy watching the match. I will be more than a bit surprised if we ship in more than 2 goals.
    Without Varane it’s possible to concede a few. Think it will be close game though. Either 1-1 or 2-1

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
    I'd start Amrabat and Regulion.

Onana
    AWB - Lindelof - Martinez - Regulion
    Casemiro - Amrabat
    Bruno - Eriksen - Rashford
    Hojlund​
    Doubt Amrabat will be involved. Not played any matches yet or done any proper training sessions.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

5.6 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 293 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Arsenal win
  • Draw