Arturo Vidal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Well over 5,000 posts now in this thread. Didn't someone post earlier that 2/3 of the Transfer threads that made it over 6,000 ended up at United?

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
Lolzy the Juventus forum even has a Nani odds calculator.

Originally Posted by AlexJuventino
@Mark what are our chances of Nani and Iturbe?
22.157%

:p

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Was it Gambit who used to always be crazy about Hamsik and Banega?
Hamsik for sure. Ekeke was the main Banega enthusiast.
Still am. Never, believed we were in for DiMaria. I'm thinking of bigger fish for the wing.
Get yourself over to the twitter thread and start getting your crown back! I think there's a few pretenders around!

Paul the Wolf

France - can't win anything with Swedish turnips
Are you sure they even have organised leagues outside England?
The 3 best leagues are clearly England, Spain and Germany, Italy getting further behind in 4th. The french league is poor (and the bottom half teams would probably struggle in the Championship) and rated 6th behind Portugal. Even though the best teams in Spain and Germany are top class the remainder are not, especially Germany. United thrashed Leverkusen for example when they weren't playing well last season. No other top class league has 4, 5 or 6 teams competing for the title

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
What? I wanna know! Fancy PM'ing with the post?
Sorry, 'not' was a typo! Should have been 'now'.

This was my original post quoting them:
I found that video on this Juve forum - http://forum.juventuz.org/threads/33210-Arturo-Vidal/page943
Two particularly interesting posts on there:

On the previous page there's this, which is from a poster with nearly 46k posts:

Could be shit obviously, but thought it was interesting.
There were quite a few posts on the Juve forum about that guy with 46k who claims to be from Chile with fresh quotes from Vidal. They were saying he is from Chile but not sure if they're being sarcy... He also posted again to say that those quotes were genuine and he'd seen them on TV today. Could all be one big WUM though as they are clearly well aware that a lot of United fans are reading their forum now!

MiamiSpartan

its already been translated...

pretty much what everything knows...

"what about the rumours of united coming for you?"

"Yeh, i hear the rumours but im happy and relaxed now, enjoying the holidays, etc... my agent is the one in charge of all that stuff... we'll see whats up when im back in Italy"

"the idea of playing in the premier league seduce you"

"haha, of course... every football player would love to play in the biggest teams of the world..."
My wife was born in Chile (I've actually been to a game at the stadium where the interview takes place--Colo Colo's stadium...beautiful picturesque setting with the mountains rising above the stadium in the background).

I just showed her the video and confirm what George Owen said. There was no mention of City, Chelsea, PSG, Real Madrid or Barca, or any mention of a historically good teams, like the translation from the Juve board said (unless that was from a different interview.

He starts out talking about how he's honored to be receiving this award from Colo Colo (that answers the question one poster had as to why he's talking to he press while on Holiday, because he was there receiving an award from his old club). Then, as George Owen said, he said he's happy now, calm and enjoying his break, and his representatives are handling other things (this would seem to fit with the reports that we met with his agent on Friday). And he does say anyone would love to play for one of the biggest teams in the world.

Oh yeah, then he was asked about the Final, and he said he's rooting for Germany (Chileans hate Argentinians as much or more than Brazilians do).

The fact that there was nothing remotely close to a denial or anything to try to shut down the rumors is encouraging. I don't get into transfer muppetry, but there is definitely smoke, IMO. Doesn't mean it will happen, but it's being discussed.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
My wife was born in Chile (I've actually been to a game at the stadium where the interview takes place--Colo Colo's stadium...beautiful picturesque setting with the mountains rising above the stadium in the background).

I just showed her the video and confirm what George Owen said. There was no mention of City, Chelsea, PSG, Real Madrid or Barca, or any mention of a historically good teams, like the translation from the Juve board said (unless that was from a different interview.

He starts out talking about how he's honored to be receiving this award from Colo Colo (that answers the question one poster had as to why he's talking to he press while on Holiday, because he was there receiving an award from his old club). Then, as George Owen said, he said he's happy now, calm and enjoying his break, and his representatives are handling other things (this would seem to fit with the reports that we met with his agent on Friday). And he does say anyone would love to play for one of the biggest teams in the world.

Oh yeah, then he was asked about the Final, and he said he's rooting for Germany (Chileans hate Argentinians as much or more than Brazilians do).

The fact that there was nothing remotely close to a denial or anything to try to shut down the rumors is encouraging. I don't get into transfer muppetry, but there is definitely smoke, IMO. Doesn't mean it will happen, but it's being discussed.
A Spartan who's married to a Chilean living in Miami, waow.

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
Hamsik for sure. Ekeke was the main Banega enthusiast.

Get yourself over to the twitter thread and start getting your crown back! I think there's a few pretenders around!
Nah no point. I don't need to be constantly posting tweets during the actual transfer window. That's just embed linking. The real challenge is keeping things going throughout the close season. Adnan will probably get the plaudits this year and he makes a nice minion.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?

According to the Juve fan on their forum, this was said during a different, more recent, interview.

El-Manos

Waiting for us to come out and say we are not interested in him and he is not a LVG target :lol:. In all seriousness, this would be some signing and exactly what we need. Let's hope those not so reliable reports prove to be right and we are actually in for him and he is open for a move.

SalfordRed1960

You got tickets for the ICC final on 4th August at Sun Life?

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
He is overrated to me, he isn't better than Toure or Modric so that makes him overrated. He isn't underrated because everyone acknowledges he is a top cm. How can you call Yaya a luxury player, he won City the title. Vidal doesn't have anything near Yaya's quality going forward. Both Yaya and Modric are better matchwinners than Vidal. His workrate and defensive contribution makes it closer. But he has less ability than the other two.
Vidal is better than Toure and I don't think it's particularly close - Modric is a fairer comparison. Toure is a luxury midfielder for the reasons I mentioned in my post. His lack of defensive work rate and tendency to get caught up field requires others to cover for him defensively. When City are playing well or are playing a weaker team Toure has the platform to amble around then burst forward and effect the game offensively, in that type of game he can be brilliant. But when City are playing a top side, like Barcelona last season, then his approach isn't as effective as he doesn't have the platform to just keep driving forward and relying on others to cover for him. In that type of game Vidal will win you the game far more often than Toure will - I don't have a doubt about that. Look at his games against Madrid or Bayern, in which he was Juve's best player in both matches.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
This is on, isn't it.
Like donkey kong. 88% certain right now. Creeping towards 88.5% every time someone posts the same quotes in a different article.

Browniee

I am still waiting for a solid credible news break. All we have now is foreign newspaper, twitter 'ITK' and bs red top papers. I want bbc or SSN to break our interest. Otherwise this all could be rubbish.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Marcelo Salas broke my heart. Chilean too. Thankfully he turned out pretty shit.
I remember the back page headline for the Sunday mirror of "United seal £12 million Salas deal".
I walked on fecking air all week until I found out it was all bullshit.

Status
Not open for further replies.