Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

marlowe78

Sorry, I think he was our worst player. No positional awareness and I was waiting for the moment when a Swansea attacker would plow him down and score off a header. Not even that great going forward.

Man City 2:3 Man Utd

Andersons Dietician

Had a bit of a shocker, how he was still on the pitch at the end no idea but he looked shaky as hell.

The first penalty incident seen them given but it’s neither here nor there his hand is in a natural position and given Sterling’s finishing today not sure he’d have scored either. After that the climbing on the back of Sterling, how did he get away with that when Just after that Sterling has a little touch on him and Young gets a free kick.
Then in the one occasion we had actually got numbers forward in the first half the ball is played infront of him and you just want him to go at that space and whip a ball in on his left quickly. Usual rubbish, cuts it back and the delay ends the move and he over hits his cross anyway.
However his most criminal act, that tackle on Aguero, that’s a leg breaker, how has he not been sent off for that, shocking.
We really do need a left footed Fullback if Shaw isn’t going to be given the chance.

Bobski

Young must have been wearing some form of invincibility cloak today. Could have given away 2 pens, got about 4 yellows cards. He should do the lottery tonight(on my behalf)

el3mel

He needs to be more careful I believe. I don't think it was necessarily a pen but any other ref could have given it and tbh the way he slides in tackling can force any ref to whistle for a foul or pen. Should be more careful.

Andersons Dietician

He needs to be more careful I believe. I don't think it was necessarily a pen but any other ref could have given it and tbh the way he slides in tackling can force any ref to whistle for a foul or pen. Should be more careful.
You talking about the first one not being a pen or the 2nd?

Minimalist

Thought he was awful in the first half. Some important defending in the second though.

M Bison

Supports
York City
Game of two halves for him. Absolute liability in the first half, but played well in the second like most of the team.

Got away with a few though, bad tackle on Aguero and the penalty. On another day it could have been very different.

Ashley R1+O

Bleeds red, not much more than you can ask of him. A couple of nervy moments with the challenge and the header that looked like a handball but other than that solid as a rock. Whoever wants that LB spot won't get it without a fight, which is exactly the way it should be.

FujiVice

Has there been anyone more popular with so many managers than Ashley Young? Ferguson, Moyes, Van Gaal and Mourinho absolutely loved him.

I'd love an upgrade in the summer at left back, but he could last another 3-4 years as a United player. Such a pro.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Has there been anyone more popular with so many managers than Ashley Young? Ferguson, Moyes, Van Gaal and Mourinho absolutely loved him.

I'd love an upgrade in the summer at left back, but he could last another 3-4 years as a United player. Such a pro.
He is the type of player valuable to any top manager. Intelligent, adaptable, hard worker. Has the best cross in Manchester and can beat his man with ease. Also had the best attacker in the league in his pocket.

Young has never been a gifted player, he's always been doubted but proven people wrong. He did the exact same thing under LVG, replaced a more talented player in the team and outshone him.

He doesn't have to start every game, but he is a player I would want to stay because he has the right mentality and can come up with moments of magic every now and then.

el3mel

Just noticed this morning Luckhurst mentioned Young played the game through illness. Had a flu before the game but declared himself fit for Mourinho to play anyway.

We can disagree about his quality and I don't see him anything more than a stop gap but he's a proper Manchester United player mentality wise.

prath92

I have a lot of time for Ashley young. Was once a joke with his average wing play (poor man’s robben in that he always cuts in) to diving to having bird shit and now he is kind of redeemed himself and might actually start games at the World Cup. Has become a cult hero of sorts

Young is exactly the type of player you need in a squad. He will play anywhere, and always puts in a great deal of effort, he’s a Jose type player. You can’t have world class players in every position, and I’d take him every day of the week over Valencia at RB. He’s deserved to get back into the team, and I think he’s England’s best LB at the moment, well done Ashley Young.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Come on he is not a left back.
Yet he's still the best left back at the club. I think that tells us two things:

1) We need to upgrade on Young
2) Young has earnt his place in the squad with his performances this season

el3mel

Same like Valencia, anything more than a backup next season and we're fecked.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Marginally better than Valencia, which means nothing. Must be replaced ASAP.

Litch

No issues with Young but it's like Smalling playing centre forward when losing with 2mins to go......it should be an option and not the given!!!

Kag

I have an unfortunate irrational dislike for Young and think he's been largely shite here, however... he shouldn't have been taken off today.

We looked awfully imbalanced when he came off and the only way we looked like scoring was for him to bend in one of those ghastly, overhit crosses that occasionally find Lukaku's head. Wrong sub, for me.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Whilst I appreciate he isn’t that bad, he’s one of the most predictable footballers I’ve ever seen.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
I have an unfortunate irrational dislike for Young and think he's been largely shite here, however... he shouldn't have been taken off today.

We looked awfully imbalanced when he came off and the only way we looked like scoring was for him to bend in one of those ghastly, overhit crosses that occasionally find Lukaku's head. Wrong sub, for me.
Nice summary. Hes shit, though, and his crossing is horrendous for a former winger.

Flying high

I'm pretty fed up with him doing this same old routine of fighting really hard to deserve a first team place, then playing like shit once he's settled in.

Not blaming him for today, but he cannot be a starter next year.

Greck

With Young it's very frustrating to have your left back see acres of space and still pulling back to pass to smalling because he can't run on his left. He earns his money in the final third but when we need more oomph from deep he's a net negative

Acole9

Outstanding
I like him but he should not be first choice, no way. He's so slow going forward.

luke511

Young was our weak link last time we played Tottenham, Alli bullied him in the air for every ball, must've been a clear tactic from Pochettino.. Let's see if it happens again today.

el3mel

Our worst player today. His tendency to cut inside eliminate any threat from him as it makes him easy to read for the opposition and always a liability in defense. He's also one of our worst players in getting the ball from the back upfront.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.